It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hola Hermanos (hello brothers&sisters)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hello ATS.

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I'm a 25 year-old Virginia native who has been scouring ATS for quite a few years. Some recent posts have driven me to the point that I feel I can contribute some sanity and level headedness to this site. I will not be the most active member by any means, and I certainly could care less if I receive a single star of flag for any effort that I put in here (not insulting those of you who do).

I pride myself on being extremely empathetic, intelligent and understanding. Killing the ego is of the utmost importance to me (though the amount of me's, my's and I's in this particular post may imply different). I am a college student double majoring in Social relations in a global perspective and Spanish here at Virginia Commonwealth University. The pursuit of truth, understanding, peace and stability is something I believe all members here on ATS can come together on, and it is the very reason that most of us are here.

So thank you all, regardless of your thoughts, positions and interests; for inspiring others to think deeply, for sparking curiosity and for aiding, in one way or another, the denying of ignorance. No matter how much we may differ, every post, every comment, regardless of content, contributes to the advancement of research and thought. Thank you again my brothers and sisters.

I look forward, as always, to the our future discussions.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Hi Shark VA84, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive U2U's (messages) to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive U2U's to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms and Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Welcome, if you ever want to practice your Spanish maybe you want to meetup on AIM. We need more peaceful people like yourself, but I am frightened sometimes that that might not be good enough or seem to wussy for those tough-guys, the trigger-happy ones to ever change their ways. Some people seem to thrive on others suffering or have terrible rules of engagement as you will learn from the recent Iraq war so they seem to always find an excuse to do bad things. Maybe we can convince them otherwise.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nahitini

Mucho Gusto hermano (o hermana). Thanks for the kind response. I agree completely with what you have said, and while I'm generally not the wussy stereotype (decent size, like to box), I believe there is a time and place for everything. Goes back to that moderation of all, or middle path. Anyway, I appreciate the invite to practice my spanish, I certainly may take you up on that offer. Hope to see you around! Hasta luego amigo (o amiga).

Shark

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
cool hi! I hope you enjoy reading on the site

top topics

join