It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Energy at Lowes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I thought I read in California where the state was helping to pay for the cost so that you could get less expensive solar panels if enough people in the town or group you were in all agreed to have solar panels installed. I'm thinking Lowe's panels will probably cost more. With new advances in solar, I don't mind waiting until we can get a roof spray that can create electricity. If houses were designed to be more energy efficient from the start, there could be bigger savings than add on solar panels. I was thinking that a lot of energy gets used to heat and cool homes when a network of water pipes going underground could be used to help redirect energy from the ground to your house and visa versa.

I wouldn't be surprised if simply having white roofing shingles instead of black would lower your summer air conditioning bill. Focusing on only one thing like solar after the house is already there leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. I believe large solar thermal power stations are the most cost effective and competitive now with conventional energy sources. I believe I read that but I don't remember the details. A lot of mirrors reflect solar energy onto a central tank and that generates heat and electricity. I have to wonder if that works good on a large scale, maybe it can work well on smaller scales too.

Lowe's selling solar panels is very interesting. It's a good start.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by orionthehunter]

<< 1   >>

join