It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guilt Awareness Day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I feeel the guilt of my idiot ancestors for enslaving a race of people. that was never the right thing to do well treated or not. But, to demand anyone to pay reparations is in the wrong as well. If we all did it England would owe us and we would owe the Native Americans. They easily got the biggest of all shafts in my book.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Read 'White Gold'.

It is the authenticated history that is Hidden, of the White Slave trade.
It tells how well over a million, no one knows the true figures, potentially higher as the slavers were not great record keepers, and at least 100,000 white people were kidnapped and enslaved from the United Kingdom coasts and European coasts.

The slavers were Arabs and of the Muslim faith.

If someone tells you that YOU should feel guilty for being white, point them to the direction of this book.

Being white, I feel neither less, nor more than a person of colour, but simply equal.
However, it often feels that they do not have the same respect as I accord to them and I and my family, who are now of a white 'underclass' in that the law does NOT protect us any more, must suffer for an ill that was practiced hundreds of years ago.

All being equal, and Karma being Karma, we should all consider our respect for eachother.....and soon before we drown in lies of those who manufacture them.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure that there is an actual concerted effort to enforce the idea of white guilt, but I have taken a class that required we read two books detailing how privileged white's are in general and white males specifically. The book and the class went to great lengths to explain how if you are white, and especially if you're a white male, you belong to a special privileged group and subconsciously see every one else as beneath you.

And should you try to deny that you get any special privileges simply by being born with pale skin, you're promptly shown how wrong you are because society believes you are privileged because of skin color therefore you are privileged. Society believes you are privileged because you're male, therefore you are privileged. It doesn't really matter if you ever actually receive any benefits from this assumed privilege, since society believes you are privileged that's all that matters. Even if you're a white male who lives in a run-down house, can't afford to feed yourself let alone a family, can't walk down the street without cops thinking you're up to something, and can't find a job to save your life, society believes you are privileged therefore you are.

The fact that you are not privileged in any way doesn't matter. And it's only because you are privileged that you have the ability to claim you aren't privileged. In fact, denying your privileged life only confirms exactly how privileged you are. It's a never ending circle and a load of nonsense that I was expected to believe without question. Needless to say, my professor didn't appreciate me not believing every word of that book and instantly feeling saddened and ashamed of my skin coloring and sexual orientation.

In case anyone is wondering, the book is "Privilege, Power and Difference". It's not available for free online anywhere, I looked, but it's up for sale everywhere if you'd like the privilege of being told just how privileged you really are. Personally I don't recommend it unless you're in need of a good brainwashing, but it's there should anyone want to read it. I thought I still had it around here somewhere and was going to scan some pages to link up but I apparently managed to sell it to some poor unsuspecting soul not long after I took the class because I can't find it.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
One of my first friends was black, most of my friends are of different ethnic backgrounds. I am not racist, but get upset where I say something about someone of a different race and I am.

My grandparents are racist they wouldn't let my sister play in a fountain because there were black kids playing in it. I'm working with them on it.

I do not own slaves. Nor did my ancestors, they are from czech-republic for the most part.

Why is a joke that was made about Obama racist, even though the same joke was made about Bush.

I have not had a luxurious life, nor was I treated any better, I did not complain however and worked hard to get where I am.

All other races can have secluded groups, white people try and they are racist.

Why do people of different ethnicities get chosen before me in college and jobs, even if there qualifications are worse then mine.

I do understand that cops are harder depending on where you live, not color of skin. If the pizza guy wont deliver the pizza because he has already been robbed at gun point, it is probably because it is a bad neighborhood.

What I am trying to say is this, white people are treated just as bad as others in some aspects, but we do not go around pulling the race card. We don't think we are owed anything, instead we, like most people regardless of race, work hard to get where we are.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Isn't it funny when someone wants me to feel guilty because of my skin color? Wow, if I told someone to do that I'd be a racist.

I'm white, not guilty about it either. In fact, our white ancestors founded this country called America--and even though we've had our problems, we've also corrected some of them. People of all colors here are free and have the same equal opportunities. I hate hyphenated titles like 'African American', 'Latino American', etc. No, we're AMERICANS. Hyphenated titles cause division and alienation, not unification. That's one of the problems with so-called political correctness, a cancer in our society.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Historical facts are undeniable in terms of conquest and exploitation by white men. Let not guilt enter into the situation - for what purpose does it serve? Some self-flagellation ritual or rending of clothes in despair?
Supposedly some of my ancestors were pre-colonial slave traders, but I can't feel guilty because of their actions, it's just not my guilt to bear.

gj

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Oh, boo hoo. What don't ya cry about it saddle-bags. Whites are full of a bunch of whiners and boasters as well as theives. Sure I've got a lot of that blood but I also have blood of the natives of America, Choctaws. And when they started invading here they were theivin' and killing us Indians. As well as marrying Indian ladies to take their property. Guess I had one of those white ancestor theives. Makes me feel sick. If I could go back in time and whop his behind, I surely would. Better study our Civil War history. There's still anger that is righteous over your ancestor's acts...not that that Civil war is over!
Happy Easter. Hope Jesus returns soon and he will defend the righteous...not the liars!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't feel guilty for being white. Nor do I feel guilty for what white people have done in the past.

