It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guilt Awareness Day

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
i have a theory about this. i think what we are looking at, globally, is the push to reinstitute pharaonic egypt. a handful of powerful people, are remaking the social structures on the planet, with the point of eventually having a large group of primarly black men, as their workers (read slaves, who don't know they're slaves). most of the females will be killed in the womb, due to population concerns, and most white people will be genocided. not a pretty picture, and i hope i'm wrong, but this is where all the clues are pointing atm .

first step is to dehumanize the white people, which is typically being achieved by stereotyping on a massive scale, and the sins of the father thing is the fuel that drives it. it's in the popular music, movies, books, magazines. it's a huge set up for specifically this purpose.

here's a video from jeff rense, and although i disagree with him about obama being the illuminati's pharaoh, i do think the rest of his information is extremely important to consider

i do believe this explains the massive increase in racism towards white people

[edit on 5-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Some you guys should actually read the article before criticizing it. The motto of this site is deny ignorance, yet going to a website and reading an article is too much of a challenge for some apparantly

Originally posted by yeahbut
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You are not you slave-owning white ancestors? Are you sure? It is possible that you aren't. But let me tell you, Karma certainly is a b!(@h. This is certainly not your first lifetime, and what you didn't rectify in your last lifetime will certainly get rectified here. In fact it is quite possible you were drawn to this topic in order to state you are not your ancestors in order to acknowledge what your unconcious soul is trying to tell you - that you in fact are a previous slave owner.

You not believing in past lives doesn't mean it isn't true. Of course it might have nothing to do with this, but I suspect it might on a nationwide level.

Isn't it more than ironic that a black man is in charge, representing the scariest oppressed police state (even for you guys) in your history?

I'm white and I've never felt reverse racism - and have always wondered why some white people seem obsessed about it - I think I found my answer - it's not part of my karma.

Apparently in a past life I was a selfish rich power hungry mean SOB who screwed over poorer middleclass people of any color, and used the system to do it...and now I'm on the receiving end of it and it SUCKS...so don't worry, we all have past life karma...

Automatic citizenship for being born in the USA has it's bad side too, no? Hahaha....
Here is the definition of Karma: "the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation. "

I'm pretty sure if you do something bad, you aren't going to come back as a human, you're most likely going to a hell-like realm. That would make sense right?

Also, using reincarnation to justify racism is retarded.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by technical difficulties]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Hi Doc,

I believe ya. Don't you think that you and all these other white people are being played by a group of neo con a**wipes??? Did you read the article? Do you believe this white guilt crap? Why is it that I don't believe it??

Geez! Think people

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I have been denied even being able to apply for a jobs because, I wasn't black.
When I accused them of racism, they claimed no it was what called by theironical name of "REVERSE RACISM"

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

i don't think the black people are doing this. i think they're being lead to believe in black supremacy over white people by the infamous illuminati, who know there are too many alphas in the white population and want to have an easily moldable population to work with. if you strip a man of his power, thrust him into poverty, then offer him only one way out of it, he will choose either life as a slave or death as a freeman.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What our ancesters done hundreds of years ago has nothing to do with the people of today.

If anything, whites are worse off now days.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
The poster who said he didn't get a job because they had to fill a quota is just as bad as a black person saying that something negative that happens to them is "because their black".

Yes. White people can play the race card, too.

I don't know why people are fighting over this. It's really very simple. There's SOME truth to the article and SOME BS. And there's a lot that most of us can agree on:

Whoever wrote this article is giving HER opinion and HER perception. Not FACT.
Racism and discrimination exist today and they are two-way streets.
Playing the race card (no matter what color you are) is a wimp-out.
White people of today have NOTHING to feel guilty about as regards slavery.
Slavery was a nasty business and a dark spot on our history. It SUCKED, but we didn't do it.
Different people have different privileges and advantages. Weighing them against one another is not only fruitless, it's stupid and wastes valuable time and energy.
People are stupid. (I just threw that one in there.)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Thanks for respecting my point of view.

