It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAfrican white supremacists: Slaying was 'war'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Followers of one of South Africa's most notorious white supremacists cast his death as a rallying point for their cause Sunday, with one top member claiming his brutal death was "a declaration of war" by blacks against whites.

Eugene Terreblanche's supporters blamed his slaying on a ruling party official's performances of an apartheid-era song that advocates killing white farmers. Police, however, say it appeared to be a wage dispute that led two of Terreblanche's farm workers to bludgeon him in his bed Saturday.

South African officials are trying to ward off any rise in racial tensions 10 weeks before their country of about 50 million enters the global spotlight as host of soccer's World Cup. President Jacob Zuma appealed for calm following "this terrible deed" and asked South Africans "not to allow agent provocateurs to take advantage of this situation by inciting or fueling racial hatred."

So it looks like serious racial tensions are growing in South Africa. This is definitly not a good thing that is occuring.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

No it's a terrible thing. Nobody can judge what happened in the early 1990s, when APLA massacred civilians in attacks like the St. James Church attack, or the Amrican exchange student Amy Biehl was stoned and beaten to death by PAC members. Nevertheless, whites voted for De Klerk's reforms and his dismantling of apartheid in a landslide referendum.

Now we have an atmosphere where the ANC play the race card to deflect from their own theft and corruption, and they'd rather have the disgruntled masses with their violent protests for service delivery at white throats, rather than at their own. Terr'blance did assault two blacks, neither of whom were mutilated or died, but he served his deserved jail time. Since then his marginal public political activities have all been within the confines of our constitution, and he claimed to have become a reborn Christian. Even the blacks had little issue with him, and he was half-fondly regarded as an eccentric and a national joke.

Then came Malema, the youth leader of the ANC and his "kill the Boer" song, in a context where white farmers seemed a special target group for violent attcks and sadistic slaughter. Many feel that Malema is some kind of stooge or agent provocateur. He seems to say what the official leadership of the ANC cannot say in public. Before this murder he went to the safety of Zimbabwe, where he continues to sing hate-speech songs and has committed himself to Zim-style land grabs and nationalization.

The threads on SA are coming fast, and I already gave lengthy comments elsewhere. However, I doubt the official story of a wage dispute. We have some of the most liberal and efficient labor laws and courts in the world. It is also unheard of that attackers phone the cops to collect them after a farm murder. This is a political hit. Furthermore, they directly incited a group of right-wing whites with a history of violence, and yes, I think it's meant to provoke violence and civil war.
I hope it doesn't.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You'll all know i've posted tons on this already on the other SA threads.

Despite my rosy outlook on SA (which I will maintain throughout this drama) I have to agree the whole story stinks a bit.

A) It is highly irregular for this kind of confession to happen after a murder, especially after a petty wage dispute, unless the killers reckon they are safer with the cops.
B) The government's official stance is a lot more detached than usual. Keeping the politicians from interfering with the cops is usually an ongoing battle.
C) Zuma's silence towards Malema could be construed as consent.
D) It's starting to look like Malema has been on Mugabe's payroll for a while now, and his trip to Zim just makes him look stupid or guilty.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by da_ruse]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, this is just sad. When they go and start killing these innocent people just based on the color of their skin and they see that their blood is the same shade of red as theirs maybe one of them will realize what horrible human beings they are for once.

I wonder if any of them who get hurt fighting in their 'war' will refuse a life saving blood transfusion if I tell them it was from a black person, and I would tell them it was from a black person.

These people make me sick. It's sad when a horrible act of murder garners hardly any pity from people. You know your doing something wrong if being chopped up and murdered elicits only a shoulder shrug by most people accompanied by 'oh well'.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
No one likes to look at the cold hard politically incorrect truth. When you put blacks in control the country will fall apart. Only a very small margin of them are leaders. Look at the rest of the countries in this world that are run by blacks it is the same thing over and over again. WHY?
I dont know to tell you the truth but something is definitely wrong.

