It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple See Bright "Computer Slash" Object Hovering in Sky. Photos Taken.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
www.ufosnw.com...

Quote from source:
Date of Sighting: March 16, 2010
Time of Sighting: 6:30 to 8 PM EDT
Location of Sighting: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Description: I took these photos of this object hovering by a new building that was recently built in the downtown core of Toronto, Canada. I have been debating weather or not to send them to someone. After seeing the report from the woman from Florida I believe it is the same thing she saw. I almost fell over when I saw the sketches on your site today. I was on my balcony 22 floors up when I saw the object at about 6:30 PM. As it got darker out I could tell this was really something. So my friend and I took pictures of it. The pictures were taken at about 7 PM and were taken with a Nikon D-40 with a zoom lens 55-200. The object stayed for about an hour and a half. We did not see it move or leave. As we had things to get done and were too busy to watch this thing forever.

Please post these pictures wherever you can. I don't know what else to do with them. I hope they give the lady in Florida some assurance of what she saw. However, it might not even be the same things, but the sketches were too familiar for me not to say anything. I have seven pictures in total. ...u can only upload two through your web form so if anybody wants more, I will be happy to send them.

Note: The witness is comparing the sighting and photo to the report received from Port Charlotte, Florida on March 20, 2010. The photograph does resemble the description provided by the Florida witness. It is important to note that this photo is likely not due to a camera anomaly because the witnesses saw the object that they photographed. However, it is possible that the witnesses saw something that could be due to a reflection. The witness has sent additional photos of the object. Updates will be posted as time permits.

Cool little object in the photograph. Definitely do not think it looks like anything we can do, to me it looks like a UFO. I wish there were more pictures as then we could have some way of knowing how it moves.

I think it is an awesome picture with no explainations...let see what others can make of it.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Iridium satellite / space station flare??

Where is Phage??

We could probably work out the time and see if it matches the location of this shiny satellite.

Just a thought

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I thought it would be way too big to be a satellite or the ISS. I don't know though if you can get some sort of record that shows where the objects were might be some debunking going on.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Looks like someone threw a glowstick off one of the top floors of the building to me, and the woman happened to snap a photot of it falling.........

Just kidding, looks interesting! I have seen and heard of a few other cases with objects similar to this. She mentions being on her balcony when she first saw it, but I wonder if the pics may have been taken through a window, and this is a light reflection on the glass? Dont know man, thanks for posting!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

Your welcome for posting.

It's possible that is a reflection I guess. Don't you think that there would be more reflected material?

Thanks for your opinions as this to me is a good photo.

Pred..

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
How many people live in "the downtown core of Toronto, Canada"?

And only one reported sighting of this from almost a month ago?

Seem strange to anyone else?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Very very strange, only thing I can think off the top of my head would be a reflection, but I can't see where the source would be..

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Sure, but how many people do you think look up? I always thought this because honestly walking with anyone, no one pays attention to anything not in their eyeline. You have to remember we think differently than other people because we look up.

I always try to look at the sky a number of time during the day/night. I have yet to be around anyone else that does so.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I saw this at the linked site for the story, and thought it was interesting....

UFOS Northwest Comment to Above Comment:

UFOS Northwest Comment to Above Comment: I appreciate your comments, but I disagree with your assessment:

1. The photo was taken at 7 PM EDT.

2. At that time Venus was only 7 degrees above the horizon to the WNW (268 degrees). The object in the photo is at a "much" higher elevation. Venus set not too long after the photo was taken.

3. The time exposure of the camera was only 30 seconds. There is no way that a 30 second time exposure would produce an object of that length due to rotation of the Earth.

I find number three interesting, and have highlighted it. What if this is the result of a 30 sec exposure but not due to the movement of the Earth, rather the movement of the object......If this was a bright light on a plane or something (with camera on a tripod), would it be moving fast enough of its own accord to create this effect on a 30 second exposure?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Yea, it would definitely be from a weird source. Only one reflection in the entire photo? And the photo is pretty big as well.

I like posting things that confuse people because then I am not alone.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Thanks for posting the info.

Thirty seconds to me though the light would be moving to slowly to be anything that we normally see. Couldn't be a plane or a helicopter because of the little length, and I don't think it could be a star because it moved too much!

Thanks for making me more confused.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
To Pred-

My next question would be why was this woman taking pics of a strange craft with her camera on a tripod set on a 30 sec exposure? She had to have the camera on a tripod to have such a clear photo with that long of exposure. So why didn;t she just snap a few regular pics with regular exposure settings? Sounds fishy to me, but what do I know?

edit to add: S&F, thanks for posting

[edit on 4-4-2010 by treemanx]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

No, sounds funny to me as well. Maybe she had no idea what she was doing? It just sounds funny to have a 30 second exposure on a tripod just to take a photo outside. Who knows though maybe she has a telephoto lens and was peeping on the other building.

pred...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Your all wrong of course, its a chinese lantern honest.

Ok sacasim a side I would lean more towards some kind of light relection. They say as it got darker we could see it more which I why I think its a reflection.

Also why the 30 second exposure? if they could see it before the took the picture I see no reson for that lenght of an exposure.

Would be nice to see pictures without the long exposure.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by jpmail]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The witness has sent additional photos of the object. Updates will be posted as time permits.

Three weeks later I wonder where the updates could be.

The time exposure could have caught any moving light in the sky. An airplane for example. Witness reports in regard to photographs always have to be taken with a grain of salt (i.e. the recent Sydney "UFO" images). We have no "real" information about this photograph.

What's a computer slash?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Could a computer slash be a / ?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by that_one_guy

Doh!
I guess so.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The OP picture just look like lights from a plane....pictures of helicopter as an example (all I had in my MATS folder):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2460614fbe9d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed57c5e1daf7.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a plane showng same affect.

More examples....

Im not a camera expert....but I believe this is caused by long exposure.

[edit on April 4th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Looks like fluorescent light bulb. Could have been lobbed off the building.

Why is there never a UFO that looks the same as another? The single edited image proves nothing to me other than ET UFO's are poo.

Besides it's probably just the Delorion getting back from the future...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The Witness is comparing the photograph to her own individual sighting. The actual photograph itself was taken by someone else.

As for what it is, I'd hazard a good guess that its Venus being Exposed and the camera knocked (accidentally or on purpose is debatable.) But looking at the direction and angle the Planet is at, matches exactly where Venus would expected to be at that date on Heavens-Above.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join