It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guilt Awareness Day

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee

Originally posted by maybereal11

The south is full of contradictions and I guess that is part of it's charm.

Sorry for your uncomfortable experience. I do see the contradiction. But with me, that generalization doesn't apply. I don't use the "N" word and I never knocked some woman up just to leave when I "realized" I was gay.

Off topic, but I would say some empathy should be considered.

It was a strange experience. His wife had passed away (cancer) and he had taken up with a boyfriend. He was in his 50s. The irony was he had spent his life instilling intolerance in his children..often railing on about homosexuals, using the "Fgt" word often etc. And the visit was for him to introduce the new man in his life and look for his childrens acceptance...and his children having been raised their whole life by him ...always railing against the homosexual lifestyle...were expectedly intolerant and unnaccepting of his new lifestyle.

My girlfriend was in serious denial...she kept telling me her father wasn't a "fgt" --her word, but that he was just "lonely" and this man he was living with was taking advantage of him...even after she found gay magazines in his room etc. ...after the father admitted he had other affairs while he was married...it was an insane week. I alternated between repeatedly telling the family that the "fgt" and "n" words offended me and telling everyone involved that for gods sake life is too short not to love eachother and find hapiness.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Our community colleges are teaching people that only whites can discriminate, and that whites succeed due to white privilege. Earlier in the thread I identified the college text that teaches this prejudice as if it were legitimate. "Interracial Communication", by Orbe and Harris, look it up.

The idea that only whites can discriminate is such a fat lie that I discount nearly the entire systems effort to educate in this area. Those that write this stuff write primarly from theory and 2+2 exstrapolation, nothing to do with the real world. They are clearly Marxist in thier interpretation.

Whitey is in fact only as good as he is "guilty" these days. Real issues that whites use to defend themselves are now called racist emanations.

For example if you bring up all the white guys that died for the north in the CW these deaths are discounted and are seen as anything but what the are and what they secured....in reality. Blacks may have figured out on thier own what these deaths mean but this is not where their focas is directed by "educators".

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
White is nothing but a color. Perpetuation of the existence of a white race is nonsense. I'm classified by the current authorities as "white". My ethnic background is Syrian and Swedish. Am I a minority? To some people, yes. I'm a life form.

"Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes...there will be war"

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu

"Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes...there will be war"

Well its far deeper than that. Look at the way whites have killed whites over the last 100 years. And others have killed their own kind. It seems that race is just a clearer distinction in say the white/red issue ect.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I wish I could blame all my failures on the fact that I was born the wrong colour. I do face facts that I am the one guilty of them.

Despite my short comings in life, I raised my children to respect others. Show compassion to those who need it.

When will this " you're better then me because your white" ever end. Our colour won't change but our attitudes sure as hect will. Please don't judge me for somethings others may have done.

My brother is half Native Anishinabe. I don't apologize for the slaughter whites did to his ancestors and he does not expect me to. I love my brother. We look to the future cause we can't change the past.

My ancestors went from village to village destroying everyone. Being of Viking heritage I don't apologize for their actions and funny how no one faults Scandinavians for it.

Love your neighbours no matter where they came from. It starts with one.

Rhain

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I am proud of my white ancestors and thankful that they conquered and enslaved, and did everything that every other race and nation on earth has done. And, what has happened on this continent is mild compared to others.

The only reason we are even discussing this, is because our nation, unlike other similar conquerors, showed a conscience, and a soft under-belly as we have chosen to exercise our humanity after the fact.

And, as we are seeing now, this is being taken full advantage of. And, the reason this is happening, is because it is human nature.

If there is one common trait that can sum up what it is to be human, it would be the urge and ability to find weaknesses, and exploit them. Weaknesses in nature, in prey, in enemies, in obstacles, etc.

If, and when, in the future, our country falls to a stronger adversary, even the people that hate this nation, and feel that they have been wronged, will wish to God that the USA still stood. Because, chances are, that the next wave of conquerors will not be so soft, or be so filled with guilt.

Instead of despising this nation, and trying to alter it, or bring it down, if a person feels that they have a racial connection to another nation, they should feel obliged to return to that nation, and create important changes THERE. Forcing a nation to change, inside and out, in order to accommodate the needs and wants of any specific racial or cultural groups, is just another form of aggression, invasion and forceful alteration of its power structure.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Yes, it is more complicated...but it's a great quote from a conference on human rights...later put to music by Bob Marley. I guess if we can't eliminate the notion of races and their supposed connection to nations, there will be war. Of course other things will result in war, like the control of resources/power, but we can at least start with race. I don't believe in racial harmony, I don't associate race with people. But, thats just me.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by RestingInPieces

I'm black.

If we are both competing for a job, the only reason I am going to get that job is because I am more qualified than you. Want to know why? Because I have worked for and will work for everything I have, regardless of my skin color.

At the end of the day, when I have your job; your just going to claim reverse racism.

