It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Seen 2 More Meteors/Shooting Stars....Have Pictures !!!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Lets see we have you and maya27 (sighting over Glasgow) seeing these fireballs yet no reports in any newspaper around the central belt of Scotland strange dont you think

So from a population of about 2m+ over that area only 3 or 4 claim to have seen them

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Firstly, I saw the huge trail in the sky, not the actual objects which caused the trails.. I noticed it a few hours after Shauny saw and took the photos. It looked strange.

Did you read the thread through properly???

Are you so wrapped up in playing detective that you are interpreting the posts to suit your own little theory?

FYI, I am sure many people see things and don't go reporting them.

In fact, my son and I saw something very strange in the sky in september and we didn't report it. I only mentioned it in passing on someone elses thread. I suppose I have been paying closer attention since we saw the UFO???/thing! Haha

Also, just to add that when I saw Shaunys trail , it was a very clear sky
with few clouds.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
for the record. I saw several shooting stars last night.
So we must be entering some phase. A yearly thing I hear

Shauny,

You can go out and see meteors on any given night if its reasnobly clear, and you wait long enough.

Meteor showers are active 24/7 and 365 days a year. We are constantly being bombarded.

We are not entering "some phase"... or at least, from seeing a couple of meteors, you can not jump to the conclusion we are entering some phase.

If you want to make such claims, first learn to identify meteors, and the showers to which they belong. Saying we are going into "some phase" is usless unless you know your arse from your elbow when it comes to meteors. Were the two you saw sporadic meteors, or members of currently active showers? Even if you did know, seeing two meteors means nothing - you need to put them into context, as well as being able to identify their origin.

One thing you will learn about meteors (if you stick with it), is that every year is a bit different, and although we have regular anual showers, the strength and intensity of those showes can vary widely from year to year.

For example, in recent years the Leonids have been in "storm mode", and are now gradually declining in activity, and the Geminids and Quadrantids are the strongest annual meteor showers for the moment.

This is set to change though (it's always changing), thanks to recent research that has identified the parent body of the alpha Capricornids meteor shower. This meteor shower is set to become the most active annual meteor shower in the future.

Try not to forget, that on top of all the cometary (annual) meteors showers we have, we also have the sporadic (both cometary and asteroidal material) background.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by maya27

Firstly, I saw the huge trail in the sky, not the actual objects which caused the trails.. I noticed it a few hours after Shauny saw and took the photos. It looked strange.

Did you read the thread through properly???

Are you so wrapped up in playing detective that you are interpreting the posts to suit your own little theory?

FYI, I am sure many people see things and don't go reporting them.

In fact, my son and I saw something very strange in the sky in september and we didn't report it. I only mentioned it in passing on someone elses thread. I suppose I have been paying closer attention since we saw the UFO???/thing! Haha

with few clouds.

You took pictures why dont you post them?

He was shot down in flames re his CONtrail pictures I have emphasised con for obvious reasons! If he bothers to look he will find out how often the type of object he claims he saw is seen, VERY RARE so he posts pictures of contrails to reinforce his first story. I never said he didn't see his first fireball but the contrail pic is BS did he really think people on here would fall for that.

Like I say in the fairly densely populated central belt of Scotland no newspaper reports no tv reports I find that strange. When we have had various reports re Chinese Lanterns and the ever popular Bonnybridge UFO sightings which only really TOOK OFF since Cumbernauld Aiport opened (pun intended).
Link to Chinese Lanterns (Daily Record)

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

You most likely saw contrails due to the time 9pm when you saw them sun will have set and the contrails will have looked strange. They can cross the sky from horizon to horizon if the conditions are right.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

REPLY TO wmd_2008

"I noticed it a few hours after Shauny saw and took the photos. It looked strange."

SHAUNY TOOK THE PHOTOS!......... Got it wmd_2008???

You didn't read MY POSTS through properly!

I am sure many people see things and don't go reporting them.

with few clouds.

Whatever it was, was strange looking, I have never seen a trail like that in the sky before.

wmd_2008, get a grip!

I have no idea what Shauny saw on either of these occasions, regarding the actual objects. For all I know it could have been the Russian fighter jets which have been seen and followed over the Isle of Lewis. Would make more sense with the helicopters searching the area at the time of the "sightings".

I don't know. All I know is that Silo Simon and Shauny both saw something similar re the first sightings, and I saw the huge & slightly luminous trail on the same night that Shauny took the pic of it.

What's with the manic debunking, you seem to have gotten yourself into such a little frenzy that you are reading your own closed minded conclusion into other peoples posts. This is tiresome!