Anyone that implies that you should feel guilty is an asshole of the first order.

I don't buy into that politically correct BS, and when liberals try to give me that line I tell them to get bent.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Someone wants me to feel guilty about being white?

How bout kiss my ass.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

The article is nothing more than politically slanted nonsense.

Quote from :

Human Events : White Guilt Awareness Day : Leading Conservative Since 1944

1) Most hair stylists know how to work with your hair.

So, I'm supposed to feel guilty, because my barber can cut my hair, and not another race's?

Baloney, that's the barber's fault, for not keeping up with society.

Not mine, I'm not privileged, I'm white, and have zero racist tendencies.

I get my hair cut at the cheapest place possible because I'm not wasting my money.

Period.

Quote from :

2) You can choose blemish cover or “flesh” color bandages that more or less match your skin tone.

So, I'm supposed to feel guilty, because of "flesh" colored bandages?

Baloney, that's the corporation's fault, for not keeping up with society.

I buy the cheapest Band Aid's because I see no sense in wasting money on something that will heal naturally within a few days, and sometimes I use super-glue instead.

Period.

Quote from :

3) You have never been asked if you are the hired help.

So, I'm supposed to feel guilty, because someone is confused for hired help?

Baloney, that's ignorant people who do not ask questions fault, for not keeping up with society.

Sorry, I have worked in the food service/service industry for 16 years now(2, 3, and 4 jobs at once, 25 years experience), I am the hired help, most of the time, but I carry myself as someone not to be messed with.

Period.

Sorry, the article is full of crap, period.

It is the false paradigm of white verses black, rich verses poor, Republican verses Democrat, that is at fault, and those politician's who constantly use that as a divisiveness point in order to use their demographics, to get funding.

Period.

I'm neither Republican nor Democrat, registered Independent, period.

I'm neither "left-wing" nor "right-wing", I see both sides quite clearly, period.

I'm neither privileged nor poor, I'm currently homeless, but I have a car, period.

When I see a human being with a different skin color, I still see a human, and a human only, but know they may have to had gone through detrimental ignorance due to their race, because of ignorant people, of all races.

I did not pick to be born white, sorry, out of my control.

I did not pick to be born American, sorry, out of my control.

I did not pick to be born period, sorry, out of my control.

I do however pick exactly what I do and do not think, that is in my control, period.

I see anyone who tries to use race, as a means to force guilt, or anything else, as ignorant.

Racism, reverse-racism, and racial blackmail are ignorant, period.

Blackmail : Keep Your Friends Close, Keep Your Enemies Closer, The Threat of Subversion Through Fear

I grew up having friends of many different races, and I always thought people on both sides of the racial issues need to get over themselves, period.

I went to Australia three times, the first time, meeting a white Aussie female, she pointed out every time we passed an Aborigine, "there's a black".

I ignored it at first, because I did not understand, and thought it was significant to her.

After the second or third time, I asked her what exactly was her point.

Her reply was she thought I might want to know.

I told her that was the most ignorant thing I had ever heard since I could care less.

During school, the white kids were my problem, because of their ignorance's.

And I'm white.

Personally, I believe the Native American's got the raw end of the deal, because of ignorance, of Government, and of those "entitled" settlers, period.

Sorry, not buying it, people are people, and ignorance comes from all races, period.

If I were alive during Martin Luther King Jr.'s time I would have marched with him.

Not because he was black and oppressed but because he was human facing ignorance.

Deny Ignorance.

Martin Luther King "I Have A Dream"

Racism : Self-Empowerment or Being an Ignorant Bully, and Suppressing Freedom

[edit on 4-4-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
the act of just writing this article is racist, the majority of white people are not racist and they have to put up with hardships just like the rest of the country. they say white people are racist, but saying that all white people are racist is just as bad as saying that all African Americans steal things.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is what schools teach by skipping out on world history. Instead of learning it was Africans that started selling slaves to Islamic groups who brought the practice to Europe(like the moors into spain). Who then labeled the Amerindian people savages to enslave them. It was majorly white nations that first outlawed slavery. The complete history of slavery should be taught to level the field. I remember every year having a white teacher teaching of slavery putting on a repulsed act, they didn't realize they where showing weakness and angry individuals jump on that.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by gougitousakusha]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
First they want their own TV show [BET]

Then they want a month in honor to black martyr's

Where's our month in honor to white martyr's?

