It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA intelligence officer sheds light on conspiracy theories

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Nice video find indeed. I think a major issue involving the CIA and any other organization of that power and magnitude is that the information, intelligence and overall operation of it is so compartmentalized that the majority of its officers don't know its true purpose. Robert Steele eludes to it himself in the video that he's realized many of the truths he speak of via his reading and research, not top secret CIA clearances.

These quotes from top level directors speak volumes about CIA operations -

"The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media." - William Colby, Former CIA Director

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false." - William Casey, CIA Director 1981

"Deception is a state of mind and the mind of the State." - James Angleton, Head of CIA Counter Intelligence 1954-1974

"I never would have agreed to the formulation of the Central Intelligence Agency back in forty-seven, if I had known it would become the American Gestapo." - Harry S. Truman

[edit on 4-4-2010 by StrangeBrew]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeBrew
"The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media." - William Colby, Former CIA Director

I think Mr Colby may have been onto something there -here's an interesting excerpt from Richard Dolan's book 'UFOs and the National Security State'.

..In addition ,the history of the U.S. media shows unsettling developments,not least of which is penetration by the intelligence community.
By the early 1950s,the CIA had cosy relationships with most major media executives in America.
The most significant of these were with the New York Times, Washington Post, Christian Science Monitor, New York Herald Tribune, Saturday Evening Post, Miami Herald, Time-Life, CBS News, Scripps-Howard Newspapers, Hearst Newspapers, The Associated Press, United Press International, The Mutual Broadcasting System and Reuters.
In addition ,the CIA had major ownership over many proprietary publications throughtout Europe,Asia and the Americas.

By the early 1970s the agency admitted to having working relationships with over four hundred American journalists.
Consider the possiblities with four hundred strategically placed people throughout the mainstream media.
There is evidence that this relationship continues.

Link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Im in an Intell class right now. One of the books we are reading is:
For the President's Eyes Only: Secret Intelligence and the American Presidency from Washington to Bush

It is absolutely an interesting read and really shows a lot of the behind the scenes stuff that goes on.

Anyways, thanks for posting this. Will be checking it out

[edit on April 4th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This CIA guy is doing nothing than to parrot "drugs are good lets legalize Marijuana"
Lets legalize Marijuana
Lets legalize Marijuana

Seems nothing other than a G.Soros or a similar visonary's puppet really, G. "the man with the plan" Soros. Lets stupefy them some and also create a market out of their stupidity, while we rob them blind from everything with our other hand.

Maybe this is the model of the "New Economy", or "Economy of the New Millennium", or whatever. They might be planning of imposing direct taxes on people on artificial addictions they will create and market things that are way cheaper than what we currently are used to, like excess cars, clothes, electronic gadgets etc. We just call it "green" heh.
But there will be catch. A big one.
If the establishment will lack the raw resources to produce them anyway, they have to think of something else to market. How about plant some weed that will later be turned to something purely chemical and price it like 25 or 30 dollars a pack while banning normal nicotine while they pretend to be friends of the environment. Yeah, weed is greener than nicotine anyway plus it opens the door for any number of new chemical tricks to be available on the market. All of that neatly packaged with a new environmentally friendly lifestyle, than doesn't harm nature but most of all won't harm the Global Bankers the slightest bit, or at least the side that wants to go "green" since people won't bother to change the world around them to something better if they can just sit all day in a semiconscious state puffing the favorite flavor of legalized joint.

Let alone that EM technology and sound waves research and all kinds of chemicals administered to the human organism might mix very well to make a pawn out of everyone. Just ask CIA. They seem to know everything about it. All that tech and chem they had been probably researching for decades and they can't really market. All those trained experts, they would be making fortunes right now.
If it wasn't just for some stupid laws that prevent selling of drugs on the streets.

I find it really hard to believe that Bush never bothered with getting advice form the intelligence as this guy on the video claims. Wasn't it that G.W.Bush doubled the CIA personnel worldwide, or at least ordered it?

So, is this guy in the first youtube video really trying to push ideas for new market to retired operatives like him or what?

[edit on 4-4-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I love it. Robert Steele, an ex marine/CIA intelligence officer, is telling everyone what most of us already know. We, the people, are finally rearing our heads to the false reality of the entire system. War IS a racket! And always has been. TPTB are so insane that they really are trying to own everything.

Countless peoples are put through their meatgrinder just so they can pad their already enormous wealth. Luckily, the past ten years have been so mismanaged that the reality of it all has become very obvious to the rest of the world. The greed and petty squabbles of TPTB are costing the innocent, hard working (and sane) peoples all their money and also their lives.

