It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hands up if you're a little confused...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Don't mean to bust you guys' bubble, but doesn't this guy seem like he writes a little too well. Maybe I'm conditioned to be paranoid. Although, it is good reading, I will admit. The whole, "my kid is covered in chocolate" bit is a really good ploy to humanize. I've read too many of these. Entertaining though.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm delurking here in order to say I'm reading and interested in your story, Noah.

As to the truthfulness of the account, I'm undecided but very interested in where the story is going. I don't discount your experiences simply because you are a good writer -- even good writers have weird experiences! Thanks for sharing this with us.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Amazing job. I love reading well written things. Kudos to you sir!

I'm going to have to say that you're telling the truth, since I have also had many bizarre experiences throughout my life. I look forward to hearing more about your strange adventures, and I might contribute more if I can find something to relate to.

Keep it up! this would make a good book!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Hi there lambs to lions - frustrating as it is to read comments of a doubting nature, I completely understand where you're coming from. Ultimately, I guess it's like SalvationJane said: '- even writers have weird experiences...'

I write well because I've always written well. In my English language GCSE I was listed as being in the top 1% nationally for the creative writing component. My English teacher told me (when I was 15) that she expected to see a novel within 10 years..!

That hasn't transpired unfortunately, though I have outlines for a novel or two on my 'to do' pile.

Once again, I can only offer you my assurance that what I'm writing is the truth. I write in a 'convoluted' way so that people can get a sense of what my feelings and thoughts were/ are... Something I can only convey by writing in a 'prose' style. If I were a gifted mathematician, I'd probably use bullet points and probability equations/ statistics to express what I'm trying to say..

Anyway; thanks for taking the time to make a comment - you are, of course, free to believe what you will.

Next update this evening...!

Cheers,

Noah.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
After you stumbled over the football and broke your leg you walked into the building and stood on tippy-toes to try and see the receptionist. You weren't in any pain, and went outside again and sat under the wall.

Then you got a cast put on. Does this sound right to you?
Just askin.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NoahTheSumerian

Okay, but I was raised middle class and don't consider myself priveleged, but everyone's viewpoint is different. I just assumed. Well, I don't know it's wierd to say the least, but definately very interesting.

Actually I had a thought about reality being kind of "staged" for all of us after reading your thread. It's gotten me to think about a story, about what reality really could be. I'll say no more, the walls have ears ya know.

Can't wait to read the rest of your story.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hi Noah,

Your story interests me for different reasons. When I read it, all I could think was, wow, this sounds like my life.
No not all of it, but lots.

I was born in the beginning of 1980, but my family is pretty unremarkable. No military involvement or anything. My mom was 40 when I was born and they didn't know or believe she was pregnant. Also they said I should not have survived. That is all cryptic to me as no one ever really cleared it up.
Anyway, as a child I had very strange experiences including describing a detailed brain surgery to my shocked family at age 3. When asked how I knew, I replied that 'I used to be a doctor.'
There were other things, but like you, my memories of my first 20 or so years is sort of 'erased' and I only have snippets left. I never did any drugs though.

I have been different my whole life and I have really bad luck that I call a curse. My life doesn't have the mystery characters though. Just bad luck, history loss, the feeling of being an old soul or more than I am. Oh and I too don't share traits with my family. Not many anyway.

Just wanted to say that I felt connection to your tale.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I also want to be a writer, and I constantly wrote, drew, and researched in those earlier years, but whatever hid the memories also wrought havoc on my imagination and creativity which makes it extremely difficult for me to attempt any of my dreams of writing. Are there any similarities?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I enjoyed reading your story, thanks for sharing.

Have you ever thought about Hypnosis?
You can bring back almost any memory to the fullest with that. (Depends how repressed it is)

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

How it can be, I don't know.. I was told it was a 'greenstick fracture' - they aren't as severe as full breaks obviously, and young children do have more flexible bones, but I still think I might've had some sort of indication I'd hurt myself.

