It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tent cities in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Thats what they get fer being lazy

God Bless America!

I have come to realise that your posts are a reflection of you and they used to make me mad but now I feel kinda sorry for you. I bet you are either a very young man 14-16 or so or a older man that did not have a good father to set you straight. At the end of the day you have no respect and are full of anger and it shows in your posts. I feel sorry for whoever has to be around you and I am sure that as time goes on that will be less and less people.

I bet this post will get pulled but I hope you get to read it first. And it has nothing to do with wanting you to be a better person I just want you to feel like you make so many others feel day in and day out. I wish your parents had been better role models for you. And I feel sorry for any kids you have.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have never been on welfare so I can't say for certain, but arn't they like unemployment? After so long if you havn't found a job you lose benefits?

It is is even more difficult for tent cities in a colder climate. Imagine living in a tent in the middle of a snow storm/blizzard? In many places, homeless shelters are filled to capicity. It is sad and getting worse.
This is one reason I was against amnesty for illegals. With millions of people unemployed and companies hiring illegals for cheap wages, many citizens are falling through the cracks.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It's sad to what our country has become. The only reason I'm not in a tent right now is that Im fortunate enough to have part time work mowing the interstate system. I was a Carpenter for 20 years before the housing CRASH.

I wonder if the country will ever be the same again. This video was sent to me and it is a new song about the economy and the Spirit of Americans, even in these troublesome times..

I cant embed it but here is the link
content.bornagainamerican.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Kennylee, here's your video.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Night Star]

WTH?
Sorry, I don't usually have problems. Tried to help you out, but I give up. LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Whats sad is all these people are looking for jobs and are too proud for a handout. Yet, at my place of employment we get applications all the time but the people are requesting like 30 bucks and hour for a minimum wage position.

I never understood why till a friend clued me in that to stay on certain benefits people have to show that they are applying and just not getting the jobs. Then it all made sence to me, they just want the assistance.

Its so sad when these people just want a job and cant get it while these other people I'm talking about are probably not living in a tent.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
If they would have worked harder and not bought a house they would not be trespassing.

I hope someone gets in there with some fire and dogs to disperse the vermin immediately.

The first line i don't understand, maybe you like to explain.

The second line seems a little rude and without respect.
But would you care to illustrate why you think these people are dogs and vermin?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I'm sorry, but anybody on this site could someday end up in one of these places. you are not immune to economic turmoil. These people aren't drug addicts Some of these People have Jobs, they lost their homes. Most of them probably worked hard all their lives, and lost everything. I know we aren't suppose to get to worked up, about stuff when somebody is obviously just saying non sense to pick a fight. I really hope your not serious and just have a ultra dry sense of humor.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Janky is just pretending to sound like a conservative. Doing a damn good job too.

We need a sarcasm face. Sometimes I use this one

Topic...a friend of mine just lost his house and is now sleeping in my van. The homeless problem is going to get much worse before it gets better.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm a conservative, and I don't know any conservatives who would even joke about something like that. This transcends political beliefs.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
reply to post by whaaa

I'm a conservative, and I don't know any conservatives who would even joke about something like that. This transcends political beliefs.

I know plenty of conservatives that blame any hardship anyone may face on being lazy and unmotivated and just looking for a hand out. Many of the people I just described are on ATS. Keep up!!

Should I post up the Tea Party people on youtube throwing money at a paraplegic and mocking him?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Then They are stupid conservatives, Just like their are stupid Liberals. but that is neither here nor there. The real reason that most of us are here is because we think the Government is screwing us over. we just think they are screwing us over for different reason.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I agree with this post. The homeless should be put in camps but primarily transferred to a central location so they can be monitored. Most people hate Idaho, and for good reasons, so why not put them all there? With the middle class almost gone its only a matter of time before they try to rise up. When they do they will be crushed quite easily due to the overwhelming force of freedom.

