It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican cartels cannot be defeated, drug lord says

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
People can make drugs IN THEIR KITCHEN.

Out of curiosity - how is a big unmanageable fence that ignores that people aren't required to travel across land anymore - how does that fence stop people from making drugs in their kitchen?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Not coc aine, not heroine, and a host of other drugs, mainly meth and last I heard a lot of that was coming from Canada or wherever they could find the ingredients (Ammonium nitrate).

You deny that the Mexican border is a huge portal for drugs?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by Aeons

Not coc aine, not heroine, and a host of other drugs, mainly meth and last I heard a lot of that was coming from Canada or wherever they could find the ingredients (Ammonium nitrate).

You deny that the Mexican border is a huge portal for drugs?

Sir, is it true you have stopped beating your wife? Yes or No.

I appreciate that someone brought an obvious logic fallacy to the table for it to be addressed though. "Loaded Question."

Did you miss the invention of flight?

Is your fence a gigantic force field?

Are you going to mind wipe your entire government service and reprogram all of them to not be corrupt and not be threatenable?

Are you really so naive that you think a FENCE is going to stop the drug problem in the USA?

What I just pointed out is that people will MAKE drugs. You guys have chemists. Pharmacology scientists.

Oh wait - maybe you are just a proponent of "Buy Local!"

[edit on 2010/4/6 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
A lot of people just don't get it..

Legalising Drugs creates a whole host of problems for the Law Enforcement Department.

For starters, if Drugs were legalised, 2/3rds of the Law Enforcement People would not be needed and would be put out of a Job. Why do you think there are so many Campigns saying how deadly illegal drugs are..

If Drugs became Legal, then anyone could possibly produce these drugs. The Pharma Companies would not like this one bit. They'd lose Billions of dollars if illegal drugs were Leagal.

It's just a Circle that goes around and around and around.

So far you've said nothing I don't like. Some PDs need to be cut down and big pharma could sure use a good old fashioned free market ass kicking.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You can't keep the drugs and parapanalia out of jail. But you think a fence will.

A fence will work to a certain point. If the US doesn't have the manpower to secure the fence, it is useless. Furthermore, they would have to put a fence on the Northern Border as well.

Because eventually, that is how the mess will get in.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
As long as there is profit in any trade, there will be trade.
Pretty basic truth.
L.E.A.P. is Law enforcement against prohibition. The founder began his career on the front lines of the "war on drugs" at the very beginning.
He will be the first to tell you THEY MADE IT WORSE.
How?
By driving UP the PRICE and INCREASING the PROFITS.
Therefore, MORE reason to get into the business.

Add to that the fact that the CIA is coordinating big chunks of the trade, and much of what they do, as well as many a "foundation", and you can see why most drugs will never be legal.
The Mexican Drug Lords know who is in the distribution/retail end of the business.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Furthermore, they would have to put a fence on the Northern Border as well.
Wow! That would be a very long & expensive fence. No point it being there if it weren't patrolled either. Sounds expensive too...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
A lot of people just don't get it..

Legalising Drugs creates a whole host of problems for the Law Enforcement Department.

For starters, if Drugs were legalised, 2/3rds of the Law Enforcement People would not be needed and would be put out of a Job. Why do you think there are so many Campigns saying how deadly illegal drugs are..

You obviously don't understand the well intentioned though misguided effort by MADD do you? They are the ones who linked all drugs together because violence from freebase was tearing up their communities. They knew, that where people smoked pot, the pushers of freebase would get a whole knew generation hooked... because no one knew what the heck it was to begin with...

The last verse of Public Enemies "Night of the Living Baseheads" describes this well:

Yo, listen
I see it on their faces
(First come first serve basis)
Standin' in line
Checkin' the time
Homeboys playin' the curb
The same ones that used to do herb
Now they're gone
Passin' it on
Poison attack - the Black word bond
Daddy-O
Once said to me
He knew a brother who stayed all day in his jeep
And at night he went to sleep
And in the mornin' all he had was
The sneakers on his feet
The culprit used to jam and rock the mike, yo
He stripped the jeep to fill his pipe
And wander around to find a place
Where they rocked to a different kind of...BASS

And so the whole "drugs are bad mmmKay" stemmed from that. It's not a global conspiracy only in so much as a person limits himself from life because of one bad experience. And the effect of capitalism on illegal substances.

Remember that when Prohibition fell, they also had these large forces of people who seized it on a daily basis... also they had tons of jobs dependent on the arrests from the use or possession of alcohol... and that was repealed.

If Drugs became Legal, then anyone could possibly produce these drugs. The Pharma Companies would not like this one bit. They'd lose Billions of dollars if illegal drugs were Leagal.

Hey buddy... it already is...