I saw with my own eyes a job advertisement that stated ''ethnic people especially welcome as this area of business is currently underepresented by the ethnic minority''

I'm sure you yourself will agree that this kind of ''positive discrimination'' is wrong and is indeed racist to the core but please don't say that this kind of discrimination doesn't exist towards white people because I have personally witnessed it more than once. It doesn't happen everywhere or all the time but it is fairly common. I'm speaking from an English perspective.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
when hubby and i were newlyweds (first five years of marriage), he was fired from his job. we had one child by that time, who was still a newborn. neither of us could find jobs, so we went to see if we could get government assistance. they said no, but the lady told me that if either of us had been "a minority" we could've gotten help. we were already poor, living in a small trailer. we were told later, that had we been divorced, i could've gotten enough gov money to help but since we were married, even if neither of us could find jobs, we were just not the right color. we had no money in the bank and an old car, so the rationale that we had assets was not the reason. it was, simply put, because of our skin color and no other reason than that.

earlier, i had gotten a job because of my gender, as there was at the time, a push to have women represented in more male only jobs, such as factory work. but those jobs were already taken. if he hadn't joined the military, we would've been living in our car or out on the street. so yeah, there's definitely a push to "balance" the equation, regardless of whether you paid into the system or not and based entirely on the color of your skin.

i mean, why are people living in tent cities when we have a welfare system designed to help people avoid such things? it's mind boggling.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I dont feel guilty of being in the white race. Having envy towards a certain race, including your own, because of the wrongs your own or other people have done in the past is childish, just my opinion. Also people are racial on how others choose to dress, act, talk, etc. Theres not one way to do all those things, damn. Let them live their life and you live yours. I think we humans need to learn how to forgive each other for our mistakes because we are, indeed, humans and we are bound to make mistakes.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I am a very proud white male. I cannot show this pride without certain consenquences. Although everyday i see some sort of expressed pride for some sort of minority race. I agree that a large portion of our white male population is suffering from this "white guilt", i beleive it is time to stop.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lukkystrike
I am a very proud white male. I cannot show this pride without certain consenquences.

Yes...as I go about my daily life I often stop on the sidewalk to sucker punch a white man passing by that looks like he might be feeling some kind of pride! Then I shout "there are consequences for having pride!!"

Seriously WTF are you talking about.

I am a proud white man...I am proud of my family, my heritage, my children, my work and many other things....I have never been "proud" of the hue of my skin? It's just a color...do you know the difference between heritage, history and a color?

You can be a "proud white male" all you want...I am...but if the color of your skin is what you take "pride" in...well then you need to get a life. Try actually doing things you can be proud of rather than just being white

[edit on 9-4-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Our community colleges are teaching people that only whites can discriminate, and that whites succeed due to white privilege. Earlier in the thread I identified the college text that teaches this prejudice as if it were legitimate. "Interracial Communication", by Orbe and Harris, look it up.

We talk about this issue here because it needs to be exposed for the lie that it is. As long as people keep insisting this nonsense is true, the hostilities between races will continue to boil, all to the benefit of the PTB.

I was never tought that. Were did you here that?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by 23refugee

i keep trying to remind the posters at ATS who think white people all live in the south and are all prejudice and so forth, that the bulk of the black population is in the south as well. so that must mean everyone lives south of mason-dixon line or something.

The north can be more divided that the south. Its just the select few areas/counties in the south can be WAY more extreme in thier racial paranoia and racial sadism than the north.

I stayed in the south for almost 18 years and I have a lot of white and black friends. I must be wierd or something.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

The idea that only whites can discriminate is such a fat lie that I discount nearly the entire systems effort to educate in this area. Those that write this stuff write primarly from theory and 2+2 exstrapolation, nothing to do with the real world. They are clearly Marxist in thier interpretation.

Whitey is in fact only as good as he is "guilty" these days. Real issues that whites use to defend themselves are now called racist emanations.

For example if you bring up all the white guys that died for the north in the CW these deaths are discounted and are seen as anything but what the are and what they secured....in reality. Blacks may have figured out on thier own what these deaths mean but this is not where their focas is directed by "educators".

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Logarock]

What about Blacks that fought in thier own regiments for the north in the civil war? Are they invisible?

Anyone that takes a bullet(or gets some whizzing by him/her) for some they don't even know for a campiegn that is to defend you deserves the upmost respect.

People in iraq/afghanistan deserve respect because not only they are risking thier lives but because it was a option. They didn't have to sign up to get maimed,shot,burned,disfigured or blowned up. Thats bravery.

They deserve to get thier ass kissed a million times over then some.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by UruFist
I am proud of my white ancestors and thankful that they conquered and enslaved, and did everything that every other race and nation on earth has done. And, what has happened on this continent is mild compared to others.

Your brown just like me. East "Asians" can get lighter shade of brown than members of your sapien phentotype can. So are they white you grey and me black? Greyscale shades to descibe snp diverity in west african hairless primates.Kind of silly don't you think?
How can you be proud of a fallacious structure such as race? Did you live then? What claim do you have to thier imperialism? Are you a present day british colonialist? Every continent has countries that go/are imperialistic and enslave and oppress vulnerable people. Remember what happened to europeans that were captured in africa? They became slaves to the africans and the arabs and traded around for useful garments, rugs,incents etc.
They STILL enslave people there.

