It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The effects of seeing nudity and sex and hearing profanity. (T.V. related)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
How would much of America behave if nudity and sex and profanity were just up and allowed on national T.V. for 2012 and hence?

Now how young were you when you saw nudity and sex on cable or video or at the movies? O, and heard profanity on cable or video or at the movies?

Did those things alter your behavor? And how do you think you turned out afterward now that you're all grown up?

The way I see it, they might as well allow those things to come on national T.V. uncensored. Why? Since everybody is going to come across those things anyway, and America may need to get off a little more to alievate stress and be healthy. Do any of you believe there is anything wrong with people getting aroused or people getting off to what they may see on a screen?

As for the childrens sake someone might argue... I will say this, haven't kids seen plenty of violent content come on T.V.? Then tell me how are they turning out from that? Does entertainment really alter a kids behavor? Entertainment programming is not educational programming. But what about when a program on T.V. doesn't show a sex scene but leads you to buy that sex did infact happen? How do kids behave that have come across that type of clever way of writing a sex scene? When you were young, and came across such, how did you behave afterward? Hmm. I think you see my point how nothing bad comes of some young person seeing nudity or sex on a screen. As for kids hearing profanity... I'm sure certain of you who have kids have taken your kids to see a movie that had profanity in it. Tell me, how have your kids turned out afterwards to hearing profanity via entertainment? Or, what about you when you were young... Did your parents take you to see movies that had profanity in their content? How do you find you turned out? Everyone will know every cuss word and curse word, so might as well allow further expression detail, such as profanity, onto national T.V. When I say national T.V. I'm meaning regular T.V. Hell, even certain cable channels, since certain cable channels also do not seem to allow nudity and sex and profanity. Sometimes I don't get why they are even cable T.V. channels since people are paying for the cable T.V. Hell, I don't even get why certain cable channels even have commercials coming on them since, again, people are paying for the cable T.V. Like what's up with that?
In the end of the day, it's like, so what if your kid or some kid does or doesn't get aroused in the privacy of their pants. What are certain of you doing caring about what goes on in a kid's pants?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I love these threads. This type of knowledge should be suppressed from the lower classes i agree. Most of the population gets to worked up over these types of things and add in alcohol and its a powder keg. Control is important to keep people in line and content such as this causes people to act off of their base emotions meaning they go out of control. We can see this with protests, where people stop being productive and hold up signs that noone cares about except them. If I am at a restaurant who is going to bus my table? Fill my tank with gas or drive the other 9-5 zombies to work on the bus? this type of material should be restricted as much as possible to prevent this type of behavior.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I am only 22 years old and watching TV makes me sick.

I don't find a problem with nudity - I think it's um... natural. I don't mind profanity - just flavored words to get your point across... Sex? Also a natural thing, but with the way people are nowadays, sex is more like a violent and perverted behavior acted out by enraged animals...lol

The problem is the SUBJECT MATTER!!! If there was a love making scene between a couple in love that wasn't too XXX I think it would be A LOT BETTER than the crap they have on MTV and VH1 now - seriously! There are no values, there are no morals, there is no intelligence, there is no creativity - there is NOTHING on TV nowadays for younger generations to advance themselves.

This disgusting propaganda most definitely effects the youth. I have 3 younger brothers and sisters and I have watched the generations get worse and worse and worse... I thought it was bad when I was a young little trouble maker but WOW now it is unbelievable. (And trust me - I was pretty bad in my teen years- I was locked up in country jail already 6 times by the time I was 18!!)

If the world keeps on going like this, I am 100% convinced society as it is now will not be around longer than a couple more years.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have no idea about American TV. How is a film like "Goodfellas" rendered on TV in America, or in the cinemas at the time for that matter.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Some kids will mimic what they see..others will not.
If made taboo..some will seek out what they are curious about..others will not.
No matter what you do...it will happen, and you cannot stop it.
Besides..TV and movies, are all going to the net..good luck regulating that.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Good thread. In a Christian country all things related to sex, nudity or bodily functions needs to be strictly regulated if not outright banned.

Also nudity of animals needs to be Stopped for the sake of our youth and children. The sight of the privates of a Bull or Mule could scar impressionable minds for life. My recommendation is for the farmer to either erect high fences along the road or T shirts and diapers for the animals.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Also nudity of animals needs to be Stopped for the sake of our youth and children. The sight of the privates of a Bull or Mule could scar impressionable minds for life. My recommendation is for the farmer to either erect high fences along the road or T shirts and diapers for the animals.

I've read this paragraph over a few times but I'm still not sure if you're being serious or not. Either way...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

I've read this paragraph over a few times but I'm still not sure if you're being serious or not. Either way...

Was my pimping for a nice line of clothes for animals to transparent?

I see dogs in little sweaters all the time. Barnyard animals are getting jealous and would also like to engage in the glorious world of fashion; As well they should and join the Biblical throngs as in "cover thy nakedness"

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i think censorship does matter when it comes to america. we're a cluster**** of too many different norms and lifestyles.

i actually think their should be a little bit more censorship when it comes to music though. it's known that rap music does negate a persons morality and ethics; which i've been doing research on for awhile now. while it isn't 'music' thats creating negative effects, the connections one would have to the culture (real or imagined) do increase exponentially.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What the "Get off my lawn!"-geezer might say: "Damn kids nowadays are bad enough, a buncha hooligans! Put that crap on TV and we'd have an outright feral frenzy!"

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I agree that rap music (as well as other types of music) can effect you dramatically.

Even after I stopped getting into all my trouble and started going to college and becoming successful, whenever I would listen to rap music, I would get into the same mindset and I would start thinking like I used to, wanting to go out and drink, get more aggressive, etc. Even though I ignored this influence and would deny it, my boyfriend (now fiance) knew it effected me and hated it.

Thank God I started meditating! I have changed so much since then - now I can't stand any kind of rap! I can't stand violence either, so most movies I used to like do not appeal to me anymore. Actually, I can't really stand most forms of modern socially-acceptable entertainment now...

I guess I'm just an old fart now! lol

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Good thread. In a Christian country all things related to sex, nudity or bodily functions needs to be strictly regulated if not outright banned.

What Christian country?

top topics

join