Where's our own TV show?

Why am I the victim of racial slurs when I walk through black communities?

Are they really still mad about slavery? Blacks sold blacks to whites. . Why are we to blame for slavery?

[edit on 4-4-2010 by BiGGz]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I fall to the "right: on this issue

I am all for allowing discrimination to be a form of legal recourse, work place and otherwise.

I am not, however very keen on the government setting pre determined quotas, etc...

I think WE have finally passed the point where this serves as a good public policy and
I think AT THIS POINT it perpetuates the idea of racial divide.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
LOL...really...they told you you were denied because of racial quotas? And the company didn't hire you and told you the reason was because of racial quotas?

Do some research. People with a high GPA have been denied slots at some colleges because they were filled by minorities that have a lower GPA.

en.wikipedia.org...

Individuals have been denied positions at work because the company was directed to hire "X" number of minorities, so the white guy that scored higher was told to hit the road. I know it's happened when states hired fire fighters in the past.

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I think you are lying.

I think you just didn't want to do any research.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm a white heterosexual male and i hold no sense of guilt what so ever over slavery or any other such acts committed in the past. I had no part in it and i will never accept any responsibility for something i did not do. I treat everyone I meet equally until they prove they are not worthy of my respect. Anyone who judges someone based on skin color is a moron. To teach young white children to hate themselves for what they did not do and would never do(majority aren't racist and view everyone equally)is a crime in itself.

Its about rich and poor, those who have it and those who go without. That's all its about now a days.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Gakus]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZenaV
Oh, boo hoo. What don't ya cry about it saddle-bags. Whites are full of a bunch of whiners and boasters as well as theives. Sure I've got a lot of that blood but I also have blood of the natives of America, Choctaws. And when they started invading here they were theivin' and killing us Indians. As well as marrying Indian ladies to take their property. Guess I had one of those white ancestor theives. Makes me feel sick. If I could go back in time and whop his behind, I surely would. Better study our Civil War history. There's still anger that is righteous over your ancestor's acts...not that that Civil war is over!
Happy Easter. Hope Jesus returns soon and he will defend the righteous...not the liars!

Its amazing how much racism you can spew in one post and yet not have it deleted. You are a RACIST.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZenaV

You are quite possibly the biggest racist on this thread.

And because your ancestors did what they did doesn't give you the right to bash others.

Edit, If you have a problem with your ancestors, find their graves and spit on them. Will you do that? I doubt it!

[edit on 4-4-2010 by johnnyhashplant]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

First of all, when you post an article and have to explain how people should interpret it, before they read it; you might be over compensating for fact that the article is what you are attempting to say it is not. The article clearly states that the views the author is countering are from the left, several times.

If the author has attended a diversity day and comes out with the feelings expressed in this article; then that shows a lot about their mind set in this world. This author has a unique way of interpreting the lessons which were being taught that day. Universities have students from many different backgrounds; I am certain that some students learned important lessons about the backgrounds of people they didn't not have around in their hometowns. The lessons these students learned that day will only help them with their success in the real world.

The advantages which the author lists in the article don't even scratch the surface to the problems which minorities face. Those are the sugar coated examples the author lists to downplay the real problems which minorities face. (If those are the only ones she picked up on then maybe she needed to pay closer attention)

These are real problems which minorities face.

1. Having the police follow you home because they think you are in the wrong neighborhood
  2. Wondering if a relationship is going to last because you’re not sure that your significant others parents are going to accept you
  3. Worrying about how teachers or other students are going to treat your children in school because they don’t look like everybody else

Nobody told this girl that she should go to diversity day and feel guilty. If she does go to diversity day and starts to feel guilty, then maybe there is some sort of connection that should be made.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You are not you slave-owning white ancestors? Are you sure? It is possible that you aren't. But let me tell you, Karma certainly is a b!(@h. This is certainly not your first lifetime, and what you didn't rectify in your last lifetime will certainly get rectified here. In fact it is quite possible you were drawn to this topic in order to state you are not your ancestors in order to acknowledge what your unconcious soul is trying to tell you - that you in fact are a previous slave owner.

You not believing in past lives doesn't mean it isn't true. Of course it might have nothing to do with this, but I suspect it might on a nationwide level.

Isn't it more than ironic that a black man is in charge, representing the scariest oppressed police state (even for you guys) in your history?

I'm white and I've never felt reverse racism - and have always wondered why some white people seem obsessed about it - I think I found my answer - it's not part of my karma.

Apparently in a past life I was a selfish rich power hungry mean SOB who screwed over poorer middleclass people of any color, and used the system to do it...and now I'm on the receiving end of it and it SUCKS...so don't worry, we all have past life karma...

Automatic citizenship for being born in the USA has it's bad side too, no? Hahaha....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join