PS - what sort of 'nursery' staff member sends a 2 yr old to sit on a wall next to the road..? The road was about ten metres away from the front door of the place (I'm accounting for toddler-sized steps in my estimation). Strikes me as very irresponsible, seeing as in an emergency they'd not have been able to reach me in time - plus the receptionist definitely didn't have me in her line of sight.

Will continue this a bit later on tonight. Thanks for all the feedback so far; I will try to reply to each question, so if I haven't responded yet please bear with me.

Noah

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hello again ATS...

I left off last time at the point where I'd been given a set of physio exercises to carry out, in order to correct my posture and walking. I'll come to that shortly, but before I do I'll explain a few things about my physical appearance and build; things that 'don't stack up' when considered in the light of my family background.

As mentioned before, I possess several features that are entirely uncommon to anyone else in my maternal/paternal families, and I also lack other prevalent family traits

Eyes, hair colour, bone structure, ears, neck and shoulder structure, body type - if you were to see a picture of me standing with my brothers/ half brothers, you'd instantly see a vast difference between their incredibly similar features and my own. Obviously I won't be uploading the picture I'm referring to, but I'll try to give you a general idea:

The shape of my face/ skull... I have an 'upside-down teardrop' sort of thing going on. The rest of the family have either a squared, or very slightly elongated oval facial shape. A dominant feature is my ears, which are pronouncedly 'elfish'. When I was very young I asked my parents why I had 'funny' ears. They said it was because I was born in breach position, and that during a long labour the doctors needed to use clamps to hold my head in efforts to deliver me. This was told to me in all seriousness (and I was old enough to recognise when my parents were 'pulling my leg'). To all intents and purposes I believed that story, and held that it accounted for why I was the only person in the family with Spock-like ears ever since. I've checked back a few generations on both sides, but no-one else has anything of the sort in the ear department.
I'd have forgotten all about it, but my children have been born with the same ears, leading me to think that it was in fact a strong genetic trait possessed by... me..?

The main recurring feature that all other family members DO have is the nose. It's basically a very long 'roman' nose, with a hook over the bridge. Viewed from the side, it protrudes out then drops sharply - a triangle shape if you picture that. My nose is nothing like that, being straight and averagely proportioned from top to bottom. The 'forehead of the family' (how weird is this thread becoming..?) is relatively narrow and flat, with minimal eyesocket protrusion. My forehead is broad and rounded, with eyebrows significantly forward in comparison - also have more pronounced cheekbones.

Got the mental image of a cross between Quasimodo and Peter Pan..? You are in fact extremely close (not too hideous though, honest..!) Let's mix it up some more as I explain some oddities relating to my skeletal structure.

First point of note is the extra bones in my feet - a medical certainty. I had an X-Ray two years ago when I broke one of my toes, and the radiologist pointed out that he'd been interested by some extra bones - on the outside edge of my foot, and on the toes themselves. He didn't go into any more detail and only had one perspective to review with the image taken. This ties in with something a chiropractor had told me even earlier (without access to any X-Rays).. that my feet are literally a 'freak of nature', with a combination of features rarely (if ever) seen. His conclusion was that my feet have "incredibly high arches, a one-in-a-million feature in itself"... "bizarre, over-tense tendons" and "strange" flexion across the arches.

Bypassing the legs for now, we move to the spine. Again drawing a comparison to all known family members past and present, I have a completely anomalous spinal construct...!

And then there's the neck, wrists & hands to consider...

* CONTINUED TOMORROW *

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
When I was a kid my father would take me under his arm and tell me stories. He was Eastern European and had some fascinating ones that I loved to hear over and over.

I'm kinda gettin that feeling all over again of listening to a human interest tale being told in the first person -- and its not coming from the tv or a video.

I'm all ears.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

Hi Freebourn

Hypnosis is becoming more and more attractive as time goes by. Unlike me..!

I would have to be convinced that the hypnotherapist was trustworthy - in addition I'd make sure the session was video-recorded. I'm totally paranoid about hypnotherapy (due to an experience I had when I was eleven), so I'd probably even be synchronising a pair of stopwatches..

