It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guilt Awareness Day

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Burbi malkahn

Yepper, your story is pretty common, and I have experienced some of these same situations myself. I have seen this stuff go on, I know it is real.

Too many teachers complaining about how much plumbers make. Too many resentments against high school jocks who went into the trades, and cheerleaders they couldn't hang out with. There is that group that still harbors resentments, looking to rationalize their prejudices.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
I was born white, denied a college scholarship because of racial quotas, was qualified for a position at a local company but denied promotion because of racial quotas.

And you were told this? Perhaps they simply had better qualified candidates

Just sayin'

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I looked forward to the class I am referring to, but after about three weeks, it became obvious what the agenda was, and other students in the discussion groups seemed to feel the same way. I know this goes on.

Yeah, I understand your questioning of the source. Do conservatives really care about this issue, or it is just a good wedge issue, because it is an area where liberals have gone too far IMO.

Edit to add

The course I took was not emotional or ignorant, it was well thought out, very rationalized, which I think think makes it all that much worse.

This whole white privilege stuff is really bad for everyone. Not only is it simply not true, but it will only serve to make things worse by amplifying conflicts and blocking progress.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by poet1b]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

"I think you will find a great many people in agreement that the people who served four years in the military and made grade are usually far more competent than the people who completed four years of college.

How is this type of discrimination allowed, where one group is given exceptional privileges based on their ability to pay their way through college, while those who served their countries and proved their abilities get no recognition for their proof of competence? "

While I agree with your post and admire many others, I can't help but feel that these statements reveal an adoration of the 'Warrior Class".

In the U.S. one group( albeit not a racial one ) is denied the opportunity to serve their countries and prove their abilities. This discrimination ensures exceptional privileges for a majority. The group extending these privileges determines it's own membership.

If we allow recognition for proof of competence. shouldn't everyone be permitted to compete?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Dude, I don't guilt trip, and seldom use the N* word. I hear it alot, though.

All I know is I wouldn't get the Tshirt on that, either.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it.

Yes, I do have some admiration for the warrior class, but even more admiration for the technical, which is what have pursued in my life.

What group are you referring to, that is prevented from serving their country? Maybe you are referring to gender preference, but that is slowly being addressed, and should be changed in my opinion. It might result in shower arrangement changes in boot camp, and some other tricky rules.

There are also people with handicaps and people who made costly mistakes as juveniles. There are always problems.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

sure you can compete. doesn't mean you'll get anywhere with it though. hey you can even win the game and still lose.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
This whole white privilege stuff is really bad for everyone. Not only is it simply not true, but it will only serve to make things worse by amplifying conflicts and blocking progress.

But it IS true. There ARE areas where white people have privileges, special benefits, etc. Denying that is just willful ignorance. But there's "minority privilege", too! Where minorities are treated with privileges and benefits. But they're different privileges.

Unfortunately, most people only see one side or the other. It's important (I believe) for us to open our minds and see that no matter who you are, you likely belong to a group who has some privileges AND some handicaps. Does it all even out in the end? I have no idea. It doesn't really matter to me. MY LIFE is what matters to me.

If everyone would just go along and live their OWN lives, take responsibility for their OWN lives, without demanding the same of everyone else, without sticking their noses into other people's business all the time, we wouldn't be spending all this time worrying about what OTHER people's privileges and handicaps look like.

I swear, people who complain about other people's "privileges" sound like whining, crying babies. Privilege exists. Rich people have privileges. White people have privileges. Minorities have privileges. Young people have privileges. Women have privileges. Men, too! Such is life. Get over it!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

where is this magical place? far as i can tell, the whole country's going down the tubes, and white people who live in it, are the target of increasing racism, even by people of their own race.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Tiger5

i don't think the black people are doing this. i think they're being lead to believe in black supremacy over white people by the infamous illuminati, who know there are too many alphas in the white population and want to have an easily moldable population to work with. if you strip a man of his power, thrust him into poverty, then offer him only one way out of it, he will choose either life as a slave or death as a freeman.

Sorry but I do not believe ion the Illuminati. Why should I? Black people have a few idiot demagogues who keep yapping but honestly most people just work for their money and drink a brew like white people do. There is not secret agenda just a few neanderthal white neocons and the obnoxius people like Sharpton.

