It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican dismisses child abuse scandal as 'petty gossip' as row overshadows Easter services Read m

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Vatican dismisses child abuse scandal as 'petty gossip' as row overshadows Easter services

www.dailymail.co.uk

The Vatican defended the Pope today, insisting he would not be intimidated by 'petty gossip' about the child abuse scandal during a special Easter Sunday statement.
Cardinal Angelo Sodano gave a speech of solidarity at the start of the Easter service in Rome in what is believed to have been the first time in recent memory protocol at the ceremony has been changed.
'Holy Father, the people of God are with you and will not let themselves be influenced by the petty gossip of the moment, by the trials that sometimes assail the community of believers,' Sodano said.
He told the Pope 'the Ch
(visit the link for the full news article)

[mod edit: fixed title and source link]

[edit on 4-4-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It looks like any kind of critique of the Roman Catholic church and its many indiscretions are now to be passed off as mere "gossip"...

What I do not understand is why aren't those people who attend their services not up in arms about this? Why are they just deferring to a bunch of deviant, power hungry, self serving hypocrites who see their flock as nothing but a means to an end??
If I was RC I would walk out in disgust as I did a few years back at a church I was attending when the pastors sexual activities with the flock came out and was attempted to brush it all under the carpet.... I was quite vocal... Particularly when the pastor preached against homosexuality but was ok about adultery... Coz he was doing loads of it himself....

The sooner Christians start to see themselves as the church.. Their own bodies.... And not some building... And stop giving themselves over to pastors and priests as their shepherds, when Yeshua is ALL the shepherd they will ever need, the better...

I will keep my relationship with God.... The church can screw itself..

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

By declaring it as gossip they simply keep the flock in denial and clear the way for more priests to molest boys in the future.

There has to be an independent inquiry here. The Vatican cannot be trusted to investigate their own. Since when has our society allowed criminals to handle their own prosecution? The conflict of interests is obvious! Why should it be any different for the Vatican?

IRM :shk:

[edit on 4/4/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yeah, religion, especially Christianity is good at denial.

The flock follow the shepard and there are no questions asked. It would probably cause more damage if the Pope actually addressed the issue, as he would be admitting that there is some sort of problem.

Which there is. I don't care who you are, religious or not, but the subject of pedophile priests has been discussed for twe decades now and still nothing has changed.

We have the Priest Protection Program now.

" Find the priest, here's a pedophile, find a priest there's a pedophile. " Don't you ask, don't you tell, you might end up right in hell. "Here's your check, direct from Rome, buy yourself a brand new home, moving around, moving around"

~Keeper

[edit on 4/4/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
yes, i think we will be outta here by september...i can't stand to see any more evil in the name of innocence and a congregation. they that tolerate it are not true

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
G'day All,

The vatican should be held too trial and when found guilty disbanded for all the houndreds of years of evil and death it's caused.

All it's assets taken and given too the poor and hungry around the world.

Oh wow, no more world hunger.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kernoonos

Unfortunately the vatican has never gave a s*** about anything but their own greed and perversion. Throughout history they were up there drinking wine from gold cups with the nobles and preaching to the starving people about morality and god. If a good god exists, a lot of leaders in the vatican throughout history never knew him.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

The current pope was in charge of these "investigations" when he was a cardinal... He brushed it all under the carpet.... So much for the "holy father".... A pedophile enabler is NOT holy anything IMO..... Such fathers are usually put in jail... Why should these guys be any different??.... Those committing, have committed and those who have covered it all up should ALL be in jail....

Now that this has came out how can any catholic parent trust these people with their kids??.... No-way...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
in n.ireland the priests not only run the church but also the schools -childrens homes and youth clubs.. easy excess to children from cradle to adult hood.. these perverts should be banned from having access to any child... i also here rumours that disabled children where abused but the story has yet to break.....

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kernoonos

I for one would love to see how much money this church has... Those of which take a vow of celibacy and POVERTY.... Both vows which have been broken time and again with the exertions of power over the flock who have capitulated and am in no doubt now making excuses for them

This organisation has to be the most blood thirsty and corrupt institution of all time... The true tenets of Christianity abandoned a long time ago and replaced by power hungry deviants..

Like it says in Revelation... "Get out of her My people... Lest you partake of her sins...."

I hope every good Catholic is now having their eyes opened to the church they aligned themselves too...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I smell an "English Democrat". It's not a nice smell. Or at the very least an EDL member.

Religion is an impotent, half-dead and failing monolith. We need to understand this, and understand that religion itself and the institutions that abound it are all defunct by nature.

This 'row' is about defending child abuse. Nothing more. As religion is the most commonly used excuse to defend this abuse, religion should in an ideal world be banned. It won't happen, but hey we can all hope right?

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

i also here rumours that disabled children where abused but the story has yet to break.....
reply to post by fatdad

The strong always prey on the weak... It would not shock me... Which is a disturbing reaction to NOT be surprised by it...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

NOT EDL... NOT English democrat either... Undecided would be a better description... The smell would therefore be emanating from you...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I find it interesting that we both agree that the Catholic Church is an abhorrent monstrosity - yet we come at it from different directions. You want to promote your religious 'version', I wish to highlight ANY obvious fault with the religious process / community (which isn't hard).

If you're not EDL or ED, what are you? Your avatar is highly 'communicative' in this regard and I'm absolutely intrigued now. Surely you cant be BNP?

(EDIT: I notice that you changed your avatar immediately once you'd been sussed. Very interesting indeed!)

Do you not think that the abuse row shown above is nothing but a symptom of the sickening religious process that less and less people in the world subscribe to? Or perhaps it's just something that all religious organisations go through from time to time?

Parallex.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Parallex]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=8487974#pid8487974

This thread shows just how widespread abuse in the name of religion is. You should keep this in mind when proselytizing.

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I changed my avatar because I saw how easily it could be misconstrued that I would be a right wing skinhead, xenophobic moron... So I put my regimental Insignia up instead... Thank you for making me see something that was glaringly obvious

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I do indeed.... Some people express words to control, some express words to set free... That would be the difference...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

I do indeed.... Some people express words to control, some express words to set free... That would be the difference...

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here - can you explain this a bit more for me?

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Do you not think that the abuse row shown above is nothing but a symptom of the sickening religious process that less and less people in the world subscribe to? Or perhaps it's just something that all religious organisations go through from time to time?

I think Christianity was never supposed to be a religion.. Christs teachings actually express that theme over and over again... It was meant to set people free from religious control to freedom of just loving one another... That was the whole thing... However this got hijacked by immoral men who used it and subverted it to secure their grip on the masses... That is plainly obvious.... But that in itself served to quiet the message that Yeshua preached to one of servitude to church and state, when ALL we were meant to do was serve one another...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

I changed my avatar because I saw how easily it could be misconstrued that I would be a right wing skinhead, xenophobic moron... So I put my regimental Insignia up instead... Thank you for making me see something that was glaringly obvious

So the above differentiates you from said morons because you only feel xenophobic towards Palestinians? I'm not accusing you here - just challenging your purported views.

Parallex.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join