South Africa is a perfect example. If you put the whites back in control again the country would be fine in 5 years. But mark my words if it stays the same you will not be able to live there in 5 years if you are white. Blacks cannot lead. Why? I dont know.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I don't think its cause they're black, I think it's more so the people willing to get up in other peoples faces, kill the leaders to overthrown them are just not that great of people. They can fight they're way to the top but have no skill to maintain it. I wholeheartedly believe that Martin Luther King could lead, better then many of his lighter peers by far.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

No one likes to look at the cold hard politically incorrect truth. When you put blacks in control the country will fall apart. Only a very small margin of them are leaders. Look at the rest of the countries in this world that are run by blacks it is the same thing over and over again. WHY?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Take off the white power cap hero.

What time is the Klan meeting? 7ish?

And by the way genius....the worlds economies have fallen apart because of rich white people.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Blacks can't lead?

Under a black government we have had 17 years of growth (averaging 3,5% per year), massive investment in the country's infrastructure, extension of services to 45 million people (from a base that was designed to cater for only 5 million whites) 2 million houses build etc.

We got serious challenges yes, but please check your facts!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Like it or not, I think your onto something here.....not saying blacks cannot lead, there are and have been some great black leaders, but when you look at the race card in general it doesnt do them any favours.

Zimbabwe used to be an economically strong country until the blacks thought it was their right to get rid of British rule (and everyone deserves freedom) but look at the mess it has become!

Even thou your arguement about the Global Financial Crisis being orchestrated by whites has "some" merit, the western societies/economies are still functioning strongly, well alot stronger than african nations.

Why is it that African nations cannot get out of the gutter so to speak?

Yes, some will say its because of high interest loans given to them by the world bank and the like, but seriously, if you want to build a nation up you have to start from scratch and cannot rely on hand outs.

South Africa is now one of the most violent nations outside a war zone and I beleive it will get worse....why the media of the world plays down the SA situation beats the hell out of me and I think it has more to do with western media being portrayed as racist if they criticise the black led government. (are there any whites in SA government anymore?)

SA Crime Stats

In 2003, South Africa had 21,553 murders (population 44.6 million). In comparison, the “high crime” United States (population 288.2 million) suffered 16,110 murders in the same year. According to Baldauf, the number of homicides in South Africa dipped to 19,824 in 2004. The US, with 293 million at the time, had 16,150.

The last statistics available, courtesy of the CBS, “showed that between April 2004 and March 2005, 18,793 people were murdered in South Africa, an average of 51 a day in a nation of 47 million.” There were 24,516 attempted murders, 249,369 assaults with grievous injury, and 55,114 reported rapes.

Few know that during the decades of the repressive apartheid regime, only a few hundred Africans perished as a direct result of police brutality. A horrible injustice, indubitably, but nothing approximating the carnage under “free” South Africa, where thousands of Africans perish every few months. (Let us not beat about the bush; crime in South Africa is black on black and black on white.)

Despite the oppressive, undesirable, political aspects of apartheid, law and order was maintained and common criminals were pursued and prosecuted, to the benefit of all.

Sounds like an awesome place to host a World Cup Competition...I feel sorry for any fans flying there to watch the games.....I'd be packing a handgun as soon as I got there

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

It seems to be a problem of white liberals telling blacks what they should be. Everything the left of the ANC is sprouting as "Africanist polemic" is discredited and rubbished Western ideas taken at face value eg. "nationalization". Everyone from religious fundamentalists to AIDS denialists has managed to convince some Africans of their theories, based on the notion that it is anti-colonial and thus good.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

South Africa will become another Zimbabwe as a direct result of unleashing the uneducated majority population on voting rights . I deplore Apartheid the system that has set South Africa on its current course . Had South Africa taken the ship loads of migrants on board in the post war period today it would be closer to Australia then a third world country .

