It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiding NASA Decline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Climate Change: The agency that put Americans on the moon can't tell you the temperature that day. It isn't returning to the moon, but it will fix the brakes on your car. Two senators want to know what's going on.

The scandal unfolding at the nation's space agency is worse than the climate scandal, where researchers with Britain's Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia manipulated, destroyed and doctored climate data so that it supported the preordained conclusion that climate change was an imminent threat caused by man.

If there is any doubt, just ask NASA.

E-mail messages obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request reveal that NASA concluded its own climate findings were inferior to the CRU analysis. In one e-mail from 2007, when a USA Today reporter asked if NASAs data "was more accurate," NASAs Dr. Reto Ruedy responded with an emphatic no.

"NASAs temperature data is worse than the Climate-gate temperature data. According to NASA," writes Christopher Horner, a senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute who uncovered the e-mails. Indeed, NASAs record shows it fudged data and cherry-picked data sources.

Concerned about the validity of NASA's climate research data, Sens. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., and David Vitter, R-La., sent a letter to space agency chief Charles Bolden demanding answers and inviting Bolden to testify to the Senate on the credibility of NASA's data.

"The American people deserve to learn the truth about the data," Barrasso told FoxNews.com. "We shouldn't make decisions affecting millions of American jobs when the data isn't credible."

Particularly when NASA is admitting it isn't.

Barrasso and Vitter refer to a Feb. 27 study by former NASA physicist Edward Long. Long concluded that NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), run by Al Gore's favorite scientist, Dr. James Hansen, had been modifying data, "lowering temperature values for far-back dates and raising those in the more recent past."

www.investors.com...

Well, well folks... can I say "I told you so"?...

Now we are learning that not only were the AGW scientists nothing more than scammers, and liars, but NASA, through Hansen, has been doing the same thing. They have been fudging the data, and cherry picking data sources to further the cause of the AGW scammers/liars.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I like the fact that NASA is being called out,Op.

"Fudged emails and cherry picking sources, shame on you!" the senators will say to the NASA men over a five course meal including champagne...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

When someone is called to testify before the Senate there is no 5 course meals, and much less champagne.

I know you are probably trying to be sarcastic, but it is a very bad sarcastic comment when everyone knows that Senate hearings do not include 5,4,3,2 or even 1 course meals, and much less champagne.

In fact, this is a serious matter, and people in NASA that were involved in this could lose their jobs. Let's hope that the nutso Hansen is one of those people who loses his job....

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by dragonsmusic

When someone is called to testify before the Senate there is no 5 course meals, and much less champagne.

I know you are probably trying to be sarcastic, but it is a very bad sarcastic comment when everyone knows that Senate hearings do not include 5,4,3,2 or even 1 course meals, and much less champagne.

In fact, this is a serious matter, and people in NASA that were involved in this could lose their jobs. Let's hope that the nutso Hansen is one of those people who loses his job....

The dinners and the champagne take place back stage. What happens on the floor of the senate is often just a public show for the domesticated primates (humans).

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think it is a shame that modern science is being hijacked by politicians and other groups for political gain and profit.

The scientific community should say enough is enough and refuse to have anything to do with politics or anything else, and go back to doing pure research and writing papers. People can do with the research as they please, but this bastardization of scientific process must stop, otherwise we will be back in the dark ages because we can't trust the research done in recent times, and that would be disasterous for man-kind.

I really do think it is safe to say that we've gone backwards scientifically in the last 20-30 years. We need to get back on track.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
The dinners and the champagne take place back stage. What happens on the floor of the senate is often just a public show for the domesticated primates (humans).

Riiiight...and you know this how?.... People have lost their jobs in the past in similar hearings, and have even been incarcerated... But hey you want to CLAIM they only drink champagne and eat 5 meal courses.....

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So, like always the AGW fanatics stay away from such topics...

First it was shown that their AGW scientists are nothing more than scammers, and liars, and even the chief scientist of the IPCC had to admit that they had used false information to lure in people into believing their lies...then the main scientist who was told to post such false information came out saying that THEY KNEW it was false information before it was posted...but since they claimed it was for the greater good there was nothing wrong with it in their minds...

Now we learn that NASA through Hansen has also been fudging data, and cherry picking data sources, but hey we still get the greenpeace nutties making statements that they will use civil disobedience, and other tactics to make governments do what they want...even when it is a known fact that the AGW claims are nothing more than lies....

[edit on 7-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I am just amazed that this hasn't gotten to the mainstream media. Oh wait, that's right the mainstreatm media is owned by those who "fanatically believe in AGW" and have only been presenting their twisted scam as being the truth...

Anyway, i am bumping this since some people are trying to keep their AGW alive depite the fact that it has been proven to be nothing more than a scam, and yes many people in power all over the world have been using their power to hide the truth about the ongoing Climate Change...

new topics

top topics

join