The war on drugs? Bah! The mexican drug cartels are stopping at nothing because they know that once they establish their new pecking order, the money will flow. Billions of dollars. Heck, they could even start their own Shadow State, which they have every intention of doing. Don't think they can do any of this without the express help from an already well funded and well trained organization. Any guesses who that might be? BINGO!

And its sad that the drug wars on our very border are just one little snippet of what is going on. All of the current global conflict can be framed within this context. And the U.S. is involved in it all. Maybe Chavez is right for being paranoid about American interests in Peru. Maybe the mullahs in the middle east are too. Maybe anyone who has any real sovereignty left is deciding that the time is now or never to put distance between them and the cartel/corporate interests which control the rest of the world.

Steele is right about American citizens having a system in which we can effect change through populism. We CAN do this. But we must literally "clean house". And do it yesterday.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

He said he had several graduate degrees!?!

Several(a): (used with count nouns) of an indefinite number more than 2 or 3 but not many

And he was a marine corps infantry officer, who worked his way into intelligence.

So his name doesn't say doctor, which means he has SEVERAL masters degrees. Who does that?

4 years of high school, 3 or 4 years undergraduate, 2 yr masters, 2 yr masters, 2 year masters.

I know PhD's that have less education than this guy.

That's a lot of education, this is highly unlikely, but possible. It would be sweet to hear from this guy to see what his professional designations are, because right now, it seems improbable that he did all this.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here's part 1 of the documentary the movie was based on. Much better than the movie I assume.

"Three years in the making, Jon Ronsons Crazy Rulers of the World explores the apparent madness at the heart of US military intelligence. With first-hand access to the leading players in the story, Jon Ronson examines the extraordinary and plain bizarre national secrets at the core of the War on Terror."

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
As far as the movie TMWSAG goes, save your money.

A couple of us saw it last night, the consensus was "Well, that was a waste of my life." If you're looking for comedy, it's not that funny. If you're looking for a light-hearted (or even mocking) but accurate presentation of what was going on at Bragg at that time under Stubblebine, it's not accurate.

A couple of places we were able to place who they were portraying with what character (one of them they at least got an actor that looked like the guy, but it was a bit part). But for the most part, it was like they'd read a few CT books and maybe Ronson's intro chapter, and just heaped crap together, with all the acting depth and writing skill you saw in Three Kings.

The book by Ronson is at least somewhat accurate, but not totally. The movie shares the title with the book, and that's about all.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by awmilton

I know a guy with 3 bachelor's, 2 master's, and 1 phd. I have no idea why he did his education that way, but it's impressive.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I enjoyed the video, and think he is right on, but for me it's one more example of how we just don't have a dog in this fight. Voting people out of office won't work, changing American laws won't fix it, and how could there ever be a successful revolution since they have all the weapons, the National Guard, etc. to enforce Martial Law that could be here sooner than we all think? All we can do is watch it happen. It's impossibly sad.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91
reply to post by David9176

Also someone needs to show the CIA agent the video where Mike Ruppert confronts the CIA director (Jon Deutch, I think) about CIA drug dealing. Then he would know why we aren't serious about stopping drugs.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by time91]

I've never seen this before, thx.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
great video thanx for bringing that up

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by awmilton

I know a guy with 3 bachelor's, 2 master's, and 1 phd. I have no idea why he did his education that way, but it's impressive.

Not sure how your friend did it, but I got a double bachelors in physics and EE, because they were only a semester apart. With a little more forethought and one summer course, I could have triple bach'd in nuclear engineering as well. A lot of the engineering courses are pretty similar at the BS level, and you can pick up a couple of them to pad your resume with just a little effort.

As it went, I picked up the physics BS while I was getting the EE masters. Many years later, the physics guys didn't want to accept a MSEE for their PhD program, so I went ahead and completed the physics MSEE in preparation for a physics doctorate. But I haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger, although some of the guys we work for are all hot for one of us to have a physics doctorate in signal processing for sonar.

So I can see how that would happen, at least in the sciences.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I should have said he is now in his fifties and just got his latest Bachelor's in '99.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
Very cool find!

I never watched the movie or read the book. Would you recomend it?

I rented the movie and it was one of the worst movies of 2009!!!! Trust me its horrible.. I was hoping it would be cool and have some awesome parts but it was a mix of a bad comedy and trying to have a serious moral message.

