It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.2- BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO 2010 April 04 22:40:39 UTC

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I felt it here on the 30th floor of the monte carlo here in LV..the building swayed and I got a real bad case of vertigo for what seemed to be over a minute or so.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by vee4dfw]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a bunch of people have felt it here in tucson, az. such a strange sensation! it took me a minute to figure out what the heck just happen. my chihuahua jumped up and gave me the crazy eyes as it was happening. i was sitting on my bed, doing homework, and all of a sudden it felt like i was swaying back and forth, like on a boat. lasted about 30 seconds. i got a bit nauseous too.

as someone else mentioned before, i too had become very irritable this afternoon, which is odd because i've been in a very good mood the last few days. And there was nothing that i could attribute it to. besides that i did not notice anything strange.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just want to say thank you to all our members in the areas who have came on to give us there personal stories of what they have felt or seen today,

Please make sure you are ready is case of anything else,

[edit on 4-4-2010 by asala]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I live in the Imperial Valley and this quake was strong. Not that much damage structurally speaking to my house but some plates and glasses from my kitchen broke. First it went up and down then side to side.

Wierd thing is the 20 minutes before the earth quake, two F/A-18 flew from SE to NW over the town of Holtville very low to the ground about 700-1000ft, (really not sure) size of plane comparable to open hand overhead. Then 2 min after the first 2, either the same planes passed by or there were two other different planes, flew by again at what seemed to be full power. Just wondering if you guys had any report to that. Very unusual. F/A -18 usually pass at 5000ft to the nearby base. NAF EL Centro

[edit on 4-4-2010 by dannikilla13]

[edit on 4-4-2010 by dannikilla13]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
way too many earthquakes, floods, bad storms compare to other years.......

maybe the Mayans were off by two years

Nah, this is just getting started.

The consciousness shift is 12/21/2012, but the earth herself has a lot to shed before she's able to shift to the 5th dimension.

The beginning of the end - or, just a new beginning.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Are they tuning their HAARP weather machine to aim at a certain state? If so they're pretty much sure of where to aim now?

Ofcourse this is a whole conspiracy in itself.

If as posted abo\/e somewhere they wanted to separate California is it because it has become a liability in gay marriages, legal weed, foreign go\/ernor etc and the PTB don't want to ha\/e to deal with it later?

Of course ignoring completely the Andreas fault line for a second, but that would certainly be a con\/enient excuse.

Just some crazy midnight ramblings.
Xadaz.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Local officials in Mexico are expected to make a statement soon, hopefuly there will be some news on the epicenter and if the people are ok there,

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

The consciousness shift is 12/21/2012, but the earth herself has a lot to shed before she's able to shift to the 5th dimension.

Odd. So the Earth sheds it's crust so our perception of reality will change?

Care to link me to a thread that explains this? It doesn't make much sense to me, but that's why I am open to learn.

Also feel free to U2U me and explain it, if you don't wanna take the thread off topic.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by blujay

Odd. So the Earth sheds it's crust so our perception of reality will change?

Care to link me to a thread that explains this? It doesn't make much sense to me, but that's why I am open to learn.

And we are skipping a dimension as well lol

Anyone checked out the RSOE site and seen the amount of near Earth objects that have appeared in the list? wonder if this has any play on recent activity around the Earth?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
USGS says NorCal quake unrelated to Baja quake
The Associated Press
Posted: 04/04/2010 06:03:16 PM PDT
Updated: 04/04/2010 06:03:16 PM PDT

SAN FRANCISCO—A geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Survey says an earthquake recorded in Northern California Sunday afternoon was not related to a quake that hit south of the U.S.-Mexico border earlier in the day.
The U.S.G.S. says the Northern California quake, with a magnitude of 4.0, hit about 25 miles north of Santa Rosa at 3:49 p.m.

Geophysicist Rafael Abreu described the Northern California quake as "typical seismic behavior" for the area.

A dispatcher with the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department, located in a dispatch center in Santa Rosa, said he did not feel the quake.

The dispatcher said the department had not received any calls for service after the quake.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
News of the first death

One dead, several injured after the 7.2-magnitude earthquake near Mexicali -- CNN

No idea where this death occurred as of yet.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

We do have a quake watch thread 2010:

check it out

Anyone else think this is just a preview of the coming attraction?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Out of place and odd for having a quake in Southern California? hahahahaha...... No. There is NO conspiracy here people. It's Southern California, we have quakes all the time. Northridge was just our last real rocker. At least ever summer we have at least a 5.0+. But whoever from Carlsbad said it's out of place is a FOOL. Sorry to attack but that was a dumb statement.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Over 34 quakes and aftershocks since that big one...the area is really alive right now! earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theinfernal
USGS says NorCal quake unrelated to Baja quake
The Associated Press

Ok, that is really weird.

Having so many faults in a small area really complicates this.

Thanks for the update!!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by inlandempire88
Out of place and odd for having a quake in Southern California? hahahahaha...... No. There is NO conspiracy here people. It's Southern California, we have quakes all the time. Northridge was just our last real rocker. At least ever summer we have at least a 5.0+. But whoever from Carlsbad said it's out of place is a FOOL. Sorry to attack but that was a dumb statement.

Yeah its so dumb because Carlsbad is in NEW MEXICO and NOT Southern California?

Who is the fool now?

The point was that feeling a quake in New Mexico = odd and out of place. This was in REFERENCE to the quake earlier in the week there that was like a 4.6 or something...

You took things way out of context.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Strangely, my parents said their house shook, while mine did not and its less than two miles away.

Last night I heard the loudest strangest noise I have ever heard in my life, it occurred around 4 am, and I cannot even begin to explain it.

It sounded kind of like metal bring dragged on cement, but only if the metal object was the size of a cruise ship.

Could it have been coming from the ground itself?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It doesnt matter if you're a conspiracy theorist or not, no one can deny that earthquakes are coming more frequently and more severely as of late.

Please make sure you guys are prepared for a disaster, there is nothing wrong with being prepared. Paranoia is a different thing....

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
Weird. All the dogs in my neighborhood were barking for a few hours. But I am in Seattle. Wonder if animals could tell from this far away.

I just read on Yahoo a comment from someone who said her roommate's cat started meowing 10 seconds before it happened. Animals must be pretty cluey.

[edit on 4/4/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
News of the first death

One dead, several injured after the 7.2-magnitude earthquake near Mexicali -- CNN

No idea where this death occurred as of yet.

Well that's a shame. I was starting to feel that we cheated the odds. My heart goes out to the family. Great work everybody. Thanks this is better than CNN.

Keep up the great work.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join