It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guilt Awareness Day

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
White guilt? Yeah. White as the toilet paper I wipe my rear end with. And kept just as long, thank you.

This article was rubbish from the first sentance.

Give me a break.

The facts speak for themselves. Slavery happened. The Holocaust happened.

Bad things happen-- in the past and right now.

But I'm not involved with those things. Or at least if I am, I don't know about it; certainly wouldn't be if I could help it. My family is no more blessed with privledge than any other person on ATS. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Guilt? For being homeless for two years of my youth, with my mother and youngest brother? For working my tail-side off to have anything? For working two jobs to afford to go to College? (That's right- COLLEGE, not University, thank you.)

As a white woman, I've lucky to have never been in a position where I've been judged by the colour of my flesh for a job, or school, or where I live. (And it's not as though I've always lived in places where everyone's the same colour/background.)

Hah. I've been judged by where I'm FROM, how I speak, how I dress, how I behave and what my education was. Absolutely.

I've been judged as a responsible adult. I'm expected to take responsibility for my actions and mine alone!

Never will I feel guilty for something that any of my long-dead-and-gone family members did, thank you. And I would hope that others would have the sense to know that they aren't responsible for what others have done, either!

Twenty years from now, I want my little girl to feel zero guilt whatsoever for what she is, where she was born, who she was related to, or what those relations that she never met, ever did.

It's only a shame that such hateful people will always exist to make sure that someone feels guilty over something they didn't have anything to do with.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yeah, I've been from the mountain summit to the seventh level of poverty in my life. Never stole, never borrowed, never begged, but I did work until my bones ached...

I'm white and I lived like a goddamned carny fugitive for a couple of years back in the 90s. FYI most traveling carnivals are comprised of fugitives of justice, everything from murderers to junkies to carjackers to pickpockets and more. Cross a carny and he'll bury you out in the woods, then go right on tending his ferris wheel, right.

Anyway, I lived a pretty low life during that time and I emerged from Fate's anus a better and stronger person.

Problem is, there's a whole world of whiners and have-nots out there who don't have the fekking guts to work out their problems themselves; rather, they rely on Big Daddy Gubbmint to come clear the path and pay the rent and feed the kids and fill up the tank and sign the monthly check.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/4/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Not surprising how the major message behind the article is being overlooked by some members. Also, unsurprising that some people implied I am probably a "right-wing extremist". Even less surprising is the knee-jerk reaction from certain members to reinforce why I should feel bad for being born with white skin!

Why is it socially acceptable to stereotype "whites" but doing so to any other group or race is called racism and bigotry? Why do White people have to be exclusively singled out and condemned for actions people with the same colour skin did in the past?

Do Asian people suffer a guilt trip because the Triads or Yakuza have taken part in some heinous crimes in the last 50 years?

Do Black people suffer a guilt trip because Robert Magabe slaughtered White farmers in Zimbabwe?

Are coloured people in South Africa demonised for the increasing amount of violence perpetrated against South Africans with pale skin?

[edit on 4/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm white and I feel no guilt at all. I refuse to feel guilty for what any white man or woman did......because I didn't do it. Every man, no matter what color, is held accountable for his own actions. I have respected black people all my life, even when it was popular not to in certain situations of peer pressure. I also get screwed royally on a daily basis by white people even now. I would hardly say I am privledged as even the blacks where I live have nicer homes and nicer things than I do. I refuse to take the wrap for a bunch of dead politcal hacks and I won't. Color is an excuse for anyone who uses it just to get benefits or to make people feel guilty for something that happened when we weren't even alive yet. If you do pick on black people then you are just an a$$. Those who still treat black people as inferior are just weak, hateful people and they really only hate themselves. I bet if you ripped the skin off of that person they would still be the same a$$. We are people and that's that. If you are a black person and you are looking for reperations for a horrid time inwhich you didn't exist...you should also be ashamed as you did not have to endure what your ancestors did and the fact that we have a black president and a previous secretary of state that was colored can attest that we have come about as far as we will in equality, so drop it already unless YOU YOURSELF have been a victim of white hate. I know I have.....and I am white and guilt free. I have also been a victim of hate from black people and latinos as well. I still don't hate the whole race because of it and I certainly don't expect them to feel guilty unless they were the ones who did it.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It's all about dominance. The NWO continually keeps humanity believing it's inferior. Playing one group against another or against themselves. A white man today, may have been a slave or an Indian in their past life. Today everyone is an equal victim of Jesuit manipulations. Kings and "Royalty" exist to sucker people into thinking they are not kings of their own domain but inferiors. In a republic, we are all the kings of our domain and above governments. All powers reside in the people. The NWO wants their servants to view humanity as property to be managed not as their superiors to be obeyed. Judges, lawyers, politicians, cops are all be abused into believing the people are nothing but cattle.