I won't discuss that hypnotherapy incident now; I've decided to keep it in chronological order... Thanks for your feedback, hopefully it remains interesting..!

Noah

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

Hi Kadyr80

I'd say you'd probably benefit from regression hypnotherapy, with someone who's experienced in taking people back to review past lives. Don't go for someone who tries to marvel you with tales of the past lives he/she has uncovered in order to get your custom. Use someone who will try to avoid 'leading' questioning to get you to discuss your prior thoughts/experiences of the matter - make sure they want to let the hypnosis talk for itself.

Another thing you could try is associative memory exercises. Just remember any one thing about a place or person you used to know, then try to place it in context within the environment you experienced it in. Then try to visualise linked events, emotions or items - you'll find other images surface, and you'll be able to do the same with them. That way, you can gradually build stronger and stronger memories with each attempt to remember the same details.. Let the memory images move you - don't dwell too long on each one - see where each leads you. I've been using that over the past few days and am having moderate success in developing the level of detail I can recall.

I'm fascinated that you described brain surgery age 3...! Reminds me of my youngest, who has been born with an innate obsession with cars - far beyond just the usual interest and enjoyment all kids get from toy cars. Transfixed by Formula 1 racing, stops eating to watch car insurance adverts, and turns anything that can be pushed into a 'car' - complete with sound effects of gear changes (which I didn't teach).

Our eldest once described being a helicopter pilot, 'before'...

Curious stuff..!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Hi SolarE-Souljah

Just wanted to say thanks for your comment - without such positive responses mixed in with the doubters I'd probably not want to finish this... And I guess I should send myself an email with the postings I've made so far - in case any copyright issues arise in the future..!

Cheers,

Noah.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Thanks for the vote of confidence Wayno - sounds like you had a great experience with your dad and the storytelling. That part of the world is full to the brim of fantastic folklore - and a fair bit of modern tragedy too. I bet his experience of life was a lot deeper than what we (as westerners) can normally come to expect.

I'll springboard off this reply and straight into my next installment... I had a moment of uncertainty earlier, regarding whether I should carry on with the thread or not. Now that I've given it some thought, I've decided to go ahead - it is proving a useful means by which to exorcise the past.

So - I was talking about my physiological characteristics. So far, I've tried to give an indication of the differences between myself and my family members. While that has proven tricky (it would be so much easier to upload some photos), it's probably nothing compared with trying to explain the actual structural issues I was planning to deal with now.

In addition to surface appearances, the last post detailed the issue of extra bones in my feet, the extremely high arch of my feet, and the hypertension of my achilles tendons. The cumulative strangeness increases as we take my legs into consideration. (..!)

NOTE: I spent some time trying to complete this paragraph, to explain in writing the obvious structural and postural anomalies of my spine and legs, as well as the way in which these things affect the movement of my legs during walking or running (and the way all this relates to the structure of my feet). I have found it ridiculously difficult to express what needs to be said in a succinct and non-technical way (ie without the use of medical terminology, relating to the names of both groups of and individual ligaments and muscles etc). Therefore I've decided to wait until I've uploaded some sketches to support my comments before tackling this issue.

Instead, I'll relate two dreams I had between the ages of five and ten years old - the second recurred many times. The first dream was brief, but terrified me beyond anything I'd ever known - or indeed have known since. I was six years old.

I was strapped into a reclined chair; similar, if not identical, to a dentist's chair. There were four or five adult figures around me, but my vision was blurred - I could see only as though I were seeing through water... As I surfaced into consciousness, I became horrifically aware of - what I can only explain as - very precise torture, being carried out on my paralysed body. Hair-fine needles were being inserted slowly and deliberately into the flesh on my arms and body, each one being driven directly into specific nerves. One was targeted to the nerve tracking down my left arm, at the elbow joint; another was being placed into a nerve somewhere around my lower belly on the right-hand side. My upper left leg had the same treatment, and I think there were a couple in the right-hand side of my torso as well. As I tried to scream and move (impossible), I saw another implement being lowered towards my right eye. A needle similar to the others was pushed into my eyeball without hesitation. At this stage, the terror and pain 'woke me up'.