The only reason we are even discussing this, is because our nation, unlike other similar conquerors, showed a conscience, and a soft under-belly as we have chosen to exercise our humanity after the fact.

Nahh.. We grew to such a large number that if we became terrorist(pretty much what the panthers were trying to become) that we would do significant damage to europeon american society(think al-queida but not about religion). We were to close know the system too well. History repeats itsself if you let it. Oppressed people overthrow tyrants/tyrant governments.However bloody it can be. Guereilla warfair is pretty much impossible to completely sqash (look at iraq,korea,isreal and the hamas terrorists and south american/central american drug wars). Now hundreds of years of suicide bombers and terrorist attacks in your own backyard? We like to fight formal wars(our side beats your side straight up) We are not that good at winning guerilla campiegns. After Hitler we saw how insane that idealogy could be so pretty much everyone in the world said "i m not that guy! He's an evil murdering psychopath. I don't hold that guys views"
After MLK europeon americans said "f--- this stupid race stuff its pointless superstition". So the majority tribe in america pretty much said "f--- it" in regards to race after 200 years.

And, as we are seeing now, this is being taken full advantage of. And, the reason this is happening, is because it is human nature.

How? Explain.

If there is one common trait that can sum up what it is to be human, it would be the urge and ability to find weaknesses, and exploit them. Weaknesses in nature, in prey, in enemies, in obstacles, etc.

The common trait of humans is tribalism,labeling,obsession of control,hording resources for thier tribe and tierism. Ever thought it was strange why people feel negative,inferior or nasty at people that don't adhere to thier conditioned image of a perfect member of thier tribe? if your not that image obviously your bad or faulty because my tribe is perfect and nothing is better. HA! Its brainwash pure and simple

If, and when, in the future, our country falls to a stronger adversary, even the people that hate this nation, and feel that they have been wronged, will wish to God that the USA still stood. Because, chances are, that the next wave ofconquerors will not be so soft,orbe so filled with guilt.

Who's accusing the USA? This is an unconscous hate thought program.

Instead of despising this nation, and trying to alter it, or bring it down, if a person feels that they have a racial connection to another nation, they should feel obliged to return to that nation, and create important changes THERE. Forcing a nation to change, inside and out, in order to accommodate the needs and wants of any specific racial or cultural groups, is just another form of aggression, invasion and forceful alteration of its power structure.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by RestingInPieces

I'm black.

If we are both competing for a job, the only reason I am going to get that job is because I am more qualified than you. Want to know why? Because I have worked for and will work for everything I have, regardless of my skin color.

At the end of the day, when I have your job; your just going to claim reverse racism.

I saw with my own eyes a job advertisement that stated ''ethnic people especially welcome as this area of business is currently underepresented by the ethnic minority''

I'm sure you yourself will agree that this kind of ''positive discrimination'' is wrong and is indeed racist to the core but please don't say that this kind of discrimination doesn't exist towards white people because I have personally witnessed it more than once. It doesn't happen everywhere or all the time but it is fairly common. I'm speaking from an English perspective.

I was turned down for multiple jobs because I was black. The owners/managers thought that black people = low class,crime,settling so I got past over. Somethings more than once. I still don't hate all european people because some people are trying to not offend thier racist customers.

You got bad people and you got good people. Its as simple as that. Race is not nessesary.

But i do hate the San Antonio Spurs FYI...

[edit on 9-4-2010 by John_Rodger_Cornman]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am going to be completely honest I could least give a **** about what color, race or ethnicity you are. Do you know why? Were all humans. I'm White, He's black, it's a hydralisk, she's Asian. Were all humans except for one of the latter. But with society there is definitely an agenda. It's pathetic.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
I am going to be completely honest I could least give a **** about what color, race or ethnicity you are. Do you know why? Were all humans. I'm White, He's black, it's a hydralisk, she's Asian. Were all humans except for one of the latter. But with society there is definitely an agenda. It's pathetic.

I wanna be a gnoll...aww

Are gnolls racist agianst drow elvs or orcs?

Yep gnolls have to be racist...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Just plain awful and no need. Your preliminary statements are totally contridictory from the source you provide.

""It is NOT an excuse to demonise non-White minority groups that live amongst majority white populations just because of their race and/or ethnicity"

You created a post with a really hard hitting title that you thought would grab people's attentions and stir up some contreversy.

"White Guilt Awareness Day"

There is no need for discussion like this, we should be able to talk logically and in love white, black, yellow, blue... or french
And i will say that i am proud to be white, never guilty.

No one should ever be made to feel guilty because of our ancestor's ignornace or even some individuals ignorance in this present day.

PEACE OUT TO EVERYONE AND MAY THERE BE HOPE FOR LOVING, LOGICAL AND PROGRESSIVE ISSUES ON ATS RATHER THAN BACKWARDS, HURTFUL, CONTROLLING POSTS LIKE THIS ONE.

SEEK TRUTH, ASK QUESTIONS!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join