It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your greatest 'fear'?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I would say my greatest fear would be being stuck working my life away at a dead end job and not being able to do anything about it or live up to my potential and do some good in the world.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

Dude your more likely to die in a fire from the toxic fumes from the plastic crap you horde than burning alive so i'd have no worries if i was you.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
My biggest fear is speaking my mind in front of a large crowd.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
One fear I have is that I'm partially mentally insane and I'm really in a coma lying on a hospital bed somewhere and that I created everything I see in this reality. Mere thoughts I focus on could become reality rather fast. Either that or I could be psychic but how would I know the difference?

One more fear assuming the first one is nothing to worry about is that I never meet up with someone that I want to spend the rest of my life with and visa versa for whomever that may be.

One small fear I have is that I'm really living in two different realities. The physical reality that everyone sees and feels here and an ethereal one. However I don't see and hear the ethereal one. I may be only to touch and be touched in that realm. There could be flying insects that could land on my legs in the ethereal realm in addition to spirits of people. At least I could swat away the ethereal insects. I'm probably going to give someone a nightmare thinking about ethereal insects.

Another fear is that I tend to combine a very good imagination with being a bit paranoid and can make an ant hill appear to be a major disruption in the Earth's crust that could threaten life as we know it unless something is done. Then I won't do anything to stop this threat but wonder when it will all end. I believe there are others here on ATS that do the same thing.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
My biggest fear is that everything that we do, all our actions, is somehow perminantly stored somewhere.

Hopefully, in a million years, the human race is nothing but a rumour. That we are all forgotten and everything we did was pointless.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm with you OldThinker: regrets - and I guess as an extension regrets of failure. Of not having made myself feel significant in the global scheme of things.

Being lowered into the hole, unwept, and and unloved, is perhaps the most terrible way to go out.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

My greatest fear is to be stabbed in the stomach and thrown off a cliff, before I have died. This is because I was once stabbed in the stomach and also, another time, thrown off a cliff. Previous life times can make a current life time hell. Know what I mean?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
my bigst fear is someonlike yourself or anybody finding out what im afraid of lol jk-peace

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
On a personal level (i.e. not some sort of global disaster) I'd probably have to go with some sort of incapacitating physical condition, particularly anything affecting my brain. Paralyzed legs/arms, dementia, blindness, that sort of thing. Injuries like that affect every aspect of daily life.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm afraid of feeling fear.

the other fears I had went away finally. I used to be afraid of loneliness, now I'm lonely because I want. I was afraid of spiders, started to feel a little love for those creatures because everyone seems to fear them. I was afraid of greys but ATSers got ride of it with their avatars. I used to be afraid of dark, now I love it. I want more nights that days because I become more active by this time.
All my fers seemed to had a cure. Fear of death? nah... this song says everything (The Spirit Carries On by Dream Theater). Just the chorus for an example:

If I die tomorrow
I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone
The spirit carries on

The same goeswith disability and well, death itself.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
My greatest fear is dying without having a positive effect on the people I have known in my life.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Living a life of repetitive boredom.
Not being able to protect family and friends.

Death, afterlife etc. I do not fear.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
My fear is heights........

Do not understand why as I have not fallen from any height in my life?

Strange how some things in life affect you!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Another one of my fears is that someone will post a Doomsday Prediction on ATS and it comes true, For Once..

Just Kididng, or am I?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lyon45

my greatest fear is to be forced to realize that there is no superior true then me, it cannot be i am true because truth is alive so it is hell then

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Not my greatest fear, but to be homeless. Also being buried alive.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Quicksand.(metaphor)

Yup, Slowly sinking into whatever it may be with no possible route of escape, Being completely helpless.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
My fear is the loss of free will that the majority of this planet become unthinking sheep and slaves controlled by media,religious and government lies,that the prison planet becomes absolute and that people with independant thought and lateral thinking like me become freaks marginalised,ostricised even hunted with the full support of the masses,

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
That moment when you realise you are being stalked by some unknown horror, being trapped by it not knowing which way to turn. The second before you know you are going to be face to face with it and there is nothing you can do about it!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

you are such trapped by your illusions will for what you dont want to face yourself alone by meaning that your life is what you are supported to do so never by yourself being true

otherwise you would know that you cant face horror, horror dont exist by itself to have any face reality as you, so it is simply manipulations abusing your weakness to see powerful livings behind their realisations
that mean to get from you what they want by puting in you in most horrible conditions so you would not have a sencond for yourself to get it all to them

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join