Causes such as this are nothing but psyops to degrade and divide. Keeping people at their own and each others throats keeps people from respecting themselves and humanity.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Funny thing about White Guiltness. I don't know which part of me to hate. The Seneca part or the northern European part.

Those bastidge white guys. Those bastidge Indians.

Meanwhile, Grandma, I love you. And I respect that you loved the whitest man on earth and married him.

Seriously, I am only accountable for what I do, and nothing anyone else does causes me to feel guilt.

If anyone wants to talk about slavery of Africans by Europeans, umm........none of my ancestors from Ireland, Scotland, Poland and Austria, owned slaves at anytime during my family's history in the U.S. And I am proud of that.

I have a friend who lives in Atlanta, Georgia. She is proud to be from the south. By the way, she is sort of black. Not "Mandingo" black. More of a tempting and delicious mocha black.
And when I told her I was glad my family didn't orginate from the south of the U.S., she was insulted. lol. I said, "Because, if I was from the South, I would be more likely to have ancestors who owned black slaves." And she told me, "That is just silly. You never owned slaves. What's your ancestors' actions have to do with you?"

By the way, my friend calls herself a "woman of color". And I asked her,well, what does that make me? She said, "A white boy."
And I said, "Whew! I thought that might make me a man of no color."
She also refers to herself as an "ethnic" person. So I asked her,"what does that make me?" She said, "A white boy."

This stuff cracks me up!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
It's all about dominance. The NWO continually keeps humanity believing it's inferior. Playing one group against another or against themselves. A white man today, may have been a slave or an Indian in their past life. Today everyone is an equal victim of Jesuit manipulations. Kings and "Royalty" exist to sucker people into thinking they are not kings of their own domain but inferiors. In a republic, we are all the kings of our domain and above governments. All powers reside in the people. The NWO wants their servants to view humanity as property to be managed not as their superiors to be obeyed. Judges, lawyers, politicians, cops are all be abused into believing the people are nothing but cattle.

Causes such as this are nothing but psyops to degrade and divide. Keeping people at their own and each others throats keeps people from respecting themselves and humanity.