I took a course a few years back at a community college to meet degree requirements for multi-culturalism on racial commications, and the text was, and may still be, "Interracial Communication,, Theory into Practice" by Mark P. Orbe and Tina M. Harris, which taught this whole white privilege racist viewpoint, which claimed that only whites can discriminate.

This college course was one long, shallow work whose only purpose was to rationalize racism against white males. Still to this day it disgusts me that the state school system would sanction such blatant racism. Oh yeah, the grading for the course was completely subjective, where the guy teaching the course could give you whatever grade they desired, no explanations necessary, and it was the largest work load I have ever seen for a class. At the school they had a month designated to celebrate every culture except European culture, unless you count Spanish heritage as representing all of Europe.

Anyone in a position of power can discriminate, and I have seen plenty of it, and been on the wrong end of discrimination several times myself. There are plenty of companies here where I live where the upper management is all white, while all the workers are of various ethnic groups. Each department will be likes its own little country, completely dominated by one particular ethnic group.

There is nothing multicultural about this arrangement. This is a den operating completely along of very active, highly enforced discrimination. This doesn't take place only where I live, there are places all over the glove where this type of ethnically divided environment is set up.

There is in fact a very strong academic community that promotes racism against whites, and for some reason they are embraced by our school systems. This multiculturalism allows white elitists to hide their classist agenda behind academic pretexts. Let's face it, the education system in the U.S. is designed to create class divisions. The whole multi-culturalism concept, which is a nice concept, has instead been twisted into a tool that promotes racism and class division.

I also served in the military, and the course I took in the military were by far the best schools I have ever attended. This is in comparison not only with state ran schools, but the classes offered by many corporations on things like Programmable Logic Controllers.

Most college level courses I have ever attended were badly designed, and often poorly taught. When you are knowledgeable about the subject, and take a course for the credits, it becomes extremely clear that the instructor in completely incompetent, and the course was designed by people who have no clue how the technology works.

Yes most corporations give little to no merit for military courses completed, or even course taught by unions. Why is that?

Personally, I think anyone who completed a four year enlistment program in the military, who attended and graduated a military school, and then proved themselves in that field in the military in the field in which they were trained, earning an E-4, and especially an E-5 designation should be given equal credit to anyone who graduated a 4 year college program, and the same goes for anyone who has completed an apprenticeship program.

I think you will find a great many people in agreement that the people who served four years in the military and made grade are usually far more competent than the people who completed four years of college.

How is this type of discrimination allowed, where one group is given exceptional privileges based on their ability to pay their way through college, while those who served their countries and proved their abilities get no recognition for their proof of competence?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Black-on-black slavery and barbarism existed in Africa before the Western white man ever set foot on The Dark Continent, and it exists there to this day.

Why am i always repeating myself, slavery to those Africans was an entirely different system. I didn't know that the slaves in America were eventually freed after a set amount of years in bondage funny. That was one of the many things that impressed the muslims when they came down.

Let's tell the Truth here for a minute: Non-whites ENVY whites.

And this is why i tend to avoid race topic because someone always says something...stupid. That train is never late. How do you know this..have you taken a poll? Bothered to stop people in the street and asked them questions? Or are you basing that assumption on observation? Or is it just your opinion? Why would non-whites be jealous of whites anyhow?

That quote reminds me of the dribble i read in "Color and Race".

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I am 100% white, meaning polish irish italian, and I have to say living in Boston Massachusetts USA has been no picknick at all for me. All thruout school was always called "white boy" "cracka" "skinhead" anything to undermine what I was. Never once did any Spanish, or black peer of mine get in trouble evin tho they would say it rite in front of a teacher and was clearly pissing me off, i'm not one to let anyone dissrespect me for nuthing and in highschool doing nothing about it made me look like a baby especially arround te friends I had tho I know I could have kept my mouth shut anyway and let them act like imbasil cavemen but I diddnt, so I would call them spick, wetback, gorrila,nigra, the usual and guess what happens, I get in a # load of trouble,almost expeled if I didn't lay the story down the way it really was still got detention and suspensions, this is how we get treated now and to tell you the truth I have no sympathy for these peoples ancestors and what mine MAY have done to them, maybe if they were more civilized and realized that not one white person alive had anything to do with their ancestors hardships, it's not only I school either everywhere I see # making their lives easier and mine more like a slave, I have to pay taxes for these people to live off welfare and foodstamps, then by the time they're 16 they have 2 kids for me to pay more taxes for, some country they complain about they should thank my anscestors and thiers for what we've made some country 300 million strong and we people who have lived here almost years without slavery cant come to terms with each other and live as neigbors.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

