It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Claims South Fires Toward Its Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

North Korea Claims South Fires Toward Its Border

www.ynetnews.com

North Korea is accusing South Korea of opening fire in the military buffer zone that separates the two countries.

The official Korean Central News Agency said late Sunday that South Korean forces committed a "grave armed provocation" during the afternoon by firing toward a civil police post on the northern side of the demilitarized zone. South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff denied the North's claim. (AP)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I didnt find this posted here... Headline stops my heart from beating for a while... WTF is happening?

Leader of North Korea has went to China past day... In these news always timing is most important - guys, timing! Whats the real reason, why now and I just wonder, who is in charge there now Pyongjang?

Did the leader went to China just to be sure, that he wont get bombed and killed in case of fast escalation to war... Or making coup against him possible - or impossible?

Why would they claim such thing, if no one have really shot anything? Something is in making, there cant be no such "mistakes" in central ruled NK Media.

Here is maybe really breaking news worth to follow!

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Related news...

North Korea Accuses South Korean Troops of Firing Toward its Border

www1.voanews.com...
www.google.com...

Just happened, so maybe more to come very soon...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, I for one am hoping this is all bluster and noise, as something more substantial makes it quite serious..

Thanks

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i remember the new south korean admin saying they would take a harder stance on their neighbors to the north but it seems to me that they are just a bunch of pussycats. the north screams "you fired on us!" and the south is like "no we didnt i swear!"

makes u wonder if the south really didnt then perhaps the north is up to something...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

And how this would help China, now when Iran is in table - I mean their oil.

War in Korea - that really can delay now US movements in coast of Iran?

NK cant wage war without China... And I think China cant loose Iran.

WW3, anyone?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hahaha, you Americans are gonna buy another false-flag attack. I can't believe it.
PEARL HARBOR : " Oh my od the Japs are attacking. But wait, intelligence confirmed this weeks ago, all we did was sending our aircraft carriers north so they would be spared, then we can afford 3000dead to enter a war we surely are gonna win"

VIETNAM: those commies are everywhere. Why don't we set up a false attack on a US ship to legitimize our will to crush the North Vietnamese, as we can't trust the Southern Vietnam Army to do the job even with our support? "

AFGHANISTAN : If we don't settle in Asia quickly, the Russians and the Chinese will do it. Let's carry out a fake attack and blame terrorists for that. We'll send Marines to kick Taliban arses for a while and then seize poppy crops in this region so we can control our people with it.

IRAQ 1/2 : Saddam is a bad guy, he attacked Kuwait. Too bad Kuwait has a crapload of oil, so we gotta intervene so the average taxpayer doesn't have to sell his home to fill his tank"
IRAQ 2/2 : Saddam is such a bad guy that he is trying to get plutonium to kill us all. Booh, thanks George Tenet and Dick Cheney for lying to the world, everyone but France bought our story of mobile truck labs

I seriously blame you Americans. The only worthy leaders you had have been muredered and still you point your fingers at those the media show you. Who owns the media? well, the very same people who profit from oil, infrastructures, trade agreements and who don't give a damn about valuable lives being ended on pointless battlefields. For every soldier killed in thel ine of duty, you should be tried for eternity.

My post will go unnoticed, or receive a 2-line sarcastic answer, so I don't care. Keep believing that NK is a bunch of bad guys. China controls them, and for as long as you're not in trouble with China, NK won't move.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm an American and all it is to me is the maniacal maneuverings of psychopaths on a global chessboard. All I can do is HOPE that all this is not culminating towards a catastrophic climax, but my 'hope' is worthless and we all have a general idea of where this is heading.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
WW3, anyone?

How do you manage to get from another ho hum little spat between North and South Korea, all the way to WW3? They have had much worse than this since the truce long ago, including maritime battles, shootouts, and more. This is pretty insignificant really in the grand scheme of things. You can't even drag alarmist, knee jerk me into buying into that one, sorry. :shk:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

this is true, however... kim jong ill as we all know is dying... everything points to the regime up there being quite fragile... there is no ready leader/son to take over the north except a teenage boy.. if you were the american or south korean regime, dont you think the best time to attack and rid the world of the cancer that is the north korean regime would be now?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
if you were the american or south korean regime, dont you think the best time to attack and rid the world of the cancer that is the north korean regime would be now?

Do you think it takes Kim himself to push the buttons that will launch some 10,000 artillery shells into Seoul, potentially killing thousands of people on the spot? Umm, no it doesn't, or to activate any other part of NK's armed forces if Kim is gone- including their nuclear weapons. The bottom line is there is NO good time to launch an attack against NK. NONE.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

you didnt understand what i was saying, im saying kim is on his deathbed, north korea has no succesor, there is a very real threat that a military geenral even more radical could take over of course, thats my point, you strike now, while they are destablized and unsure who is leading what. it would of course start with airstrikes which would no doubt be aimed at missle and artillery installations and the DMZ frontl ine...

or would you rather wait for north korea to decide when they have an oppurtunity to attack?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

Talk all the crap you want about the American government, but leave the people alone.

Oh, wait. Your French.

Win a war and then talk to me

Go back to your cheese and wine, freaking surrender monkey.

www.albinoblacksheep.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
reply to post by MattMulder

Talk all the crap you want about the American government, but leave the people alone.

Oh, wait. Your French.

Win a war and then talk to me

Go back to your cheese and wine, freaking surrender monkey.

www.albinoblacksheep.com...

Why do you pride yourself in how many people your government has killed?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I don't. But I'm not gonna take any crap from a country that can't stand up for itself

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I don't. But I'm not gonna take any crap from a country that can't stand up for itself

You're using war to justify an entire country, that is disgusting.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

What good is a man that can not defend himself?

None.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Is it necessary to insult another country? I don't see what purpose that serves other than to flame the fans and sidetrack this thread from the topic at hand.

Anyways...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

What good is a man that can not defend himself?

None.

Thats irrelevent, using war as a measuring tool of an entire nation is ridiculous, incase you haven't noticed, france hasn't been invaded, have they?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Probably so... North Korea did just days ago sink a South Korean Naval Vessel...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join