It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican cartels cannot be defeated, drug lord says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
In the real world this is true, as the drug money keeps the stock market going. Why would police want to stop these things as police need more money.

Alot of things do not make sense or even go against logic, when they come out with there phoney war on drugs. Yep right is that why the police need to prove there existence, why would that problem ever go away.

So you think the entire problem could be resolved by giving police officers a raise?

I'm sure they would love to see your solution implemented!

Unfortunately, as others have stated, it's much more complex than law enforcement officers, and probably much higher reaching. I think some day we will all be very shocked when we learn how far-reaching this problem really is. Maybe not so much direct involvement, but those who permit it to continue.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Please keep the thread to strategies.

I'm not sure sure you can...
If we closed the border and aggressively patrolled the sea ports we could make a big dent... Most likely they'd just dig more tunnels and come in threw Canada..

but we already have some 20 million Mexican Nationals on our side...Nearly 1 million criminally active gang-bangers representing about 20,000 street gangs in more than 2,500 cities who rely on the drug trade...So they have help on this side...

unless you went so far as to declare all out marshal law , were talking Stalin era repression... I don't see anything we do being very effective

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Get the C.I.A. to overthrow the govt., put one in of our liking that will serve our purpose. They should be good at it at this point, they've done it for how long now?

They seem to like this government.

reply to post by OddTimeSignature

atleast 50 percent of the americans have a tomato where the brain used to sit...and the rest of you which actually have a brain, and want to stop the mess are getting fewer...so the cartels are sitting safe for now...

reply to post by boondock-saint

mexican drug gangs on American streets make a huge profit
for these cartels.

Do you really believe mexican gangs are the only gangs making huge profits?

reply to post by DaddyBare

So they have help on this side...

More than anything, they have demand on their side.

Thanks for everyone's contribution

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Mexican cartels cannot be defeated, drug lord says

Oh yes they can....and I can describe the process in one simple word: DECRIMINALIZATION!

EDIT: for spelling

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by red_d

You can throw up all the fences you want. It would work for a week, then drug prices would skyrocket and the cartels would just start sending over a huge number of people through the border crossing, or using submarines, or constructing tunnels etc. Complicated situations call for complicated solutions. As stated previously, this is a multifaceted problem and building a fence really wont do much.

I disagree. A good, well planned fence will stop the drugs, the migration and traffic back and forth where there is a fence and put pressure in other areas where they can do as they do in Florida by stopping air and sea traffic. We started building a long time ago then progress stopped.

The problem is that politicians don't have the guts to start building the fence. Bush didn't and now Obama isn't either.

Politicians like Obama won't build a fence because he wants more illegals who eventually will become democrats. Who knows why Bush didn't but probably for demographic reasons and for a cheap labor supply. America needs population, young people to prop up the old and retiring. The next 20 years will be difficult for the younger generation because the boomers are leaving the force and going on SS.
Funny how Obama and Congress completely ignore this!

In the coming political sweep it will be interesting to see if the new blood will have any more determination to solve border problems.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

They don't want to solve the problem, plumranch. This is not an oversight, laziness, lack of money, apathy or anything else.

It is being deliberately permitted to continue. (Actually I think this is what you were getting at in your post).

But that is the long and the short of it. They thought about it, and decided to keep the status quo in place.

Edit: I don't agree however, that it is to gain Democratic votes, otherwise the last administration would have solved the problem. It has to do with economics, methinks.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There is a way and no one will agree and implement it. Genetically modify the plant species. Start out by modifying cannabis and aerially reseeding the crops where ever they are found. Modify it so it has a markedly lower THC content. Modify it into extinction. Do the same with opium poppies etc. It can be done but it would have to be done by a covert agency with no ties to any governments. No one will agree to this and no one will do this because it would work and it would drastically reduce the supply of the substances eventually.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
First and foremost, build the damn fence. Regardless of how politically incorrect that is, security must take precedent. While construction is underway, we must use military forces to provide protection. After all, we have had troops all over the world, providing border security for others.

I do have some problems with decriminalization. My first argument relates to the huge problems caused by alcohol. I don't think I need to quote statistics, as everyone who is honest, knows what those problems are. I am kind of on the fence, regarding marijuana, as I don't think it is any worse than alcohol. However, the legalization of narcotics would cause the costs to drop, opening up a larger customer base and increase the use by current abuser. Thus, profits would still be maintained, through volume increases. No problems would be solved and the current problems would be compounded. Costs to the taxpayers would, also, increase, due to health care costs, law enforcement and justice system expansion (for the increase of collateral crimes), lost productivity, etc.

Sorry jam, for chasing that rabbit.

Beyond securing the border, I think we really need to focus on repairing our economy and bringing down unemployment, or we will see a huge spike in drug (and alcohol) abuse.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Fence? Did somebody say fence?

You know as well as I do that some company has to make huge profits off the government, do a sloppy job, and then claim that their isn't enough money or a number of other excuses.

Back to the drawing and look for the next company to rip off the government.

The Department of Homeland Security's plan to build a virtual fence across the U.S.-Mexico border has come to a crashing halt just days before the release of a report expected to slam the system.

Homeland chief Janet Napolitano beat the Government Accountability Office report to the punch when she announced Tuesday that she's freezing funding for the Secure Border Initiative Network.