I won't bother wasting my time replying to your posts if you can't be bothered to read my posts properly.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Did you see the trails form?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Whatever it was, was strange looking, I have never seen a trail like that in the sky before.

wmd_2008, get a grip!

I have no idea what Shauny saw on either of these occasions, regarding the actual objects. For all I know it could have been the Russian fighter jets which have been seen and followed over the Isle of Lewis. Would make more sense with the helicopters searching the area at the time of the "sightings".

I don't know. All I know is that Silo Simon and Shauny both saw something similar re the first sightings, and I saw the huge & slightly luminous trail on the same night that Shauny took the pic of it.

What's with the manic debunking, you seem to have gotten yourself into such a little frenzy that you are reading your own closed minded conclusion into other peoples posts. This is tiresome!

I won't bother wasting my time replying to your posts if you can't be bothered to read my posts properly.

You said you took a picture of trail/s post it then if you know how and people here can see what you saw.

We do KNOW what he saw on the second sighting he posted a PICTURE or did you not look at his post.

Please please tell me when they scramble Tornado F3'S to intercept the Russians what use would helicopters be or do you think that the bombers are flying at just a few hundred feet through our airspace

Funny your type DONT seem to like if someone gives an alternative idea to what you think/claim ,usually followed by a close minded comment.
The problem is some people are so open minded they SEE WHAT THEY WANT they dont see WHAT IS ACTUALLY there. This site has to have post from both views or it would be pointless. If it went your way this is what would happen

Post Here is a picture of a ufo

"Great well done "

"Best picture ever well done mate" etc etc

Next post "Video of UFO"

"Great well done "

"Best VIDEO ever well done mate" etc etc.

Is that the type of site you want have a look on the net plenty like that.

The whole point of a site like this is to give opinions/evidence or proof to back up or disprove another claim.

Believe you me I would more than happy to POST REAL EVIDENCE if I was lucky enough to get some.

So why dont you show some gumption and post your pic and lets us see what you have.

Maybe something like this

cameraodyssey.com...

or this

farm4.static.flickr.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Just out of curiosity, what kind of trail (if any) does a meteor leave in daylight?

that's what i was going to ask...

every "fireball" video i have seen of meteors coming through the atmosphere.. they leave this huge "contrail" streak .. as they burn through the atmosphere...

how is anyone going to tell the difference between a contrail and a meteor trail without going up and testing the actual composition of the trail??

i think all you people saying "daaa awl ah see is um contrayul" ..
well duh.. come on.. how the hell are you going to tell the difference?

-

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

You solved it yourself meteor trails have a big bright blob on the end that in a population centre with over 2m+ people it would be reported on radio,tv and newspapers.
Shaunys first post was seen by it seems only one other poster then to back up his claim he says he spotted another a few days later and took pictures of PLANE contrails to back this and his first claim.
Now what are the chances of this happening in the same part of the world and he is the only witness
no reports anywhere re his second fireball.
Now do you see

[edit on 16-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

In daylight, a big meteoroid usually leaves a "dust trail". These are also visible around sunset/sunrise as they are high up in the atmopshere, and they can be illuminated by the sunlight at that altitude, even though the sun may not be above the horizon for an observer on the ground.

Telling the difference between a contrail and a dust trail from a meteor is usually quite easy (if you have one in front of you). Contrails made by planes are at relitively constant altitude, and take a long time be disperced by the mid-altitude winds.

Dust trains (and other types of train left by meteors) on the other hand, because a meteoroid is plunging down through the various layers of atmosphere, and it's like an onion, with many layers, each with a different direction and velocity, almost imediately start to twist and distort.

The diferences are extremely obvious, and you can tell you are looking at a train left by a meteor because within seconds the are distorted in a completely different way to a con-trail. Look at the pics I posted earlier.

In short:

- Meteor trains distort rapidly infront of your eyes. Aircraft con-trails remain relitively intact for minutes, and usually take tens of minutes if not hours to completely disperse.

- Meteor trains become much more convoluted, and even appear to loop back on themselves, with other parts taking on a distinctive zig-zag appearance. Aircraft con-trails tend to remain more or less straight.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Perhaps something like this left those trails:

In which case if high voltage is involved then its creating
nitrogen compounds helping to fertilize the ground below.
Its doing us a favor.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
reply to post by shauny

Perhaps something like this left those trails:

In which case if high voltage is involved then its creating
nitrogen compounds helping to fertilize the ground below.
Its doing us a favor.

Thanks for posting that video because to anyone its obvious this video shows a plane leaving a contrail of course the IDIOT on youtube posting makes out its a UFO but what it is is a plane at the limit of resolution of the camera nothing more and nothing less.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join