It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Democrats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I have a problem. Everyone is going on about the so call ed threat about the right wing. Perhaps what I am seeing is a islolated incident but I am afraid I doubt it. I have a left wing democrat who is a friend. We discuss things and on most of things we disagree but lately he has been seeing things I predicted occuring. That is not the problem. We go to a coffee house and BS about everyting. There is a man there who is also a left wing democrat. We have talked a lot about different things.

Tonight was differant. I went there alone. Without my friend. The gentelman came to me, not me to him. He told me how he didn't believe in killing except to protect the family. That no one should be judged by group. That everyone's voice should be heard. That blacks when given a chance are smarter than whites. A lot of other things. He is entiteled to his to his beliefs. The problem was a hour later.

The group known as republicans should be killed. He would kill me and my family if he could. He ended up advocating that half the American population should be disenfranchised, people who think like me should be killed, and anyone who was against Obama is a racist.

Before I left I told him I have no anger against him. He told he he has anger against me and anyone like me. I than pointed out what he had ACTUALLY said at the end and how it disagreed with what he had said earlier. I than pointed out what my actions would be should should he be so stupid as to follow his beliefs. People say they are dangerous. Dangerous people sa I am dangerous. I told him if he were to attempt to kill me or my family as he said I would kill him and his family. His stupid answer was why go after his family instead of just him. Well he is willing to go after my family why shouldn't I go after his?

My problem I this. According to NASA and MENSA I am smarter than 99% of the population. According to the polical tests I am dead center on all counts. I AM a dangerous man. So are many who are called these days on the right. I believe they are centralists. Many VERY STUPID people on here are like the man I talked to tonight. I believe him to be a good man. I believe him also to be a stupid man. The day he points a gun at me or my family he and his family dies. Not a joke. I am from the South side of Chicago. I have fought gangs and police as well.

My question is this. Do I actually have to start killing people for you idiots on the left to understand your threats will not change my political beliefs? Doyou really want people to die? Are YOU willing to be the ones to die? Do you really want to follow this path? I am willing to die to be left alone. Are you willing to die to mess with me?

It sounds stupid I know. However too many people these days are willing to threaten people. They believe there will be no reponse to what they do. Part of what they have been taught. They are wrong. What they have been taught is wrong. People DO fight back. The question is how MANY must die before people actually remember or believe this again?

Many will say this is a singular event. Remember the New Black Panthers and what they did at the election polls? Remember the SCIU and what they did at the tea party to a black man? The hatred of the left amazes me. Their stupidity frightens me. Will they admit it was their fault when six of them attack someone with a gun and he kills them? Or cry against the gun laws that allowed that person to defend himself against their attack?

Sorry it is late. I may not respond to any answers to this till tomorrow night.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Liberal Democrat is an oxymoron.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This is so correct,

Liberal democrats have always used idealogic and emotions, rather than using well thought out reasonings to color and propel their beliefs. They see their own world through those glasses only, and they cannot bear anyone that doesn't feel the same way most of the time. They refuse to consider that they have been deceived, and not other people.
The people that voted for oblama voted for a "good warm feeling" and not anything logical or well thought out, and now we see the result of that poor judgement taking place by his attack on all Americans and the country.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I appreciate the replys. I have friends who are liberal democrats who are willing to think. Not necessarily agree with me. I don't ask them to agree just answer what they think according to what I show them. My problem is the anger and violence over disagreements I am seeing. I am from Chicago's south side. I know of the violence they used. What I am afraid of is it becomming a national thing? Don't they know if they condone violence against their political opponents that they will reap that in return? Pelosi said you can not hold politicians responsible for their how they vote. Excuse me? How can we NOT hold them responsible for what they do? We are ALL held responsible for what we do. How does she figure politicians get a free pass?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
You are probably one of the few conservatives I could relate with and respect. Trust me a lot of people in this country are blessed that they haven't been somewhere they can have their voices heard or a chance to participate in their government. Both Democrats and Republicans to me are sheep that follow who ever seems to have a silver spoon up their anus.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

Well the problem is always "the other" guy, isn't it? If we could just get rid of those "other" creeps then life would be huny-dunky. I think we should kill EVERYONE! Then we could all have some peace and quiet for a change!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Have you read the thread about the doctor in Florida who has a note on his office door which states "If you voted for OBama, seek your urologic care elsewhere"?

Then peruse all the posts which agree, and how other ATS members agree with this, and state they manage their own lives in such a fashion.

We have a tendency to notice things which oppose our own views.