Now this guy has it right.It is divide and conquer and also..... I'll say it because everyone else is afraid "to go there". It is also an excuse to keep getting benefits using guilt for something that your race or creed or sex may have done to the said complainers (sex or ancestors) in the past. Feminists also use this tactic claiming that they are still not on equal footing with men when clearly they have surpassed us in benefits in jobs and money by a long shot. I challenge any man to go out into his town this next week (wherever he is) and go into several businesses and compare the ratio of men and women in charge of the businesses, this counts managers as well. Try it. I can almost hear the hooves stampeding towards me as we speak and they will tell you that this is not true, but it doesn't take a brainiac to just look around and see who's holding all the high positions in businesses and who statistically gets fired MUCH less than men in a recession. Who is it that wins 90% of all alimony and child support cases in court? If they don't win these cases it's usually only because they have a drug problem and the better cadidate would HAVE TO be the man. Who get's help if they are sexually harassed at work and if a man does it he get's fired, but if a woman does it she just gets a warning (I know this happened to me just recently)... the man has to just suck it up and deal with it. Women also have the feminist organization to fight for them and to harrass any company who makes them (women) look bad, for instance, several commercials I know of had to remove content of minimal sexual suggestion or something that would show a woman in a "less than desirable" light, meanwhile, women get to make any commercial they want such as the commecial where the woman on the Philly commercial gets to degrade men by having her own personal MAN SERVANT! What if a man had a commercial that had a woman as a slave type servant? Yep....feminists would be sueing. I even saw a late commercial where two women were discussing a phone service and one mentioned that the size of her ex-boyfriend was of minimal size (you know what i am referring to). If a man had done that there would be heii to pay because of the organization that protects women. You see? Who says that they are still not on equal footing with men yet have their own organization to protect them even from minimal dinigrating content? Where is the organization for men to protect us from their onslaughts? That's right.....we clearly don't complain enough, because we have nothing. Men are so scared of women these days that they just agree with everything they say like cowards and that's why they keep getting away with it. So clearly it is not equal between men and women..women get everything these days while men get screwed and it's all because they continue to complain about how men treated them before the womens suffrage movement. It doesn't matter who you are or what color....just complain and say that what IS happening IS NOT and the world full of idiots will just nod and agree and toss all of their money at you and go home and whip themselves for what their ancestors did. It's all just the same ol song and dance over and over.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I live in Atlanta. I am white (Pink actually). I was fired from a job 20 years ago when I became pregnant. I was actually given a letter stating I was fired because I was pregnant. I took the case to the EEOC here in downtown Atlanta. I presented my case and I was told ( By a black attorney) that I would not win a descrimination suit because I was white. I was told to drop it so I did. It is not right in the year 2010 to be biast against any race. I am so very tired of paying for the sins of my forefathers. Is this how it feels to be German?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Ok so a lot of terrible things happened in the past... Ok get over it. It's in the past. There's not one living african american who can say they personally felt the effects of slavery. The "slavery card doesn't work anymore. Were living here and now. Lets move on already.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's a good article, i don't agree with everything in it mind, but still.

I currently live inLiverpool, UK which is home to the World Slavery Museum, so while i was in school only a few years ago we were taught a lot on Slavery etc. and have to agree that looking back on the 'teaching' it seems like a massive guilt trip. whether it was supposed to come across that way or not.

Being honest, I won't bear the since of our forefathers.
I by no means condone what they did but i'll argue the toss for weeks with anyone who says 'i'm to blame for slavery', because our ancestors were so shortsighted and barbaric.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
When a person has gone as far in life as possible, achieved as much as they can on their own...and are still unhappy with their status, often they resort to demonizing others. Some people would rather bring someone down, because it is easier than bringing yourself up and putting in that effort.

No one deserves a hand out. It is supposed to be "equal" rights...not "special" rights. Society today preaches, and rewards "get" instead of "achieve". You see so many people who believe they are owed something, just for being alive. It is truly sad.

In my opinion, if more people understood "work ethic", achievement and the feeling of accomplishment, we would have less of society on welfare and meds. I just can't understand why anyone would want to be a taker when they could relish in their own successes...even though it requires effort. Failure and "falling on hard times" are some important character builders...character...another dying creature.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I love being White and all the privelages that go with it.

The secret handshakes we have, the trees we plant that produce money, the BMWs we are given with our birth certificates, the free ties and suit jackets with comped meals at any 4 star restaurant, the time machines we have in our closets (the rainbow making machines are better IMO) how our urine can cure cancer (but they don't know it yet, how we all are going to get rewarded with the big secret prize (I know, I'm not supposed to mention the prizes...okay I'll shut up), the secrets our parents tell us about "lasers" when we turn 11, the "congrats on your whiteness" booklets we get to learn from as toddlers.

What other race gets magic pens?? NOBODY does, that's who. HAHAHAHA

No other race knows how to invoke the Spirit of Snorgletop....haha..they don't even know who He is.

Yep, all these bonuses rock. I wouldn't trade being white for anything. It's so fun, who wouldn't want to be this? I wake up everyday and laugh because I crap gold coins and others don't.

Do I feel guilty? Sometimes...but I'm white....who cares.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
LOL...really...they told you you were denied because of racial quotas? And the company didn't hire you and told you the reason was because of racial quotas?

