It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there a camouflaged installation in AZ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
exciting thread...maybe its a jigantic underground base to save humanity in 2012..ha ha ha

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PPGrocks
exciting thread...maybe its a jigantic underground base to save humanity in 2012..ha ha ha
These are the idiot postings that bring this place down... what the hell purpose does it help to post this stupid thing???
what an idiot.

anyhoo, surely there is an ATS member nearby this site that can rive by with a camera and take some shots of this place hu??

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skallagrimsson
Seems to me that the "artificial hill" is just waste material from the open mine you see the top of in the bottom of the image. That it's waste material will be covered with some kind of mesh seems pretty normal as this would prevent the dust from the waste materials to blow around all over the place. There might be som undesired minerals being released when the rock is crushed, or there are regulations to how much of the landscape the mining company are allowed to change.

If there was a point in hiding something underground, you wouldn't notice it from the air with an artificial net on top like that. You simply wouldn't notice it at all...

Agreed! I doubt they would go this short....

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

If you found it how secret could it be? I mean they could not hide
it for long if you found it on a single high altitiude pass.
You may have something there however. Good find. It looks fake to me as well. Hummmm, one wonders.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Skallagrimsson

Ahh. So someone finally stumbled on those 5 million copies of the old E.T. cartridge that Atari buried out in the desert www.snopes.com... .

In all seriousness, I'm inclined to agree with Skal

Seems to me that the "artificial hill" is just waste material from the open mine you see the top of in the bottom of the image. That it's waste material will be covered with some kind of mesh seems pretty normal as this would prevent the dust from the waste materials to blow around all over the place. There might be som undesired minerals being released when the rock is crushed, or there are regulations to how much of the landscape the mining company are allowed to change.

If there was a point in hiding something underground, you wouldn't notice it from the air with an artificial net on top like that. You simply wouldn't notice it at all...

The most mundane explanation that would do a sufficient job of accounting for a phenomenon should be preferred over its more outlandish cousins. Not quite Occam, but flourishing in the same hedgerow.

If someone really had been trying to conceal this? Worst. Concealment. Ever.

Plus, I just innately mistrust stories that prominently feature a "friend at NORAD" who only "chuckled nervously" thus implying something deep and sinister. If the friend really exists, and this dude seriously brings him pictures all the time and demands to know state secrets (to which some random Joe Blow at NORAD is unlikely to be privy) then I imagine "nervous chuckle" is his default response, followed by a discrete attempt to change the subject to the new BBQ grill he just bought or how that local sports team is faring.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
If this hidden base was real.For one thing ,the images would have never made it to the internet.Places like this would be hidden much more better that is shown here.The goverment would have relised this long ago and are not sloppy.I would be betting this is a fake area set up for people like us to find on goggle earth.If you went there you would proberly find nothing.More disinfomation to confuse us.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
If this hidden base was real.For one thing ,the images would have never made it to the internet.Places like this would be hidden much more better that is shown here.The goverment would have relised this long ago and are not sloppy.I would be betting this is a fake area set up for people like us to find on goggle earth.If you went there you would proberly find nothing.More disinfomation to confuse us.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600
I wouldn't be surprised if this is a hanger for the giant triangle that is spoted from time time, including the well known incident over Phoenix in '97.

heh, thats one hell of a theory.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Well nice theory as it may seem it definitely is not true though. This is the San Manuel Copper mine closed in 1999. This is the reason for the buildings missing in the picture's and there is plenty of photos of the buildings being destroyed.

The main building was the smelters which was demolished when it was closed around the end of 2007.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EzraBuckley

Heh, yeah those pesky E.T. carts. Well, at least there is some life out there, eh?

I would agree with the poster too, however there could be a few reasons as to why it looks like that (if indeed it does). Is there anyone who can pass-by it? I know the thread is old but it looks like a good investigation job.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SBKXI

I did a little search of my own and found some info on it: ludb.clui.org...
When it shut down in 1999, this was the largest operating underground copper mine in the country. 2,200 people worked in the 356 miles of tunnels and at the massive smelter, the largest of its type in the industry, producing 325,000 tons of refined copper per year, for use in wires and cable.The nearby copper rod plant still employs about 430 people. Australia's Broken Hill Proprietary Co. Ltd (BHP) took over operations of the mine, smelter, and rod plant from Magma Metals in the late 1990's.

A little more investigation uncovered en.wikipedia.org... they never made a purchase from Magma, nor do they operate any mines in the US.

Now you have ask yourself does this reek of a cover story to you?

You could also ask yourself who would want 356 miles (could be larger now) of tunnels, and for what purpose? Those 356 miles have to be pretty large to have heavy copper mining machinery operating inside them considering they would be hauling ore out and coming back in with giant end dump type trucks that are probably 35-40' tall (thats about a 3 story sized house).

Based on seeing an open pit copper mine before where the road keeps going around in a big circle going lower and lower to where they are actually doing the digging that underground mine probably is the same configuration as an open pit mine; so it has many levels; and each level could have offshoots from it going in several directions if they wanted to expand out from the main operating road. It would also have to be ventilated and watered down during operations to keep dust to a minimum for worker safety.

Sometimes things can be hidden in plain sight*, when the only thing you can see is the outside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join