It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your greatest 'fear'?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by imans
reply to post by IAmD1

you are such trapped by your illusions will for what you dont want to face yourself alone by meaning that your life is what you are supported to do so never by yourself being true

otherwise you would know that you cant face horror, horror dont exist by itself to have any face reality as you, so it is simply manipulations abusing your weakness to see powerful livings behind their realisations
that mean to get from you what they want by puting in you in most horrible conditions so you would not have a sencond for yourself to get it all to them

Hi Imans thank you for commenting but I do not follow. Would you mind explaining what you mean by the above...thank you

L&L

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by imans
reply to post by Damian-007

you dont have any idea about what i said not tried to say, you mean to say about yourself being ignorant of

Hi Imans - It sounds like you are translating straight from another language?
I would love to understand what you are in fact trying to say because what you are saying makes no sense gramatically or any other how....

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If I had to guess I would say 'conflicts'.I mean any kind of conflict,not just war.I guess I'm a peaceful/lazy guy by nature.
I'm also afraid of heights still.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My biggest fear is bridges over running water.

I don't know why

Peace

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Nice Thread OT.

I think one of the greatest fear lye's in knowing that we do not really control anything. We have all these systems set up to try and control different area's of our world and our life. As we can see the peril the world is in our control starts to be visualized.

We have the few manipulating the masses. They want us to believe they are in control, but we all know better. We play their game because it seems better than the alternative. So maybe it is not being in control that we are afraid of. Maybe it is Peace that we are truly afraid of, since there seems to be none of that lately.

S&F.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think my signature states the way I think and feel on this subject

Great thread OP...Thanks.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
My greatest philosophical fear is that human kind is just a cosmic accident, meaning nothing, pointless and ugly.

Personally...going back to drinking and using.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I would say being alone and having no one is my greatest fear.

ButI have a fear that is about equal to that. It would be.....anything that has a stinger on the end of its ass...or anywhere else for that matter...I am so afraid of things that can sting me...eh

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Don't worry whaaa. You are one of 10 billion mites traveling on a cinder through the vastness of infinite space.

But one of my favorite mites.

I don't miss my professional drinking days either. (my sig)

[edit on 5-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Being average. I can't stand the thought of it.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by igotheshiats]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My greatest fear is failing to achieve my overall goals.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A very good question, one that got me thinking anyway. I suppose my current, day to day fear is that I would lose my daughter, I just couldn't continue on in those circumstances, but as your op refers to the concept of what would be your greatest fear at the end of your life, I would have to agree with many here and say regret that perhaps I have not fulfilled my potential.

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread today, as it has made me think about various decisions that I am in the process of making this now, in terms of not necessarily taking the "safest/easiest" option but rather to make decisions based on my hopes and dreams, so that at least at the end, I know that I did something rather than giving in to the fear of the unknown and doing nothing, as the latter would cause me much regret in later years.

But I also have to agree with a number of other posters - clowns - Arrghh!! (shivers

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Murderers.
Rats, bats, and monkeys.
Cancer.
Brain turns to mush. (What is that?)
Rust.
Car tires, gasoline, and other things that explode.
Liars.
Tornados.
Sharks.

Not necessarily in that order.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
What is your greatest FEAR?

Condition Black

This guy will scare you. Listen to him talk about Condition Black.

www.closecombattraining.com...

I didnt buy the product and dont have any knowledge
of it.

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds,
the pessimist FEARS that he is right. -Cabell

[edit on 5-4-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I dont have regrets. If i do a bad choice i deal with it but never feel guilty or have regrets.

What could i fear the most? To see humans spread across the universe and do to others planets what they did to earth. Fortunaly it wont happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My greatest fear is not being able to achieve my goals/dreams before I die.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
my greatest fear is fear itself. fear that people will be too afraid to change this world, too afraid to stand up for their rights, too afraid to do anything real.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

i fear that the world will continue on with its greed, corruption, maiming, and killing, without proper concern for the less fortunate.

i fear that retribution will be a long time coming, even more than the actual retribution which will devastate the world and vast majority of its peoples. i am waiting.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

you are explaining to me that my sentence structure is wrong because of grammar so it says clearly how you understood fully what i wrote

it is an equation i write more easily that way
i hate making sentence about sunshine and adding words of nonsense

look to me my sentence is grammatically perfect because grammar source is logic and my sentences are of logics itself

so as what is of its source is the perfect thing reality then my sentence are prefect reality of grammar

whatever it sounds wrong to your ears and english teachers they are correct to me and i like them that way
that is how there is never any translation i do, it is simply about my own formulation of thoughts
i never see sentences in my head i structure all alone that is why it is always looking miserable but i like it and i know why

my humility is because of truth, not like you may understand it as if i am because of a true ego result
no it is really true humility in the sense of loving truth life reality enough to love being nothing and feeling comfortable the most through in relating truth sense reality with that has nothing to do with truth nor me

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientfuturist
My greatest fear is business as usual.

"...For doubt and secrecy are the lure of lures, and no new horror can be more terrible than the daily torture of the commonplace."
- H. P. Lovecraft, "Ex Oblivione"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join