Homeland Security hired The Boeing Co. 3 1/2 years ago to build a string of towers along the 2,000-mile border. The towers were to integrate off-the-shelf products — cameras, radar, connections to ground sensors — so that Border Patrol agents could see who and what was coming across in real time.

www.npr.org...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by jam321]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Touche'... But what about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers ?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Aren't they still in the Big Easy?

Yes, they could get the job done but the lobbyist would never let the government do it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Edit: I don't agree however, that it is to gain Democratic votes, otherwise the last administration would have solved the problem. It has to do with economics, methinks.

Bush wasn't very politically motivated, unlike the present administration which is the other extreme. Bush seemed to be more aligned with the PTB more like his daddy. I think the NWO/ PTB definitely want that border left open.

The only chance the people of the US have is to bring in a lot of tea party independent type candidates that will buck the system, say we've had enough, the border will be closed and the fence is going up tomorrow.

There was significant money funded, Congress approved the project and Bush stopped construction. You'd think Bush being from Texas hit so heavily by infiltration, immigration, trafficing, etc. would want to protect his home state. What is it? About 75% of Americans want to close the borders yet they are wide open!

A fence may divert the traffic elsewhere but a boat on the ocean or airborne cargo is easy to spot on a radar and interdict. A hundred coyoties with drug filled backpacks is impossible to stop!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Hey, I hate to say it. But, I can do accounting, I am highly trained in construction, aircraft, management, sales, plus I do not ask questions of my employer. My government has trained me well in that.

Are you hiring, because I have not worked for about a year. Definitely need a job.

Look at MonsterJobs.Com under................

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You can't keep the drugs and parapanalia out of jail. But you think a fence will.

The biggest wall of all still didn't stop the Mongols.

The wall between E and W Germany didn't work either

Every concievable version of this plan has failed.

But you remain convinced of its absolute ability to stop drugs.

What's that saying about Insanity?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The biggest wall of all still didn't stop the Mongols

Well, we're not trying to stop Mongols, or armies just individuals, dangerous hombres with drugs. The Israelis made a wall that worked in Jerusalem, worked very well.

Where there's a will there's a way. It's a matter of being serious.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yea I agree the only way is with global misplacement meaning WEATHER CHANGING SITUATIONS THAT FROBID DIFFERENT PLANTS FROM GROWING. For he is telling the truth about too many being wrapped up in the dope game that are in high ranking places why the low guys just take all the HEAT. Some high temps here cold temps there then you got VEGETATION SHORTAGES FROM ALL PLANTS...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
reply to post by tristar

Right and those pissed off citizens are gonna fight back with WHAT??? the government has assured the public is disarmed.

I will disagree with you here. Most or should a say, a large amount of U.S. citizens are fairly equipped in comparison with other nations. Considering that a U.S. citizen is capable of purchasing an assault rifle is just a simple eye opener.

Keep in mind, i tend to agree with how things are, but then again more guidelines would be a relief as to lock down the mentally unstable. To bare arms, is everyone person's right (considering what nation he or she lives in) but to have people with high powered assault rifles or handguns who after an interview are visibly unstable let alone allowed to purchase such weapons is simply asking for a tragedy.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by Aeons

The biggest wall of all still didn't stop the Mongols

Well, we're not trying to stop Mongols, or armies just individuals, dangerous hombres with drugs. The Israelis made a wall that worked in Jerusalem, worked very well.

Where there's a will there's a way. It's a matter of being serious.

Jerusalem is TINY. The country itself is freaking tiny. You want to compare that to a gigantic land border????

You think that the wall of China wasn't SERIOUS?

If you cannot stop an army, what makes you think that you're going to stop drug criminals? Who have armies. Armies that are currently waging a civil war inside Mexico that is being ignored.

Are you unaware of the invention of flight? Has the invention of boats and the mail system and the train system eluded you?

Are you thinking that corruption is not possible in your border services? How hell do you think they get the drugs into jails??

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In an unrelated article i was reading. that being the question of legalizing and Taxing pot in Calif... this argument was made

At that point, I had to stop him and ask the obvious question: Isn't the drug war exactly like Prohibition? Didn't the legalization of booze make Al Capone's mobsters pack their Tommy guns back in their cello cases so semi-law-abiding citizens like Joseph P. Kennedy could take over the liquor "cartels."

"That's a theoretical argument," he said.

"But isn't it true? Didn't the mobsters all go away?"

"You need to get your history from other than movies," he said. "What did happen after Prohibition is that the mob simply moved in to the legal liquor distributorships all over the country. All that came out in the Kefauver Commission in the 1950s."

you can read that story herelegalize pot

so we know making drugs legal doesnt work...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If you want to put the Cartels out of business do like any other major corporation would do:

1. Create a superior product at a lower price with an open distribution system.

This would probably be the most effective. By taking away their customers, you have taken away their money. Without the money there is no power. Without the power, members of Cartels are nothing more than over glorified errand boys.

2. Buy them out(I mean, this is all over money isn't it?)

Obviously this wouldn't be a one time cash offer, but more a partnership between the US and Mexico. The US would purchase the year's stock of drugs from the Cartels. With the drugs having been already purchased Cartels have no reason to take risks by bringing the drugs over the border. The US would then do whatever they wish with the drugs(most likely reselling them on the street)

The media and our government want people to believe that Cartels are rebel groups trying to overthrow the Mexican government. In reality these people are simply drug dealers who have no other ambition or goal selling drugs other than to make money. Cartels don't care if they're selling flowers or coc aine as long as they're making a profit.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join