Just because black people choose to ignore this demagoge does not mean that they support him.

Someone is seeking to stir up racial strife i feel.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

But this white privilege concept is only true on a micro level, not a macro level. On the macro level it all balances out.

I think it is the people claiming this white privilege concept who are the whiners who refuse to shut up and go about their own business.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Well I agree with you view of discrimination. The other thing about the military is that Black and white are all targets by the enemy combatants. Our guts all churn and wonder if this is the "big mystery tour".

Anyone can discriminate. Meanwhile the elites play us all.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

precisely. and since the track record in the media and in politics, has been to marginalize certain types of people based on things like religion or the lack thereof, sexual preference, gender, and race, you can see why it's not going to be in the favor of white folks when it does explode into violence. it's gonna look just like zimbabwe and south africa. with one crucial difference. the guys at the top, who will be black puppets, will still be run by a handful of white people who sold the rest of the planet down the river, coercing the black population to become unwitting participants in the demise of the entire human race.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
where is this magical place? far as i can tell, the whole country's going down the tubes, and white people who live in it, are the target of increasing racism, even by people of their own race.

That just sounds insane to me. White people complaining about racism. Well, boo-hoo. So, every once in a while, someone says something bad about a white person. Do you have ANY idea what hundreds of years of oppression, racism, degradation and hatred - EVERY single day of your life - to EVERY single member of your family - might feel like? Do you know what it's like to look in the mirror and hate yourself because of the color of your skin? To be suspected of being a thief EVERY time you walk into a store? To be spat upon TODAY because of your race? Your complaining about white people being the target of racism is like complaining about a boo-boo in your knee when the guy beside you is hemorrhaging from the neck. It's just really sickening.

Yes, there are cases of racism against white people. It has happened to me. Welcome to LIFE. Grow up, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get on with it.

You post a video of ONE TIME that someone lost because they were white. Do you have ANY CLUE how many millions of times black people have lost something because they were black? Give me a freaking break! You sound like a little girl.

Originally posted by poet1b
But this white privilege concept is only true on a micro level, not a macro level. On the macro level it all balances out.

As I said, maybe, maybe not. It's impossible to tell. WHY be concerned about it? It's petty.

I think it is the people claiming this white privilege concept who are the whiners who refuse to shut up and go about their own business.

Well, of course you do. That's because you're only looking at one side of it. I'm saying EVERYONE complaining about privilege are whiners and refuse to shut up and go about THEIR lives. Why can you only see one side? Why is only one side wrong and the other side justified, for doing the same thing??

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

it's coming. the big wigs are working the black population into a feeding frenzy

now i'm not saying this should mean people should freak out about black people. what it means is the MEDIA and politicians are deliberately using the black population to force us all into slavery and eventually, to genocide the white people and anyone who resembles white people. in effect, the return of pharaonic egypt.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Your the one doing all the crying.

Maybe you should get over it and move on with your life.

or try a different approach.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Had I typed that with my lisp, there would have been no confusion.

Make no mistake, I too admire those who protect my freedom and my shores. But I fear the mercenary.

I would never question anothers patriotism but it does seem that an education has become the carrot dangling above our enlisting poor.I feel service should be rewarded but ( I can't define how ), it feels as if this could become as divisive as racially (as opposed to economically) leveling the playing field.

I'm sure its radical, but I'd like to see some form of draft. One that people don't have to be "bought" into and more importantly, one where they can't " buy " their way out.

As for White Guilt, Please!
Try living with a Hillbilly accent. I'm a Klansmen as soon as I open my mouth.
Reverse Racism.
I'll keep that in my next time I visit Human Resources to complain about yet another "Aunt Mom, Uncle Dad " joke.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thanks!
The fear of that reaction is what ended my attempt at a "Bluegrass meets crunk" career.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I believe that we should live in a color-blind society.

That being said, why does the US government find it necessary to ask what race members of your household are on the census form.

It is racist to ask the question.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

i've seen both kinds of racism. what concerns me is how one sided it is portrayed in the media, and particularly on the news and in popular songs.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join