It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Def. Minister: Israel Will Attack Iran by Nov.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Former Def. Minister: Israel Will Attack Iran by Nov.

Israel will be compelled to attack Iran’s nuclear weapons facilities by this November unless the U.S. and its allies enact “crippling sanctions that will undermine the regime in Tehran,” former deputy defense minister Brig. Gen. Ephraim Sneh said on Wednesday in Tel Aviv.

The sanctions currently being discussed with Russia, China, and other major powers at the United Nations are likely to be a slightly-enhanced version of the U.N. sanctions already in place, which have had no impact on the Iranian regime.

Nevertheless, he writes, “for practical reasons, in the absence of genuine sanctions, Israel will not be able to wait until the end of next winter, which means it would have to act around the congressional elections in November, thereby sealing Obama’s fate as president.”

In a recent report for the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), military analyst Anthony Cordesman concluded that Israel will have to use low-yield earth-penetrating nuclear weapons if it wants to take out deeply-buried nuclear sites in Iran.

So... before November... that would sure not help the democrats, even if they are already dead in the water if you add health care insurance bailout, corruption, blatant disregard of the constitution, huge deficits, ect...

But that would also be perfect time to avoid 24/7 media exposure in the US due to the mid-term election.

I still don't believe in any dates since I've been seeing them say they gonna bomb Iran anyday now for the last 5 years.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
And this time, they mean it!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have to admit that I am reluctant to beleive any "we'll attack Iran by" dates..

But I really do feel it will happen at some point, my gut says sooner rather than later...

IMHO it will be for no other reason in the West than to obscure the economy, which will suits the Iranian gov who have a youth (which makes up most of the country) just wanting to have fun like thier western counterparts..

If we end up in a conflict with Iran, it will only be to suit the elite on both sides mask the issues they face so they can maintain their power over their peoples..

personally it may be interesting times, but to be honest it also sucks to be a human being right now...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
HMMMMmmm..... that's interesting. The web bot project also predicts this attack to occur in November, 2010.

But then, they also predicted it for Nov 2009, and now they say they must've gotten the year wrong.

Oh well, I guess you need to come up with some explanation when it doesn't happen....

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
the zionists wont do a damn thing unless they have the US on board to do the heavy lifting. this is a wag the dog situation of the zionists saying unless you help us we will attack, when in reality they will not attack unless they have our help.

it is logistically impossible for israel to hit iran without the US being in agreement due to airspace and distance. though i did read one paper that said they might land in the desrt of saudi arabia without permission to refuel, but that would be illegal. however legality has never stopped the zionists before so who knows.

however if they attack without us support they could bring in some very unpleasant backlash from very many countries acroos the globe. the zionists are not dumb and will not do this unless us support is 100% in the bag.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I believe it will be sooner than November...

China will not agree to more than a slight increase in the severity of sanctions against Iran, which will force USrael to consider the military option a lot more closely than it would if the "crippling" sanctions Israel is bleating for were applied...

Lieberman was very hawkish on "Press The Meat" sunday morning, he seemed keen for Iranian blood to be spilled ASAP...

My guess would be hostilities will begin by the start of September...I'll be keeping a close eye on the markets at Intrade to try and get a handle if "smart money" points to when it will happen...

[edit on 4/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Is this what this website is, death and destruction, to make fear, it will be a long road, but for them of war thier path is short. shall be it.

top topics

join