the conservative politicians are doing the same thing. if they were really in support of white people, the laws would be balanced so that your race didn't matter when it came to things like welfare, jobs and so on. fact is, they're on the same page as the liberals.

a local pastor came to my house with a flyer, stating they were having a function, in which participants were required to bring tents. the lesson was to learn what its like to be homeless. a crash course in what to expect in the near future, i suppose. once we're homeless, then all that remains are work camps. if i recall, stalin managed to kill some 25 million of his own people in forced work camps. just stuck them out of sight, in the middle of a hostile, freezing territory, and worked them to death.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahbut
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You are not you slave-owning white ancestors? Are you sure? It is possible that you aren't. But let me tell you, Karma certainly is a b!(@h. This is certainly not your first lifetime, and what you didn't rectify in your last lifetime will certainly get rectified here. In fact it is quite possible you were drawn to this topic in order to state you are not your ancestors in order to acknowledge what your unconcious soul is trying to tell you - that you in fact are a previous slave owner.

My family did own slaves actually, and I do believe in past lives. I could have been one of those ancestors I s'pose, or someone worse...

I agree that we are often drawn to circumstances that are karma-cly(so-to-speak) tied, or even just reminiscent of past life scenarios. But, sometimes it's just our up-bringing or social conditioning in this life. My grandmother for example, would often say that her family fought on the 'Right' side of the civil war, and that the 'Right' side lost. I disagreed vehemently, which may be part of why I am 'drawn to this'. Simple psychology. Just a thought.

Within the Karma cycle (and I feel that your own outlined understanding encompasses this possibility as well), isn't it just as likely that someone could be 'drawn to this subject' because they were once a slave? In fact, isn't it just as likely that one could have been all of the above--slave owner, slave, or even slave trader at various times in the past? There is no telling how/where/or when, someone's past Karma has (already) played out. I find it extraordinarily arrogant to even imply (because you are) that you somehow do.

As an aside, I also find it interesting (as well as hypocritical, and frankly disturbing) that anyone would attempt to illicite feelings of shame and guilt in others based on race with a religious paradigm. I guess it's worked for organized religions throughout the eons to manipulate the masses. Truly a versatile tool. You can apply it pretty much anywhere. Just goes to show, we are products of our conditioning after all. I feel it's a classic cheap shot.

Moving on... Bigots are bigots no matter what, and they are present in every skin color. I have been judged negatively for my skin color, and defended by friends who would not tolerate racism directed at white, blonde me. So there are decent people who oppose bigotry in any 'race' as well. Long story short, people are people, and the sort of subtle social conditioning outlined in the article just encourages people to judge others based on color.

So, I happen to agree with the article in the premise that this social phenomenon exists at least. I would have liked more details in exactly 'how' these students were made to feel 'guilty'. Or at least, what the author was interpreting as that intention.

There is this 'white-guilt', aspect entertwined in the curriculum's of many universities in this country. To varying degrees. I, think it is a social pendulum effect-cum-trend worth noting. It's interesting to me (and I feel also indicative) that the only race based socio-economic bracket that it's currently 'PC' to openly deride in the American (at least) media is poor and white. Think about it...

Some academics take this circular logic even further to simply encompass 'human guilt'. But that (and how all of this ties together) is another thread I s'pose.