To protect them might I say we should not only move them to Idaho but give them the chance for an education so they can become productive again like real americans who have jobs. Idaho could also serve as a place to train them in how to become more american, teaching them the skills needed to compete in the workplace.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The real shame with this entire post, is that people don't realize that many people, when the economy tanked, pretty much tried to get employment, and the jobs are not there, or there are so many applicants for every job, that it is a hopeless situation. People who end up in a tent city right now, I would say did not think that they would end up there. I was raised with the belief that chairty starts at home and that it is a hard thing to swallow to ask for a handout, or assistence. Pride is what is killing people these days, cause the number of people who could qualify for the assistence are growing and more people are swallowing their pride to take that assistence. But that system is biased, most of the people you see are white males and there is only a limited amount of assistence they qualify for. When the economy tanked, it hit hard, and everyone. Most people probably made their monthly bills, and saved. But what do you do if you go through your savings? What do you tell the banks who are not willing to renegotiate on the mortagage on a house? And many large banks just sat on the money. So you have people who just tightened their belts, sold everything they had of value and moved into the tent cities. So now there is a problem as those tent cities are growing in size and the local governments have just as much of a responsiblity to protect those people as they do everyone else. And unfortunately people still live with pride and tend to go into a not in my back yard mentality. They would agree that there is a problem, but fail to realize that it takes one person to do the correct thing to help out. And the lack of compassion viewed on the responses here is also kind of disturbing, and I hope that if you are ever in that situation, you encounter people who are more compassionate than what was written here. These people who are down, are not without skills, just an outlet for those skills, and those assisting needs to realize that it is discouraging when you put in over 1000 applications for employment and get no where real quick.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Poor souls. My heart goes out to them. I hope they are able to find a way to navigate the changing times ahead. I don't think that our oil-powered economy is going to keep chugging along too much longer and more and more people will be forced into these types of situations. I am currently on unemployment and looking for a job, but I don't have any illusions about my chances of getting one before they pull the plug on extensions.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

Another thing, it stated that they had nowhere to cook their food and things like that. The fire risk is probably insane and with everyone so cramped together, it could be a very dangerous situation. If one of these places was burned down and someone died I have no doubt they would be made to disperse which would probably cause even more problems. Bad situation all around.

This is a manageable problem. Dedicate several tent sites for a communal cooking area, and make sure it is a dry, open area with fire control measures and personnel. It's much easier to manage one dedicated site than dozens of smaller sites.

To EVERYONE:

Please don't feed the trolls like Janky Red. It's obvious what he wants - negative attention. Ignore him and he will go away.

The homeless problem is much more widespread than it is realized. Even my small ( approx 100k people ) has small tent cities down near the river. There is so much we can do to help them. Even a small gesture of kindness means a lot to these folks. Do what you can and you will advance humanity.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The more the tent cities spring up,the more signs of hyperinflation

Hyperinflation nation is pretty good but some of the guys seen are in the MSM

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hi,
I cannot see how anyone can say we are in a recession?
This is without a doubt a recession!
Why is our government allowing this to take place, knowing that they are the ones who contributed GREATLY to the current economic situation?
Homes are vacant, siting there, why can these people not be allowed to stay in their homes and/or shelters could be supplied by some of these large empty homes?
Things, other OPTIONS could be found to help, but NO, the government wants to buy up these foreclosed homes for pennies and make money later from all of these peoples misfortune.
It makes me ill.
What are we doing to our own citizens? to our own children?
People want to work, but there are NO jobs, downsizing and layoffs are happening constantly.
Anyone, ANYONE of us could be next!
This insanity has got to stop!
I went through a bad patch last year and held on by a thread! Barley making rent, thank goodness I have a caring and compassionate landlord. As I have heard that many others do too.
I am glad I am renting and sold my home years ago, when I had a bad feeling about how things were progressing.
I would recommend that you all take precautions!
If you do not have to own anything, get rid of it, if you can: ONLY use CASH and only buy what you REALLY need.
I have to say that this is a learning lesson, a wake up call to all of us; the government has been manipulating us since the 1950's, selling us, you need two cars, you need a house, you need a Plasma TV etc.., and we fell for it hook line and sinker and now, well, here we are!
Get rid of what you can, get out from under their control!

Sorry, I am ranting, this just drives me to the EDGE!
Amy

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_Alex

Mr. Alex

Your videos aren't displaying. Either paste the url or use the yvid tags.

When using yvid tags, only insert the characters that are after the v=, and before the &. Nothing else.

Here is your first video:

Do a "quote" function on this reply and see how it is done correctly.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Is the global economy getting close to hyperinflation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join