It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake cop gives out traffic fine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Fake cop gives out traffic fine

au.news.yahoo.com

A man has fitted flashing red, white and blue lights to his car and posed as a policeman, hitting up a Brisbane motorist for money to pay a fake traffic fine.

Police said a woman was pulled over on Beenleigh-Redland Bay Road, Cornubia, about 4pm (AEST) on Sunday by a man wearing blue pants, a blue business shirt and cap and driving a white Suzuki Swift hatchback with dashboard lights.

The man told the woman she had committed a traffic offence and asked for an upfront cash payment for the fine.

When the woman challenged him and asked for identification, he left in his car.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/4/10 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I work in Beenleigh and this is like, WHOA! What a fool to try that one on. Every driver in this country has been fined in the past for some traffic offence or another and we all know we get 28 days to pay the fine and after that it goes to the State Penalties Enforcement Registry (SPER).

This shows how criminals will go to any level to get cash for drugs or what have you.
Or a cop trying a fast one? You be the judge...

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

"Any motorist that believes the unmarked vehicle attempting to intercept them is not a police vehicle is urged to contact local police or, if they fear for their safety, to call triple zero to verify the identity of the vehicle or the person," a statement said.

Not sure how that could work considering it's illegal to use the phone while driving! Are they suggesting you pull over and go meet this guy? You'd never know if its a cop or not with the amount of D-vehicles getting around and now polive impersonators!!!
Is this fear mongering?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Maybe he should have just arrested her and performed a strip search!

PS: I think it was the susuki that gave it away DOH!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses

Yeah, you think he would have invested in a Commodore if he was going to go that far.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
Maybe he should have just arrested her and performed a strip search!

Exactly, Psychoses...

A jack driving around in a # box like a Suzuki Swift ??

Still, gotta give the guy props for trying it on...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Picture this scenario~

...your driving down the motorway. You see an unmarked car pull in behind you lights flashing. Your unsure as you've never seen an unmarked police car of this make. You don't stop and get out your mobile phone and start dialling. You get the operator who 20 minutes later confirms, yes, it's a police car. You pull over...

How many fines do you think you would get after that? If you can't count them on three fingers or less, it's a summons to court. Or worst case scenrio, they drag you out of the car, kicking and stomping you into submission.

CX

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
These sort of people get thier comeuppance sooner or later, he will stop the wrong person and get what he deserves.

We had one in Germany once, a brit soldier was doing this exact thing around our garrison. He had bought a blue light from one of those disco equipment shops and put a orange sticler down the side of the car.

It was all going well until he pulled our unmarked car over.
He said we were speeding (which we were not), and when he asked us to pay a fine there and then on the spot, thats where it got amusing.

All four of us got out of the car, politely suggested that he was not a real policeman, a suggestion he was deeply offended at and asked why. We said that firstly, our police do not hand out fines, secondly we knew every single member of the unit and he was not one of them (he was sweating a bit by now), and lastly....normal police patrols had 9mm Browning handguns, which he did not.....unlike the HK's which we had and proceeded to show him.

Funnily enough he came quietly.

CX.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's lucky money was all they wanted. Women have been attacked and murdered in this manner. You are perfectly within your right, if being signalled by an unmarked car to pull over, to ring the police and confirm that it is really is a police car. Just makes me wonder about the whole driving while using a mobile phone being illegal. Would they fine you and put points on your license?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

In all fairness, I have seen several cops driving around in unmarked cars that were clearly acquired in some sort of drug bust or something.
Actually had one pull me over that was in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX.

We had some whack job here in Virginia a few years back that was posing as an officer and pulling people over, made things pretty dicey for a while.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

Where I live, not only would they fine you and put points on your license, more likely than not you'd be making a trip to jail on some trumped up charge.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If someone attempted to pull me over driving this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7f29d7d5d09.jpg[/atsimg]

I would have to laugh

Reminds me of an odd man in my home town that used to try to pull people over while riding his bike. He has since been made an honorary member of the police department. Hmmm makes you wonder.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
We have had some people impersonating the Land Transport Authority in suburban areas where I live. They actually photocopied fine papers and used those, giving maximum fine and asking for bribe to get rid of fine. Most people fell for the bribe. Got caught when they stopped a CEO of the Land Transport Authority.

new topics

top topics

join