I also agree with other posters that this thread is racially charged by it's very subject matter. If you can't discuss a subject that acknowledges that we are different colors and cultures without becoming so emotionally overwhelmed that you can't actually 'discuss' anything without vomiting out a string of your own racially charged rhetoric, then you're simply contributing to this cycle.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I just have to laugh when I read such utter nonsense.

How did my white privilege help my kids with college scholarships? (I was told by a college official that my son was white listed.) He graduated 5th in his high school but didn't quality for any scholarships because he was white. In a strange but true twist of fate, he would tutor an unrepresented minority who got a full ride scholarship but had trouble with his classes) But in-spite of this privilege, he is now gainfully employed.

Does my white privilege pay my mortgage? That's right I still have to work for a living.

Does my white privilege pay my taxes? No, I have to pay far more than seems reasonable so others can be tax recipients.

If you believe in this tripe, you deserve to feel guilty. I don't sit around wasting time hating anyone or feeling guilty about my life. I've got too much to do and too many bills to pay. ( I forgot, paying bills is just a part of white privilege. )

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
All I have to say is I am now embracing my cracker-ness white self. And everything that goes along with. I refuse to feel guilt because I am busting my hump making my way up in the world by taking classes online so that I can get ahead, I refuse to be subservant, out of guilt, or lack of opportunity, nor anything else!!!! I say "POO POO" I will never again feel I am NOT entitled to a standard of living I want because someone over a century ago, who may have or may not have been related to me traded or owned slaves, I don't owe any race anything, but except for what I owe every human being, respect and dignity, beyond that, I will not kiss your Buttocks, nay, I will be standing firm in my principles, If you want a brown-noser, then you'll not find one in me, if you want respect, you will treat me in kind, otherwise, you will know it when you have made me angry, and no matter what color/race/creed you are, I will tell you honestly what I think of you. Too bad if you don't like it, move on to the people who still have the white guilt! Or a brown-noser, because if you think you'll get anything outta me, you're barking up the wrong tree!!!!

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

it isn't charged, it's truthful. it's gotten that bad.

here's the president of the united states of america, referring to his white grandmother as a "typical white person." it's mind boggling that he believes there's a "typical" anything, much less something as divisive as that.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'm not sure what community college you went to but I took Interracial Communications and I found the class not only interesting but extremely informative. We learned about different cultures language barriers, the differences in non-verbal communication in different countries etc. The whole class revolved around communication and thats it. Nobody was taught to feel superior or to feel guilty for what color their skin was. It was a great class...

However, we had two feminist women professors teach the class who were actually partners, so they were completely against any kind of discrimination from the get go. So I guess I was lucky to have two great professors. I guess what I am trying to get at is not all teachers in the school systems are bad.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

That depends greatly upon the teacher. I had courses like this one, when I was still a polysci major... When the prof. is a unrepentant 60's lib...nearly everything is the fault of the "white devil"...her words, not mine. Though, in her defense, it made for interesting exchanges, between her and the "white devils" in the class room...

You seem to have lucked out, and got a teacher who actually looks at both sides of an issue. Congrats!!, may you continue to have such good fortune.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
I took Interracial Communications and I found the class not only interesting but extremely informative.

The best of both worlds. A good teacher, teaching from an unbiased position and students who go into the class with CURIOSITY instead of a suspicious attitude.

That's the way it should be, but unfortunately, some teachers are saying things like "white devil"
(like I said, people are stupid) or the students (like the writer of the article in the OP, I believe) who are already putting up a guard before they walk in the door, just because of the name of the class.

There's no way I can know for sure, but I'd make a wager that this chick in the OP had a chip on her shoulder the size of small automobile before hearing the FIRST thing about the class.

Caroline Rushing sounds like a loud mouthed activist and spoiled brat, pushing her ideals on everyone else.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

The funny thing is the community college I went to is normally a pretty decent community college.

Did you use the same text book identified in my last post?

It sounds like the course you took sounds very different from the course I took. The main topic was dealing with people who are different than you, and it was primarily about group interactions.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I swear to god BH... That's exactly how she phrased it...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join