Instead of a gradual hand over to majority rule or power sharing agreements the former colonial powers betrayed the people of Africa to a bunch of dictators out of a new found sense of guilt . Just like the creation of the state of Israel the motivation of guilt does not make for sound policy making .

reply to post by David9176

Below are a few articles that are worth reading .

Story One

Story two

Story Three

Good governance is based on a mixture of western culture and education rather then race . Still the horse has bolted from the stable the damage done by policy blunders I described above cannot be undone .

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
South Africa is a perfect example. If you put the whites back in control again the country would be fine in 5 years. But mark my words if it stays the same you will not be able to live there in 5 years if you are white. Blacks cannot lead. Why? I dont know.

Unlike in Malaysia and Borneo where British and Commonwealth forces were successful at flushing out communist insurgents they were treated as Liberators in Africa a decade later . This policy has born the fruit you see today . It never occurred to anyone that since it took say the UK hundreds of years for the masses to become educated enough to vote that this wouldn't happen over night in Africa .

Cheers xpert11.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by xpert11]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Unlike in Malaysia and Borneo where British and Commonwealth forces were successful at flushing out communist insurgents they were treated as Liberators a decade later . This policy has born the fruit you see today .
It never occurred to anyone that since it took say the UK hundreds of years for the masses to become educated enough to vote that this wouldn't happen over night in Africa .

Cheers xpert11.

Well put. I would hasten to add that in Europe, in the past, various unpopular leaders have been fetched and executed in public by the masses. Then they turn around smilingly and ask whose next. Africa still needs to get there.

The average South African has been utterly law abiding for the last few years. We pay taxes, observe rules and regulations, and generally tryng to get on with life.

The ANC however, has just kept up the presure, higher taxes, more laws. Thay have also stolen much of the tax money, intended for the poor. So the poor are still poor, the middle class are poor too and the rich blacks are blaming the conditions of the poor on the middle class. It's a runaround.

We whites have played the game, handover power, admit wrong, and build a common country together. Blacks and whites on ALL levels have done this. The ANC however, ave taken every single cent they could, from health, education, roads, and military, and bought themselves everything their hearts desired.They've now run out of tax monies. They need more, fast. Take the farms. And the mines, and the businesses. Because while they are seen to be doing something, the crowds will obey them. It's only when the crowds realise that they've been taken, will the violence begin.
THAT violence has already begun, look at Sharpeville burning last month.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

The average South African has been utterly law abiding for the last few years. We pay taxes, observe rules and regulations, and generally tryng to get on with life.

The ANC however, has just kept up the presure, higher taxes, more laws.

We whites have played the game, handover power, admit wrong, and build a common country together. Blacks and whites on ALL levels have done this. The ANC however, ave taken every single cent they could, from health, education, roads, and military, and bought themselves everything their hearts desired.

They've now run out of tax monies. They need more, fast. Take the farms. And the mines, and the businesses. Because while they are seen to be doing something, the crowds will obey them.

My, my, my, aren’t we the injured ones! We made you blacks into a class worse than slaves, we forced you to live in squalid shanty towns, we compelled you to leave your wives and children to work for us for next to nothing, we denied you any so-called rights at all. And now you are acting harshly towards us?

You (whites) created this mess. It was your idea from the beginning. You stole billions of rand from us by denying our just wages for our honest work well delivered. 25 million of us, 3 million of you and about 3 million of mixed. You ruled us all, like it or not.

Now we are acting like you acted: stealing that which is not ours. You expect us to learn in a couple of decades what it took you a couple of centuries to acquire. You now expect us to either forget or to ignore the indignities and actual cruelties you purposely inflicted on us and yet, to hold you in high esteem.

You are still not reconstructed. It’s too late now but perhaps we should have done to you what the North Vietnamese did to South Vietnamese collaborators, put you into a 2 years "reorientation" program! To help you get the right attitude.

From an imaginary black person.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

Originally posted by donwhite
reply to post by harryhaller

My, my, my, aren’t we the injured ones! We made you blacks into a class worse than slaves, we forced you to live in squalid shanty towns, we compelled you to leave your wives and children to work for us for next to nothing, we denied you any so-called rights at all. And now you are acting harshly towards us?

