It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solve this puzzle!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Solve for a secret message!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e727653c108.png[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
'ADB ran off with Ian's keyboard so he has to pretend with dice.'

?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Naw, but it's an idea

You should give this a try, Ashley. It's a really nice puzzle. I'd play too but I got a preview when he first made it

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well...I hadn't seen this thread.

Preliminary impression is that the message is either contained within the top numerical representations of the dice or the front facing represenations...as they are the only consistent faces viewable.

As well, there are 12 in each row...so the relevance is in the numbers viewable.

I wish I had more interest in codes...one could do a sequential numerical catalog of the set up, for each and perhaps either begin to eliminate one side or discern the interplay...

Scratch that. It is an interplay of the two sides. One can discern that by viewing at the front facing "1" at the end of the fourth row...1 is front facing where there the top face shows 4, 3 and 5 respectively.

That is the key to finding the alpabetical representations for what is a misleading use of only six characters for an english message.

Which eliminates addition of the two faces...as it would limit the character associations...

So...to be more succinct, each die represents a character and the frequency alphabet is based on the combination of the top and front facing "symbols"...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Oh...and I envy the hell out of the FCP Coffee Mug...I lost the link way back when and never could order one...

Edit for grammar.

[edit on Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:10:05 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I tried giving this a go...

Spent quite a while on it, but I just couldn't crack it with paper and pencil and only 24 hours in a day...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

Okay, here's a small hint or two (but perhaps you've already figured this out):

1. Each die is one letter; both visible sides are significant.
2. Although the dice are all lined up regularly, there's an indication of where word breaks are.

Have fun!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Yeah, that's exactly where I'm at...

Although, the indication of word breaks might be the clue I need...

There are only 19 letters according to my work, which makes deciphering harder than a longer puzzle w/a more complete alphabet. And the remaining letters don't follow the ETAIO frequency standard...

Just finished my dinner, now back to work!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well, I started this at 3:45pm, its 10:20 now.

Very tough puzzle. I have some of it deciphered...but...

The visual aspect is the most challenging part. I can't even tell which dice are tilted after more than 5 seconds of looking at the photo.

After blowing the photo up, as well, a lot of angles are diminished--further limiting my ability to distinguish word breaks (which, after the partial alphabet, is all I have left to go on).

Good luck to the next guy! I hope you aren't as dumb as me, or you will be as frustrated as I am.

new topics

top topics

join