It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guilt Awareness Day

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by poet1b

Our community colleges are teaching people that only whites can discriminate, and that whites succeed due to white privilege. Earlier in the thread I identified the college text that teaches this prejudice as if it were legitimate. "Interracial Communication", by Orbe and Harris, look it up.

We talk about this issue here because it needs to be exposed for the lie that it is. As long as people keep insisting this nonsense is true, the hostilities between races will continue to boil, all to the benefit of the PTB.

I was never tought that. Were did you here that?

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic here or not.

Have you ever read the college text, "Interracial Communication", by Orbe and Harris? If you did, you would see where I was taught this.

Where? Community College.

Also, how do you know for sure they didn't hire you because you were black? Did they actually come out and tell you that?

I guess those sorts of things could still be happening. There are many areas where I don't even try to get work because I am white.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah, this type of discrimination against whites in the welfare and medicaid systems is institutionalized, and until this is changed, racism will continue to be a big problem.

The way our welfare systems discriminate against whites is out and out blatant prejudice.

This is one of the biggest reasons so many people are against welfare. It is a corrupt system.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Bumping the thread?

Ever tried getting a job in the south with 50 other people competing with you? ok now imagine that there is some unwritten law that states...

-Hiring africans means your store is less safe
-Hiring africans means your store is low class
-Hiring africans means your store is "settling"

When you got a alot of people that are afraid of africans that will mean the difference between: sale or no sale. Owners don't give a f--- they just want to make money.

I lived it. Going into small business myself I don't fault businesses for protecting thier brand name and keeping an air of authenticity and realness. Sometimes being real to your demographic means being a bigot.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yeah that is sad, unfortunately, there are written laws that discriminate against white males, but so many on this thread have responded by claiming that unless you were directly told that is the reason you were not accepted or hired, then the claim isn't valid. Plenty of people prefer to be to think they get to act like jerks when the subject of reverse racism is brought up.

Guess what, the white males who are excluded are not the people doing the hiring. The children of the wealthy and influential, and those more than happy to conform to the establishment, which also means willing to embrace whatever prejudices the establishment follows, these people will always get invited to the party.

The people who dare to to buck the system are going to consistently be the ones excluded, irregardless of their race.

Those who pretend that reverse discrimination is alright, or no big deal and no reason to complain, are only helping racists of the world, by supporting just another form of discrimination.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
THIS THREAD IS A POINTLESS, BACKWARD, SLY, UNEDUCATED THREAD

Just plain awful and no need. Your preliminary statements are totally contridictory from the source you provide.

""It is NOT an excuse to demonise non-White minority groups that live amongst majority white populations just because of their race and/or ethnicity"

You created a post with a really hard hitting title that you thought would grab people's attentions and stir up some contreversy.

"White Guilt Awareness Day"

There is no need for discussion like this, we should be able to talk logically and in love white, black, yellow, blue... or french And i will say that i am proud to be white, never guilty.

No one should ever be made to feel guilty because of our ancestor's ignornace or even some individuals ignorance in this present day.

PEACE OUT TO EVERYONE AND MAY THERE BE HOPE FOR LOVING, LOGICAL AND PROGRESSIVE ISSUES ON ATS RATHER THAN BACKWARDS, HURTFUL, CONTROLLING POSTS LIKE THIS ONE.

SEEK TRUTH, ASK QUESTIONS!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
MODS.... WHAT THE H&LL IS RACISM DOING ON ATS?

excuse me. allow me to state that this demoralising and pathetic post is truly the masterful work of diabolic genius.

That's right, go ahead and continue buying into the race card. The jesuit that first makes it known that the PTB is planning to provoke racial anarchy here in america then turns around and posts this thread...

Nice agenda jesuit.
In my opinion this post provides the basis for slander and hate mongering between races... to further escalate tensions within America. Your post is an insult to mankind, and offensive to America.

Left and right have nothing to do with intentional hate mongering.

MODS: PLEASE DELETE THIS POST!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Thankyou someone with some intellgience and morale highground. You are pathetic OP

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by Logarock

Our community colleges are teaching people that only whites can discriminate, and that whites succeed due to white privilege. Earlier in the thread I identified the college text that teaches this prejudice as if it were legitimate. "Interracial Communication", by Orbe and Harris, look it up.

The idea that only whites can discriminate is such a fat lie that I discount nearly the entire systems effort to educate in this area. Those that write this stuff write primarly from theory and 2+2 exstrapolation, nothing to do with the real world. They are clearly Marxist in thier interpretation.