It's over, finished and klaar. TRC, BEE, equal rights, BEE has made a lot of well connected black people not just rich but filthy rich. All well and good I say, if it was honest and if they used those resources and connections to help the undeveloped communities.

You (whites) created this mess. It was your idea from the beginning. You stole billions of rand from us by denying our just wages for our honest work well delivered. 25 million of us, 3 million of you and about 3 million of mixed. You ruled us all, like it or not.

No we did not and no we did not. We, just like everyone else out there are the children of our forebears. We are not responsible for a damn thing that the ANC has either directly caused or excacerbated by it's corruption or negligence. The people who wrote the book on Apartheid were a minority of a minority of a minority. As is so often pointed out on this site, the many can easily be controlled by the few whether we like it or not. And don't come now and say we still bear responsiblity because our relatives either believed it or were not strong enough to not be coerced. Take a look in the mirror buddy you are the very latest fool to fall hook, line and sinker into the same easily manipulated mindset.

Now we are acting like you acted: stealing that which is not ours. You expect us to learn in a couple of decades what it took you a couple of centuries to acquire. You now expect us to either forget or to ignore the indignities and actual cruelties you purposely inflicted on us and yet, to hold you in high esteem.

Stealing is stealing. You are a thief. So much for "just wages for our honest work well delivered." How fairly and well looked after do you think the weak, old, sick, uneducated and poor will be after we adopt a "what you can steal you can keep" attitude.

You are still not reconstructed. It’s too late now but perhaps we should have done to you what the North Vietnamese did to South Vietnamese collaborators, put you into a 2 years "reorientation" program! To help you get the right attitude.

From an imaginary black person.

It never ceases to amaze me how white South Africans are tainted by the stigma of the previos regime. I truly believe that of all white populations on the planet most white South Africans really try the hardest to achieve a trully multi-Ethnic society, yet we are still reviled as the biggest racists.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Love the "imaginary black person".

I came to JHB with my young family about 10 years ago with nothing, except clothes and one or 2 furniture items, like a bed. Like just about every other person in this city of gold dumps, because i couldn't get work anywhere else (the small farm town we were staying in).

I got nothing from my parents, save a government education, we couldn't afford for me to go to university. My attempts to join armed forces were rejected, because they weren't hiring whites. Corporates couldn't hire me because of BEE, only on a "part time" basis.

I got a job doing telesales on commision only, and taken it from there. We have a house (with a bond i'll never pay off), and a TINY car (no really: a chev spark, i call it the lunchbox), and i use a bike, because it's cheaper. More than many i readily admit, but hardly the spoils of generations of slavery as you would suggest. We earned it ourselves, honestly and through hard work.

I've stolen nothing, hurt no-one, but paid the price several times over. (i've been mugged, robbed, assaulted, insulted, threatened, arrested illegally, etc)

What must i do for legitimacy? Go back to england? Or Holland maybe? I wonder if those caves in France are available?

Or maybe do like the Americans, and just kill all the natives? No pesky lawsuits then? Preach to your own kind, thanks.

Personally, i would rather be in a township installing water or electricity for some family, but you know what? I'm not allowed to. They don't want me there.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

When the first whites moved into the interior around the mid-1800's the black tribes were reduced to starvation and cannibalism because of the inter-tribal crushing wars (the Mfecane) started by King Shaka. The refugees either joined the newly founded Sotho kingdom under Mosheshwe (which the British made an independant state of Lesotho, thus starting the "homeland" system), or fled to the coast to the Xhosa people (who kept their tribal lands). The Matabele refugees fled to Zim where they oppressed the Shona, and some Nguni refugees fled as far north as Malawi and the great lakes (from where they all came in the 17th century). The entire black population was around 300, 000 people around 1900. Only under colonialism and apartheid did they increase to 40 million. Who built the biggest hospitals in Africa, who poured millions into the homelands and black development? Yes there were horrible abuses and policies, but we had a growing black middle class by the late 1980s.
The fact is: unlike the US, Canada or Australia we had a growing black population who retain lands and culture to this day. Unlike the liberals from those countries, we never had their genocide, but an increase in native populations, even under the imported mulit-corporation capitalist exploitation and eugenics of apartheid.

