It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your greatest 'fear'?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by decadence

Don't worry, it is just the latest style of snuggie.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
I have two big fears.

The biggest is something happening to my daughter. The thought of her being harmed in anyway is enough to give me horrific nightmares. She is my biggest joy and reason for living. Without her there is really nothing that matters.

The second big fear is trusting and opening up to some one only to have that trust betrayed. Thinking some one is a friend and finding out that the reality is they aren't. In all honesty that has already happened which leads to another fear that I will find myself unable to trust or love some one other then my daughter again.

So, I guess I really have three major fears.

Yeah your second fear is a harsh one and that's a better description of why I fear never finding someone again. I had held back before then the last person I put that fear away and was totally open and honest. Then when that fell apart she tried to destroy me, called my job tried to get me fired, and I was forced to change my number and protect my family from her. Suffice it to say that just made it doubly hard.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My last breath taken place in a nursing home laying in my own feces. Without question, that is my greatest fear.

Regards,
rgseymour

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Yeah, greatest fear is eternal psychological or spiritual pain of some kind...other than that, I suppose just the unknown considering we really know squat about why we are here and for what reason. We can come up with stories to butress our faith and live to make our own purpose, but no matter how high and mighty we act, we are still just children lost in the dark.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
I would think, most of the worlds population would fear death. Has anyone had that horrible thought knowing that one day your going to die...

well, it certainly seemed like i was going to die, having excreted blood for a week. but it was no horrible thought. more like; "well, this will be interesting". i did not notify my daughter who was holidaying in london. i thought why disturb her. fly all the way back to oz and then i might live. what a waste of money.

my background is i have studied eastern philosophy for decades and had a pretty good idea what happens. i did not regard myself as having been "born".
rather, i entered the world at melbourne, capitol of victoria, and would "leave" from a different city.

i have real or imagined memories from a previous existence elsewhere and it was superior to here.

i firmly believe that each individual identifies with mind and body to various extents. the more caught up with that belief, the more fear there is. if you consider duality to be true, then fear arises. after you're free of the physical body, you'll probably think death was wonderful.

life and death are 2 sides of a coin, and i'd like to throw the coin away.

conditional existence sucks like a black hole, and i doubt the latter exists.

anyway, after a blood transfusion i improved and lived on for at least 8 years. the doctors searched for but did not find a cause. how could i tell them i'd been practicing dangerous pranayama without a teacher for 10 months.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rgseymour
My last breath taken place in a nursing home laying in my own feces. Without question, that is my greatest fear.

Regards,
rgseymour

Ah, the brevity of life...

Sobering thought huh?

Thanks for posting

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

I understand completely the last man two men I trusted and thought that they spoke the truth simply didn't. Apparently to some the words I love you mean nothing or are just a means to an end. Still, I think love is worth the risk.........

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rgseymour

Regards,
rgseymour

Since a person is usually born crying into a room full of laughing people, it is my opinion that if they have lived their life to it's fullest without regret, they should die laughing in a room full of crying people. The feces is a fitting touch though.

Sorry OT, I'm digging your thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My greatest fear is a nightmare I always had when I was a kid...

Another fear of mine is to find out that I am so dumb that I can not see that crappiness that is rubbed in our faces everyday.

Another fear of mine is pretty much everything, I ran down the street from a Chawowa when I was like 10 in a terrified manner...

Another fear of mine is not being able to seperate imagination from reality, even though 5d is the dimension where anything is possible, which confuses me even more even though, confusion is my fear and I live in it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I guess my fear is wasting my life. I'm not afraid of death. I'd rather be content and die before the end of my 20's then miserably for 80 years(females live very long in my family)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Sorry OT, I'm digging your thread.

Me, too...

its been a good one this time around....hard to predict huh?

OT

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join