Whitey is in fact only as good as he is "guilty" these days. Real issues that whites use to defend themselves are now called racist emanations.

For example if you bring up all the white guys that died for the north in the CW these deaths are discounted and are seen as anything but what the are and what they secured....in reality. Blacks may have figured out on thier own what these deaths mean but this is not where their focas is directed by "educators".

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Logarock]

What about Blacks that fought in thier own regiments for the north in the civil war? Are they invisible?

No they are not invisile and have been getting plenty of coverage.

The point was that many blacks, black intellectuals have a hard time incorporating white sacrifice into some sort of workable pacification of thier bad attitudes.

Its not easy to hate and spew when so many white men have died for them. So they marginalize it in many ways whiel whites are ever required to worship at the alter of minority sacrifice and raise up statues in our harts of great minority accomplishment and at the same time watch as the accomplishments of our own race are cast in an evil light.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Who's accusing you? No ones saying we don't appreciate soldiers duties. I just thought it was kind of strange that one brings up the sacrifices we made. As if to say only certain people have sacrificed and other didn't.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think it's silly either way. Taking the credit and/or blame for something your ancestors did is foolish and misguided. I know everyone likes to take credit for the good things but you can't have it both ways. Everyone's ancestors suffered, white folks included. Also, everyone's ancestors contributed wonderful things to mankind. However, no single race or color is without sin in it's past. It's our history and our blood. That blood runs deep through right and wrong, through black skin and white skin, through gays and straights, through murderers and soldiers, through heroes and cowards, through you and me alike. It bleeds the same through every country, every city and town. Blood makes no choices and bears no responsibility. Be proud of who you are, not what you are.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by misteRee

We are talking logically about this issue, you are the one who is ranting, and spreading the hate.

There are a lot of people out there promoting white guilt, and it is time to start standing up against it, and calling it out for what it is, racism.

Why are you afraid of the truth?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'm a white, straight, male. Have black friends, have gay friends. Never owned a slave, though it would have been nice for someone else to do all of my work for me.
I have no guilt, because I have done no wrong.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Claims of a "morale highground" and the attempts to shout down any perceived dissention from the PC norm seem to highlight the reasons for the "pathetic" OP's post.
Posters that enter the thread as if they've just stumbled into a Klan rally are melodramatically trying to quash an uncomfortable yet open dialogue.
Keep at it.
I'm learning from all the posters and that's the point.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Yeah, I have kept active on this thread because I think it is an important topic.

There is a lot of hidden anger over this issue, and it allows the PTB to exploit the masses.

This cheap argument that allows white males to be actively discriminated against has lead to a great deal of exploitation. It is also a great way to hide class division and the allow discrimination based on class to thrive.

Working class white males wind up paying for the privileges of upper class whites. On top of that a great deal of sexist discrimination is allow to thrive as well. There is a great deal of abuse in this system.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by 23refugee

Working class white males wind up paying for the privileges of upper class whites.

Be wary of that brainwashing mentioned several posts above.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by misteRee

We are talking logically about this issue, you are the one who is ranting, and spreading the hate.
There are a lot of people out there promoting white guilt, and it is time to start standing up against it, and calling it out for what it is, racism.

Why are you afraid of the truth?

Who's accusing you of ranting? I am not affaid either. So are you just saying things just to get me to argue with you? I guess every hero need a foil.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

I am white guilt.

Pleasure to have met all of you.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
And so the charade continues, and the resentments continue to build.

The opportunity is here, but will people bother?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thank you to those that have contributed to this thread. Contrary to what some members are suggesting, I am not a diabolical right-wing Jesuit "genius" acting as a quadruple-double agent whose intent is to stir the pot and create tension. I am not arming both sides of a conflict with the intention of increasing my profits and then laughing in the shadows...

I simply feel strongly about this issue and it seems I am not the only one. I guess some people just cannot see the injustice in people being discriminated against because their skin colour is white. I didn't choose my skin colour any more than you did. I am who I am and can only be responsible for my own actions and choices I make in my own life.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Thank you to those that have contributed to this thread. Contrary to what some members are suggesting, I am not a diabolical right-wing Jesuit "genius" acting as a quadruple-double agent whose intent is to stir the pot and create tension. I am not arming both sides of a conflict with the intention of increasing my profits and then laughing in the shadows...

I simply feel strongly about this issue and it seems I am not the only one. I guess some people just cannot see the injustice in people being discriminated against because their skin colour is white. I didn't choose my skin colour any more than you did. I am who I am and can only be responsible for my own actions and choices I make in my own life.

Discriminating based on race is wrong across the board. We agree.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join