It's very legal to medicate yourself with pot in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado... etc.

Another bad assumption on your part.

Again... do they fund anti-legalization movements... sure.... are they hugely successful? Not really... not if the amount of states which have made it legal for medical use in the past decade is any example.

It's just a Circle that goes around and around and around.

Kinda like your logic.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Well, since this thread travelled to the point of law in regards to plants. I think we should outlaw sugar cane, coffee beans, tea leaves and other such devilish plants.

Everyone knows that human beings are too stupid to understand what is good for them, so the gubment should actually make all plants illegall to produce with out a license. Next, we should make it illegal to sell any plant or derivative of plants without a license. Next, we should make it illegal to consume a plant or derivative without a license or proper i.d.

What us everybody think of my plan. Hell, this will take care of all our debt problems. Just imagine the revenue flow something like this could provide. Staggering really.

Frelling ignorance!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Aeons

You can't keep the drugs and parapanalia out of jail. But you think a fence will.

A fence will work to a certain point. If the US doesn't have the manpower to secure the fence, it is useless. Furthermore, they would have to put a fence on the Northern Border as well.

and then you'll realize that you it is getting by undefined ports and by air. So you'll need a dome.

In the meantime, industrious people will start creating home brew versions of recreational drugs - ones that are even more dangerous as time a shown. Those people will be grateful for you providing a nice internal market for them.

In the mean time, security and tarriff concerns will literally cripple your country as you strangle yourselves.

But hey - I'm sure it SEEMS like a good idea to some people.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The globalists are using such for their own ends.

I would like to see the relatives and friends of all such evil doers shun them to the max.

That won't likely happen either.

Depriving the evil doers of everything they want or use would be nice.

I don't think that will happen either.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We cannot defeat them as they are in another country and have the ability to make money based on our laws, but if we take away that ability by making the drugs they make legal then they will be defeated. Drug profits would drop well below where they would be cost effective to make without a gov license.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Just watch this slidshow, it says it all. The guys hanging from the bridge. *shakes head*

reuters

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

NN, we usually are on the opposite side of things.

I ask you, where does it state in ANY Constitution or legal Declaration of free people that PLANTS are unlawful?

Prohibition must have awoken some people to the failure of making something illegal that people want to partake in.

I find any prohibition of any PLANT to be abhorrent to freedom. Yes, some drugs are a detriment to both society and the individual. Does it do any good to punish everyone for the beliefs of the majority.

You would argue that it was wrong to destroy the Native American culture and life, but you would argue the other side of the fact that they used Tobacco and other Drugs in their day to day lives.

I ask you, are you a social Libertarian? Or are you a totalitarian?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If you think the drug cartels are just going the magically disappear by legalizing drugs then you are horribly mistaken. Did the Mafia disappear when we repealed Prohibition in 1933? Nope, the Mafia still exists today (although it was significantly weakened due to LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTION in the 1990s to the point where it is now a joke).

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Of course not, but they would become legitimate enterprises. They would NOT have to resort to violence to engender their business. If they did still use violence, they would go out of business.

Sorry, prohibition has NEVER led to less usage. It has only created more violence!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

It has nothing to do with the plant itself.

I am referring to the power of the Mexico drug cartels. They are the moden day mafia and technically terrorists in every sense of the word.

And no amout of freedom of being able to smoke a plant is worht bodies hanging off a bridge or 40 dead bodies being found in the desert.

But i believe this has less to do with pot then it has to do with harder substances that people can't produce themselves.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

NN, if you and I were allowed to produce our own drugs or PLANTS, would this NOT reduce the strength of the Cartels?

Like I said, prohibition has NEVER worked. What makes you think it solves ANYTHING?

If you remove the restriction, at least, the violence stops. Prohibition again, has NEVER worked. NEVER.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

It is not entirely true that making a drug legal removes the problems.

The culture of drug use and acceptance in the Netherlands has played a role in that country's becoming the world's top producer of Ecstasy. It's interesting that, in a 2001 study, the British Home Office found that violent crime and property crime increased in the late 1990s in every wealthy country except the United States. No doubt effective drug enforcement had a part in declining crime in the United States.

washington post

• The Dutch experience : After allowing marijuana to be sold in certain cafes, the Government of the Netherlands reconsidered its legalization policy. Consumption of marijuana had nearly tripled from 15 to 44% among 18-20 year olds. Despite the Dutch Government’s policy to provide “medical” marijuana to patients through pharmacies, many individuals have chosen to obtain their marijuana through cafes. Part of the problem with the Dutch policy is that the price of pharmaceutical grade marijuana is prohibitive.

link

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
they all say that and talk all the good stuff until they get kicked in the face. they are very stoppable but nobody really wants to stop them. they should start stopping the people not the drugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join