It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO spotted on Iceland volcano cam (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com...

Quote from source:
Posted: April 3, 2010

Date: April 2, 2010
Time: Daylight hours.
Location of Sighting: Iceland Volcano cam.
Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Disc type.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: Hello, I heard about UFOs being seen on the Iceland Volcano cam, so I thought I would take a look. I got my cam ready and started watching at around 9.45pm when this UFO object came in to view. Regards.

I had to post this as it look like a neat little video, and wanted to get others opinions on it. I looked around for this on here but couldn't find anything so I apologize if it has already been covered on here.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have to agree with you,nice clip!
Does not look like a bird to me,besides,i am not sure if birds fly so close to volcanic fumes or whatever!
Looks metallic also!
Yep! Nice clip indeed!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm starting to think more and more that UFOs are a natural occurance because of the random locations they're always spotted in, unless aliens have a weird obsession with volcanos.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I don't know about you but that doesn't look like a natural occurrence to me.

It could be possible that UFO's if extraterrestrial could be attracted to volcano and the power that they release. So plausible to me anyways.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

I don't know about you but that doesn't look like a natural occurrence to me.

It could be possible that UFO's if extraterrestrial could be attracted to volcano and the power that they release. So plausible to me anyways.

Pred...

I know it doesn't look natural, I'm not saying they're some sort of identified occurance, but i'm saying that this seems strange for intelligent alien life, and might indicate a non intelligent form of craft, perhaps a von neuman probe, attracted to energy outputs that might indicate a intelligent society, and it's equally possible, that the society that sent these probes, has long gone extinct and these probes are wandering aimlessly searching for intelligent life but never getting the commands to make contact.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Sounds plausible. Good point.

Anything is really possible with aliens though. It could be either or, maybe they are not supposed to make contact because their contact might make us change our behavior.

That's kind of what I feel about abductions. You know they all sound messed up and that the people could be lying. But in all reality that is exactly what we would do in a similar situation. I don't know, I hate to say something is impossible, especially when it sounds plausible.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

What a fascinating,yet very sad theory at the same time!
Very thought provoking!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
May I ask what is probably a silly question?

Why do you guys think this is a video of a video on a computer screen?

This isn't copyrighted material so far as I know so why not post the original video itself?

My observation would be that IF someone was creating cgi not posting the original vid would probably hide the digital artifacts betters.

No debunking, just asking.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
i wonder how many FPS that volcano cam films at.

we have many volcanoes in my area and webcams set up on the more active ones, but they only record at 1frame every 5 seconds.

if thats the case here, it could just be one of those odd shinny weather balloons, everyone remember that "kid stuck in a weather balloon" hoax from last year? thats the type of balloon I'm referring to.

since its a film of a computer screen and not the raw video itself, it could easy be a 1 frame every 5 second video that was sped up to look like its actually moving quickly (well quicker)

edited typo

[edit on 4/4/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Could it be ball lightening? It looks like the back-drop is either storm clouds or the plume from the volcano.......either might create enough electricity in the atmosphere to create lightening......

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

Nice possibility.

What about the speed of it though. If it was taken at 1 frame every 5 second wouldn't that be too slow? Or do we even know how fast ball lightning can move?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Cool video. Usually when we see "rods" like this they are merely bugs but honestly this doesn't look like a bug and doesn't appear to be flapping like a bird. It is also shiny and metallic, very odd...

Could it be metallic debris of some kind expelled from the volcano?

Good find

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
the first thing that came to my mind when seeing this was some kind of insect, maybe a lightning bug or some kind of insect with lights. But it could be a ufo, especially if you consider Admiral Byrd's warning to watch both poles for flying UFO's. Maybe the UFO's are concerned because they have a base close.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm from Iceland , me and a couple of friends have been watching the cams a lot and I assure you , these are no weather balloons.

We were just interested in the volcano footage , but it's impossible not to notice the orbs.

Put on the cam and you will not have to wait long until you see one , we have seen loads of them. All kinds of orb's flying around and checking out the eruption, in the daytime as well.

I don't know what they are or if they are artifacts in the video , the frame rate isn't high but I have seen an orb while also observing a helicopter and the difference was obvious.

They don't seem to be moving very fast...

Just watch the cam Mila Cam l)

However , there haven't been any reports from people that have been at the eruption and there are a lot of people going up there.

As for bugs ....this is ICE-Land ...not a whole lot of bugs.

Again , they can be seen at daytime while also seeing birds and the occasional chopper and plane.

Just stumbled upon this ... Source in Icelandic.

This article explains the Icelandic coastguard being scramled to check up on some "lights" or "fire" just south from an Island called Flatey.
After the light being visible for more then half an hour after it was first reported the coastguard went looking but found nothing.

Seems they were concerned enough to check up on ships and call out rescuers.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Compulsionist]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Compulsionist

Thanks for the info and first hand account of the even. Glad to see there is no known explanations of the event and that you have seen these things with your own eyes.

Great and happy to see someone explaining that this event is not a weather ballon or insect.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There is a slight chance that fireflies could live in Iceland.

animals.nationalgeographic.com...

You can see on the small map that the fireflies could live in Greenland but i think on the map iceland does not have them but maybe they could.

The shape of the UFO is similar to fireflies.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

---

Thanks for the post OP. It seems to be zigzagging, not unlike many of the older UFO films seem to show. Often wondered, if they are zigzagging, are they performing the maneuver to avoid 'lock-ons'?

Decoy

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Look at the youtube site its on skywatcherscotland he has the usual type of blurry out of focus ufo videos on it also seems to be into chemtraills.
Web cams low res even lower update rate that object could be almost anything including cgi.
Its amazing in this day and age it only seems to be UFO believers that see these objects and the equipment they have always seems to be poor quality or they find objects so far from were they are its pointless to film them in the first place because they always use digital zoom to get a nice out of focus blob.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

well, it is a volcano; trick of the flashes of light, could even be some kind of earth lights

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

well, it is a volcano; trick of the flashes of light, could even be some kind of earth lights

One comes to believe whatever one repeats to oneself sufficiently often, whether the statement be true of false. It comes to be dominating thought in one's mind. Not for anything, we do not see things as they are, we see things as we are. I just can't understand how that object can be considered a trick of light? It's so damn true when they say: For those that believe, no proof is necessary, for those that don't, none will suffice

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join