There are three things to mention with regards to this experience.

Firstly, this dream was more 'real' than any other dream I have ever had. Nothing was abstract. While it was surreal - in respect of a six year old being tortured ('experimented upon'..?) - the actuality of the experience was constant and terrifying in equal measure. If I'd had the same experience in waking reality, the point at which I 'woke up' would have been the point at which my brain shut down consciousness in order to protect itself from the devastating nature of the ordeal.

*CONTINUED BELOW*

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
* CONTINUED FROM ABOVE *

The second thing to note is that the pain was REAL. It wasn't like other dreams I've had, where pain is a sort of allegorical 'meta-sensation' translated by the mind into an 'understanding of pain' (that's the best way I can find to explain it). No, the pain of this torture was real, severe, and anatomically / experientially correct. As the needles went in, the pain followed the precise tracks of the nerves being stuck. At that age I didn't know about the function or composition of the nervous system, but with hindsight, the radial nature of the pain sensations was absolutely accurate.

Ever heard the album by Pink Floyd: 'Delicate Sound of Thunder'..? The first time I heard that album title, it reminded me of the pain experienced in the dream - ephemerally precise, and yet brutally effective. I perceived a sophisticated depth of sadism in my tormentors - they were obviously completely emotionally detached from their subject.

The third thing to mention is that as I awoke from the 'dream', I sat up in bed and gasped in shock at what I had just experienced. My room was darkened, only the reflected moonlight casting shadows and glinting off the mirror. There was no sound anywhere in the house. Within seconds though, my father had opened my bedroom door. The landing was dark, and he hadn't moved for the moments between my waking and his opening the door. To place this lack of noise and movement in context, we lived in a three bedroomed semi-detached house built in the 1930's - the floorboards were creaky as hell. As well, his door clanged loudly when it opened, due to having one of those sprung ball-bearing/socket latches. The landing light was always on at night, seeing as it was cramped with a bookcase, chest and other items stacked around.

Anyway, he looked in for a moment, then calmly asked 'Are you okay?' - I mumbled that I'd had a bad dream. He nodded. Though characteristically unresponsive to my obvious state of panic, his expression was sympathetic. This perception strikes a difficult-to-explain chord with my intuition, as he rarely - if ever - showed any concern for my emotional state.

If I look back at this now, my honest thoughts are that this was a real experience. Whether as a test subject in an abductee-style scenario, or as an experimental 'ward of the military', I have a strong certainty that I wasn't actually dreaming. I would posit that I was removed from my room at night, sedated, transported to an unknowable location and then - for whatever reason, with whatever purpose - tortured. As I write, I am willing to give some consideration to the idea that maybe I wasn't supposed to be conscious - they could have been checking for subconscious reflex reactions of the nervous system, a scenario which may potentially explain the use of a paralysis-inducing anaesthetic. Considering my young age, maybe they 'went easy' on the dosage. In fact - perhaps they didn't even know I was conscious until the last moment.

My intuition tells me that even if they weren't initially aware, they weren't overly concerned with my well-being... Other aspects of the experience - like being unable to see clearly - make me think that maybe I was supposed to be conscious, yet remaining unable to identify my tormentors...

Oh, and my father's vocation, both in the military and as a civilian? Dentist.

* CONTINUED BELOW *

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm really enjoying your posts. Keep it up!

Don't let the haters bring you down! Sometimes people on ATS can be a little rude. After making a couple threads, you learn that you will get both positive and negative feedback, regardless of the topic at hand.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I am very interested in reading the rest of your life story. I am glad that you are willing to share with us. It may be therapeutic to you, but it is immensely interesting and educational for us. Thank you again... and keep going please.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I finally figured out how to quote people, and have added another comment to replace this one...!

[edit on 9-4-2010 by NoahTheSumerian]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join