Who began the migrant labor system? Local whites? No the British introduced "hut tax" and the 1913 Land Act.
We had full employment and food security until the sanctions began in the 1970s. Even blacks from other African states were dying to come here as migrant labor and often wanted to stay. That doesn't mean apartheid was attractive, but black African rule was even worse for the people.
Then came the cold war and whites were indoctrinated with anti-Marxist crap that came directly from the CIA.
So blame Britain, or the colonial powers, or multinationals that are now being sued by the Khulumani support group for apartheid reperations. Blame Thatcher and Reagan and everyone who voted for them as a part of "constructive engagement". As white South Africans we had little information, and many black factions like Inkatha were anti-ANC, and now we can see why.
Former white conscripts are only talking now about the horror of the CIA's Angolan War where they fought cheek to jowl with the black forces of Savimbi. We might sue soon as well.

They want to blame individual SA remaining whites, but Justice Goldstone is carted around the globe as an expert on peace and reconciliation, but he was a judge who enforced the state of Emergency under PW Botha! Did he ever confess or go to jail? Did the fat cat ministers ever get charged, was the ANC ever held responsible for their Stalag camps like Quatro?
Why did the ANC pay 60 Billion for a corrupt multinational arms deal?
Oh sure, blame the local whites and their tax burden and the racial discrimination we face, never mind the hate speech. We made a peace deal at Codesa and even dismantled our nuclear bombs. In 1992 we voted for the dismantling of apartheid in the last white referendum.

Apartheid was a global conspiracy against the people of South Africa, and soon the US and UK will start paying. Whatever the case, don't you dare judge us, because every colony was run on apartheid lines, and global apartheid persists!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
For whatever reason the bigot white supremacist was murdered, it is well to remember that thing called karma.

Eugene Terreblanche was nothing more than a racist bully who thought that the 'white' race was better than everyone else and had no issue with inflicting violence on others. He did eventually become seen as nothing but a moron to most.

Is it really such a huge issue that the people who murdered him were black?

Is not a bigger issue that the members of his party, the AWB, vowed to avenge his death?

If that is not a clear as daylight sign that certain whites want to now inflict violence on blacks for the killing of their leader, then I must be reading too much into nothing.

AWB members are blaming Julius Malema. Based on what grounds? The two men who allegedly killed Terreblance said nothing about Malema or the ANC, it is supposedly about wage negotiations which I might not believe either, but it is reckless to lay the blame of a murder solely on one person and that person's own stupid actions but which are independent of this partcular incident.

Everybody in this country, including the ruling party, are trying their best to reduce the racial tension in this country. The only ones on record as doing the polar opposite are AWB members, Terreblanche's sycophants.

Until the truth comes out about the murder and what the motive behind it was, all anyone can do is to speculate. There are no concrete facts about Terreblanche's murder.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I don't know what exact ratio existed between terrorists/dictators and the Nationalists who wanted a decent future for there country . The problem was that a lot of of the Nationalists naively backed the wrong the horses which turned out to be the likes of Mugabe . The fact that Australia and New Zealand used military forces to try and prop up the corrupt government of South Vietnam all the while terrorists ran amok in Rhodesia and dictators trashed that country's neighbors does not make for a pretty picture . The break up of the Central African Federation showed that the up and coming crop of leaders did not care for such things as economic prosperity .

IMO people rightfully don't care about the fact that some Mugabe wannabe got his just deserts and in the process they overlook the fact that the seeds are being planted for future land seizes and atrocity's .

top topics

join