It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Chinese U.F.O Mags. and 'that' spiral.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I find it strange that many are suggesting that "there is no spiral" in the magazine picture the OP is referring to!

I can see a clear spiral from the lower end of the blob/cloud.. The two actually look very "similar in nature" to each other.

For the record, I am not saying they are "of the same kind" or even look alike.. They just seem as if they fall into the same category of a phenomena caused by "something"..

Excellent observation!! Star and Flag for you!

Where did you get those magazines?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I found the book that I mentioned in a previous post here.

It is a Readers Digest book, 'Mysteries of the Unexplained'.

I will quote from the book, page 257:

"Strange atmospheric spirals marked the path of a Centaur rocket
launched from Cape Kennedy on November 27th, 1963. Three ships in
the Atlantic sighted them. The curves may have been formed by
strong wind vortices in the rocket's wake or by the same upper
atmosphere magnetic effects that cause particles from solar storms
to spiral in the Earth's magnetic field.
(The Marine Observer, 34:181-3, October 1964) "

Might give a little credence to the Russian rocket explanation of the Norway Spiral and the Chinese ones pictured on this thread.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by njl51
Below, this is a rocket test?
www.youtube.com...

Hi, njl51

It has been posted several times here on ATS.
That video was originally submitted HERE
Title:
Unknown Object in P.D.R. CA
Description:

November 8,1997 An Unknown Object that flew over Toe`s Beach in Playa del Rey,CA. Notice the bright object right over it.

www.youtube.com...

It was a Delta II launch.

Delta II Rocket / Iridium MS-5 Launch Photos

On the evening of 1997 November 8, a Delta II rocket carrying five Iridium communications satellites lifted off from Space Launch Complex 2-West at Vandenberg AFB. The launch took place during evening twilight and the rocket climbed out of the Earth's shadow and into sunlight, creating a memorable display visible over a wide area. The webmaster recorded the event on film from Santa Ynez Peak in Santa Barbara County, California.

www.spacearchive.info...

The Delta II carries the Iridium 38, 39, 40, 41, and 43 satellites into orbit as its sunlit contrail is suspended in the dusk sky. The webmaster took this photo during the late portion of the first stage burn just before main engine cut-off (MECO). The bright white dot on the right is the planet Venus.

This image shows the sunlit contrail from the Delta II just after first stage main engine cut-off. Following MECO, the rocket dropped significantly in brightness and was difficult to see. The very faint white speck in the lower left may be the rocket following second stage ignition.

www.spacearchive.info...

Delta II Rocket Launch, Vandenberg AFB, CA
November 8, 1997, 17:35 PST

Exposure: 1/30 sec.
Film: K-Mart Imation ISO 400 color print
Lens: Tamaron 28mm-200mm f/3.5 at 28mm.
The top frame shows the rocket's exhaust plume illuminated by the sun, about 20 minutes after sunset. Venus can be seen below the rocker, Jupiter is off to the lower left of the rocket. The bottom frame is a close up of the rocket approaching Jupiter. The exhaust plume is now in direct sunlight. Notice the difference between the white plume in the top frame and orange exhaust in the lower frame.

www.dosgatos.com...

I bet it has been some unforgettable spectacle

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Regarding the OP, first of all thank you for taking the time to compile such a well laid out and interesting thread, and I have reasons to think that this one was a great find anyway.
I have to say that yes, it looks like some rocket launch, but we'd need to make some assesment with the date of the launch, while the base, as indicated by Maybe...maybe not was most likely Jiuquan Space Launch Center.
As i've just said via U2U to Maybe...maybe not, there's something very interesting with dates:

The series of photos was allegedly taken on August 28 1988;

• China's Long March 3 (CZ-3) was operational since 1983
  • China's Long March 4 (CZ-4) was first used in September 6, 1988

and

• A larger version of Long March 4 (CZ-4) was first used on 1988 and has never been shown.

I'd rule out it was a CZ-3 (it would be unlikely that they've tested or just used it one week before launching the new CZ-4:
    IMO, it was either a secret test for CZ-4, or a secret test for the larger version of CZ-4.
    If the photos are genuine and the date is correct, then it would be a great find, documenting either ways a secret lauch, that's why I think it was a great find.
    Thank you very much for sharing

• posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:57 AM
    link   
    reply to post by univac500

Nice post maybe this will put to bed all the UFO/STARGATE rubbish re these spirals.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:17 AM
    link   
    All the starving kids in China and you're browsing flea markets for old UFO mags?

Nice find!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
    link   
    Very cool find. Nice work. I wonder what other countries made similar mags.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I dont see anything resembling the Norway spiral in these photos at all. I see some pictures showing glowing orbs.

I guess we all have different perceptions. My own perception tells me the Norway spiral was not a UFO. It was something we havent seen before in a long time.

If you check ancient carvings, you will find spirals like the norway spiral though, which to me tells me this has happened before long ago.
    agreed
    looks like some kinda signs from above first the strange meteorites now 3 spirals
    wtf

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Copernicus]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join