It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Visits Venezuela

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) - Russia has agreed to help Venezuela draw up plans for a nuclear power plant, President Hugo Chavez said Friday.

Atomic energy was one of many areas of cooperation discussed as Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin made his first visit to the South American country.

"We're ready to start drawing up the first plan of a nuclear power plant, obviously with peaceful aims," Chavez said.

Source

Nuclear power? Depending on your views, this could be bad. I'm sure Fox News will have a blast with this one if it even makes it that far into the MSM.

Funny though, this is a snippet from another source:

MOSCOW (UPI) - Russian President Vladimir Putin and leftist Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez declared Monday that they would form a strategic alliance against U.S. dominance as the world's only superpower.
Putin and Chavez, who had extensive talks, discovered that they had much in common. Chavez declared to the media that they were now "good friends."

Both men issued a joint declaration condemning uni-polarity, as U.S. domination of international affairs has been called, and calling for an end of the U.S. trade embargo against Cuba.

Source

Two different tones and vibes coming from some...so we'll see how this one goes.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I am not surprised that this is happening at all. The US Government has taken its eye of of its 'backyard' and played around in areas it has no historial interest in. I saw this one coming a mile off.

join