It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your greatest 'fear'?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

My greatest fear used to be failure. Perfectionist parents that believed I could do no wrong and that I was the best at everything ingrained me with the feeling that I had to be the best, whether they meant to or not.

As I got older, my rebellion came in that I simply gave up on that life perspective. I began to slack off. Now I'm trying to regain a heathy determination for doing my best when it is needed, but leaving room for error and learning.

My greatest fear now...?
Being wrong. Living my life based on concepts and realities that prove to be false. The idea of wasting my life in this way scares me above all else. It's an earth-shattering thing when you find out that your government doesn't deserve your full support or the sacrifice of your life or the lives of family and friends. It's crushing when faith is shaken, but it can build stronger faith if it is based on a sure foundation.

Discovering that your life had been wasted, for any reason, is what scares me. I imagine our fears in this regard are not that different.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I would think, most of the worlds population would fear death. Has anyone had that horrible thought knowing that one day your going to die...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

That's a big one for me, too, despite my religious upbringing. Still, in my mind, there are worse things than death. Being alive while unable to live is one.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

OK, I'm really serious now............failure.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

ok, occupational or relational?

OT

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
My greatest fear is dying without having a positive effect on the people I have known in my life.

Scarry, for sure....

You mena kids and family?

OT

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
.......that I'm also afraid of her being all alone, so I'd have to amend the above to something adverse happening to either of us.......

OK, cool, how would you deal with it, should it occur....cause the probabilities are good one of you will go, without the other?

OT

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Murderers.
Rats, bats, and monkeys.
Cancer.
Brain turns to mush. (What is that?)
Rust.
Car tires, gasoline, and other things that explode.
Liars.
Tornados.
Sharks.

Not necessarily in that order.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

that's alot....which tops the list?

OP...."greatest..."

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

OT

Sexual. Seems to cover both, no

[edit on 7-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
"Spiders.

Women.

Spider-women."

(Bonus points to whoever can guess where that movie quote came from!)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

OT

Sexual. Seems to cover both, no?

If you are busy

Sorry to bother you my multi-tasker

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

OT

Sexual. Seems to cover both, no

Couple mid-course corrections there?

Weren't you talking about double posts yesterday...?...thx God for the edit, re-edit feature....think maybe life works that way too?...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Sorry. I edited my post then when I came out of edit mode saw you had quoted me.
My newly edited post no longer matched your quoted post so I re edited it back to original to match. I didn't want the earth to slip off it's axis. The toilets might start flushing in counter-clockwise rotation. What does the banana represent again?

Bottom line..........Flying monkeys of the Wizard of Oz variety are what scare me most. I only said sexual failure to protect my ego. Make any sense?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

No prob, your ego's fine....

there's a pill for that....

Night....

OT

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Abducted by aliens into their space ships, alone!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have two big fears.

The biggest is something happening to my daughter. The thought of her being harmed in anyway is enough to give me horrific nightmares. She is my biggest joy and reason for living. Without her there is really nothing that matters.

The second big fear is trusting and opening up to some one only to have that trust betrayed. Thinking some one is a friend and finding out that the reality is they aren't. In all honesty that has already happened which leads to another fear that I will find myself unable to trust or love some one other then my daughter again.

So, I guess I really have three major fears.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm in!

My greatest fear is that the damage I caused to my body is going to keep me in chronic pain and migraines for the rest of my life.

but...I am now finally starting to take actions to get this all fixed...sick of living in pain

PS...see also spiders....I freeze...I freak out...can't describe how bad my arachnophobia is

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by decadence

Boo!

Check out the size of that probe.........Just kidding.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts yet, but I thought of my deepest fear and had to post before I forgot... I am a little absent minded sometimes lol.

My deepest fear is being seen as a failure in life by others left behind. Fear of failing my children, failing my potential, and just being an all around failure in general. That is truly what I fear.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by decadence

Boo!

Check out the size of that probe.........Just kidding.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

Scary man. I don't want to be taken away from my family and my dog by some sadistic aliens wearing stupid red hood.
They does nasty thing to people.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The thing that scares me the most is the idea of Eternal Recurrence. If the whole universe just infinitely did the same series of events again and again and again. And there are no other universes. Then I'd never really die I'd just have to keep living the same life. It would make the universe just seem really shoddy and meaningless. Moreso than if I just died and never existed anymore after that. At least then there's some kind of dualism between living and not living.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join