It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical Asteroid thread. WW2 Middle east sighting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My Father was a WW2 veteran, one of Montgomery's 8th Army Desert Rats Blackcat Division.

Now my knowlege of the exact time frame is not good all i know it was sometime during the North Africa campaign. For some reason my Fathers division was posted to where Iraq is now. Kirkuk to be exact. I believe it was a staging area because there was the threat only,of the Germans pushing down through the Caucus Mountaint in the north.

Anyway, during his stay one night he and his platoon woke up to the sound of an enormous 'steam train' flying over head. He said it lit up the desert night all around and it was ball shaped with a HUGE burning tail made up of all colours. it passed over head at high altitude and dissappeared over the Caucuses Mountains.

Ive been trying to see if Russia or ant country reported a meteror impact at this time in this area? If any could help i wish to thank you in advance.

Rusti.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Rusti,

Did your Dad ever say what HE thought it was?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well hes seen the first jets ie the British Gloster (pardon the pun) Meteor and the German Me 262 Swallow but that was later in the war.

He knows what artillery and rocket fire is like when it goes over head and he said it was none of thoes.

he said its either, something never seen before or a 'bloody great big shooting star'

It lit the ground up like daytime as it passes and it made a booming whooshing sound.

new topics

join