Do some research. People with a high GPA have been denied slots at some colleges because they were filled by minorities that have a lower GPA.

en.wikipedia.org...

Individuals have been denied positions at work because the company was directed to hire "X" number of minorities, so the white guy that scored higher was told to hit the road. I know it's happened when states hired fire fighters in the past.

I think you are lying.

I think you just didn't want to do any research.

I never said it never happens...I am saying that the guy who posted it is lying about it personally happening to him.

No company is going to tell you that you didn't get hired because of them having to fill a minority quota.

That post was to just attempt to bring a personal touch to this topic.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
i am white and very proud. you see i have endured and successfuly delt w/ racism from almost evry ethnicity. as long as ppl have free will there will be racism in one form or an other. end of story and deal with it.-peace

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by xBWOMPx
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

but u would believe it if a black guy said it!
now that is racist!

Really...I would? Would you like to quote me somewhere where I said that?

The poster who said he didn't get a job because they had to fill a quota is just as bad as a black person saying that something negative that happens to them is "because their black".

Both cases are stupid...as are the people saying them.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I am white, I have a great job, a loving wife, and I am damn proud of my heritage! My grandfather came to America seeking to make an honest living, something in which he succeeded in doing. My father worked in the oil and gas fields his whole life, making sure my sisters and myself never went without. Now it is my turn, I am making a life for my family and myself with my own sweat and blood just like the rest of the men in my family. We need no handouts or patronage from any person. We have always and will always have what is needed. I will never be ashamed for my heritage or for the fact that I am white!

If anyone ever told me to my face that I should be ashamed for the color of my skin, I would simply ask....Why? My family has never taken from anyone, my family has never owned a slave. My family came here in the early 1900's from Ireland. All grandpa had was a sack of cloths and a bottle of whiskey. There were no slaves or 10 y/o sneaker makers stuffed into that sack!!! We have taken from no one, and I'll be damned if anyone takes from me.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I was born white, denied a college scholarship because of racial quotas, was qualified for a position at a local company but denied promotion because of racial quotas.

LOL...really...they told you you were denied because of racial quotas? And the company didn't hire you and told you the reason was because of racial quotas?

I think you are lying.

Maybe you just weren't smart enough and weren't qualified enough for the scholarship and job.

you don't seriously believe what you just typed....do you???

Eh? But the article states that as a white male, he is more privileged. Has must get the job and the scholarships, or the article is a load of UTTER BUNK.

Thanks for playing

Unless.... you're implying that non-whites are just as capable of achieving on their own merit as us pesky white folk?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Now, tell us how you feel.

Wonderful!

I just got my new KKK membership card and complimentary hood.

There was a box of matches hidden away inside it too, those crafty crafty men.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZenaV
Oh, boo hoo. What don't ya cry about it saddle-bags. Whites are full of a bunch of whiners and boasters as well as theives. Sure I've got a lot of that blood but I also have blood of the natives of America, Choctaws. And when they started invading here they were theivin' and killing us Indians. As well as marrying Indian ladies to take their property. Guess I had one of those white ancestor theives. Makes me feel sick. If I could go back in time and whop his behind, I surely would. Better study our Civil War history. There's still anger that is righteous over your ancestor's acts...not that that Civil war is over!
Happy Easter. Hope Jesus returns soon and he will defend the righteous...not the liars!

Lol the irony of your anger.... if you could go back in time and vent your anger on that white thief who took your bloodline, you would deny your very own existence. You would not be who you are today, full of anger and rage, and the desire to go back and kill someone.

Irony....

TO despise your own reality so much that you'd change it and never be born...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Remember that in life, you either choose to be a victim or not. It's funny that when you stop feeling like the misery in your own life is the fault of others, that you truly start to grow. When you drop all the guilt in your life, admit your mistakes and take the actions to right the wrongs that you have commited, your life really takes off. This thread is a good time to remember the words of D. H Lawrence.

Self-pity

I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

David Herbert Lawrence

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join