I never read the book but I can only imagine its better. With the exception of The Lord Of The Rings Series; Hollywood destroys sci-fi books!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutch Frost

The impression I got from the previews is that they tried to make something that was (and is) a serious issue and turned it into a comedy. I have avoided it and it sounds like that was the right choice.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Great video here GoldenFleece. Everything I already knew but the message in the video comes across much better than me trying to articulate it. So I guess the question is, what do we do about all this?

I for one see no easy solution as it would take years upon years of deprogramming the masses to make them wake up. Of course the MSM will not promote things like this being aired. So, we need a multi million dollar corporation that has not sold out. I know, good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this video, here's some more less-known people we "conspiracy nuts" like to listen to:

• Mike Ruppert
  • Igor Panarin
  • Jim Marrs
  • Yuri Bezmenov
  • Lyndon LaRouche
  • Andrew Maguire
  • Nikolay Makarov
  • Jane Burgermeister
  • Bob Kerrey
  • Robert Steele
  • Len Horowitz
  • Joseph Moshe
  • John Virapen
  • And a lot more....

Have fun....

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me, how something as important and insightful as these videos, that expose the contrivance of the artificial scarcity paradigm and the order out of chaos principles the elite are ruling the world by, will get lots of flags and few replies.

Clearly people are recognizing the importance of the insights and knowledge that are shared in such posts and videos by flagging them, yet something keeps people from weighing in on the subject itself.

Is it fear, is it despair, is it hopelessness, shock or something else that keeps so many members stone cold silent in these kinds of threads, or do people simply feel that the Original Post has said everything there is to say.

I worry that it is a lot more of the former and little of the latter.

As difficult and as daunting as confronting these demons in our human closet are, as profound as the ramifications of them are, we must as individuals steel ourselves, and find in us some resolve to speak up and out and about and against these things, if we are ever, to change them.

It’s not about revolution, it’s about evolution, and that evolution comes in my humble opinion when we stop sitting around dumbfounded like flies on the wall in states of denial and disbelief when the very things that validate and bring our worst fears and concerns to stark reality happen.

All it takes for evil to succeed is good people to do nothing in the face of it.

Our silence really does become acquiescence to the global elite; it provides them the vacuum in which they can continue to operate towards their nefarious agendas unmolested.

If those of us who do know the truth are afraid to speak to it, and afraid to speak to it even here, in an atmosphere and place where people are far more supportive and less critical of those who do know and speak the truth, and shatter their happy, but self defeating, and deadly illusions of all is well, then how can and how will we ever broach the subject with the masses who really are in denial about these things and don’t want to know.

Are we really just going to ride this ship down into the bottom of the abyss people, without ever standing up, speaking up, and doing something positive and peaceful to help people evolve in their awareness and make the world a more hospitable, safer, and friendlier place in the process?

62 flags and six posters, I have to have to wonder.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
It never ceases to amaze me, how something as important and insightful as these videos, that expose the contrivance of the artificial scarcity paradigm and the order out of chaos principles the elite are ruling the world by, will get lots of flags and few replies.

Clearly people are recognizing the importance of the insights and knowledge that are shared in such posts and videos by flagging them, yet something keeps people from weighing in on the subject itself.

Is it fear, is it despair, is it hopelessness, shock or something else that keeps so many members stone cold silent in these kinds of threads, or do people simply feel that the Original Post has said everything there is to say.

I worry that it is a lot more of the former and little of the latter.

As difficult and as daunting as confronting these demons in our human closet are, as profound as the ramifications of them are, we must as individuals steel ourselves, and find in us some resolve to speak up and out and about and against these things, if we are ever, to change them.

It’s not about revolution, it’s about evolution, and that evolution comes in my humble opinion when we stop sitting around dumbfounded like flies on the wall in states of denial and disbelief when the very things that validate and bring our worst fears and concerns to stark reality happen.

All it takes for evil to succeed is good people to do nothing in the face of it.

Our silence really does become acquiescence to the global elite; it provides them the vacuum in which they can continue to operate towards their nefarious agendas unmolested.

If those of us who do know the truth are afraid to speak to it, and afraid to speak to it even here, in an atmosphere and place where people are far more supportive and less critical of those who do know and speak the truth, and shatter their happy, but self defeating, and deadly illusions of all is well, then how can and how will we ever broach the subject with the masses who really are in denial about these things and don’t want to know.

Are we really just going to ride this ship down into the bottom of the abyss people, without ever standing up, speaking up, and doing something positive and peaceful to help people evolve in their awareness and make the world a more hospitable, safer, and friendlier place in the process?

62 flags and six posters, I have to have to wonder.

All i can i say to your words of truth is, AMEN

And god help us all in the face of evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join