The Doctor is so consumed with his own need to be right and absolutely obsessed with it, that he is willing to place is profession at stake to uphold his own ego. As I stated on the other thread, I wouldn't let this excuse of a physician anywhere near me or any medical issue I might have.

The man you met in the cafe is no different. He might be a "democrat", but he is not a "good democrat", anymore than this Florida doctor is a "good republican".

Sick people. The woods are full of 'em. You met one. I hope you know better than to generalize the ill conceived notions of one man to an entire group of people.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Im just wondering, is it not the doctor's right to place that sign up there if he so chooses, as a human being? Are we to start enslaving doctors and tell them to treat people no matter what, or do they still have their own rights as humans to choose what they do?

As far as the op is concerned, couldnt agree more. Liberal Democrats go on pure emotions to me and dont really use too much logic. I love when they say stuff like this and then contradict themselves later. Usually, they are too spineless to actually follow thru on these threats, as they are just words to them because they get upset when they realize that they did just contradict themselves and they are not using logic to defend their emotional answers.

In fact lets just look at the latest emotional answer to a problem, the HCR Act. All across the country would agree that reform is needed and that they would like to pay lower and more affordable premiums. The libs are in "power" so its like the liberal people of this country just put on blinders when they say that their leaders were putting out a bill for HCR...nevermind that it went completely against everything the libs themselves had wanted lol. They just pushed and pushed and pushed but when they finally got what they thought they wanted, they realized that its crap and are now trying to defend their earlier actions by threatening violence or demeaning people in a way just to make themselves feel better. I think its funny when I run into this in person cause I can see that the people themselves are litteraly spineless and are just talking out of their butts and wouldnt act on their words.

Meanwhile tho, if someone that I thought wasnt spineless made those threats to my face, Id take care of the cat right then and there before it escalated. You have two choices, either just turn and walk away and let the guy huff and puff or throw something. The first one is easier, trust me.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

Of course he has the "right" to say it (although he should lose his license for it, he did take an oath by the way), just as the gentleman who called himself a liberal democrat has the "right" to say the things he did.

But that does not mean it is either moral or ethical, or admirable behavior. Both the gentleman are disgusting, and are a prime example of narrowmindedness, and I would hope an example of what most of us wish not to become.

This is not about our freedom of speech, by the way. It's about taking an ideology to the point of obsession, where it begins to consume one, and the ideology takes the form of hatred, prejudice, and bigotry.

Both men are sick little puppies.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I wouldn't call "the gentleman" a left wing Democrat at all. Sounds like he is just an angry black man who supports Obama soley on skin color.

Why is this supposed smart man working in a coffee house? Because he hasn't been given a chance? Sounds like he is extremely confused and angry. He belongs in prison with other angry ppl if he has the ability to murder someone based on political views.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

My question is this. Do I actually have to start killing people for you idiots on the left to understand your threats will not change my political beliefs? Doyou really want people to die? Are YOU willing to be the ones to die? Do you really want to follow this path? I am willing to die to be left alone. Are you willing to die to mess with me?

Are your statements directed to all liberals in general? Why do you assume all liberals are idiots? Why do you assume that this is more than a random incident? You cite the New Black Panthers, et. al, but that could be countered just as quickly with Stormfront, the Klan, the Hutaree and abortion clinic bombers, among many others.

You paint with an awfully large brush, my friend.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
By classifying everybody who doesn't agree with you as a dangerous, murderous maniac you are making the same sweeping generalizations about another group as they are making about you.

This particular person appears to believe that a revolution is the only solution to the ills of our society. His view represents some people's ideology, but not most on the left. Certainly not your rank-and-file liberals.

You are a conservative. Do you believe in bombing federal buildings and murdering abortion providers? Do you believe in killing census takers and showing up with guns at other peoples' political gatherings? What about seceding from the union (this country's been there, done that)? These are some of the stereotypes of people on the right, and these characteristics fit some. But not most.

If you want to be judged on your own merits and not on some propaganda about you, then you need to do the same for others.

BTW: I'm a progressive, and sometimes I meet a fellow leftist who wants to start the revolution right away. But most of the liberals and others on the left that I know and work with politically would be happy to have a conversation with almost anyone who's interested in their ideas.

Sometimes it's interesting to engage in conversation with those on the fringe. Just don't mistake the fringe for the center.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Sestias]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"Am I going to have to start killing people"??????

Do you realize how sick this is?

Are you saying that other people talking can control you to the point that you feel they can make you kill people?

Scary, Dude. Your thoughts and rationales are scary.

If the quality and content of your posts is an example of how you relate to others in your life, I imagine most people DO leave you alone.
And with good reason.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You ever notice that people from both side's tend to say things without considering the consequences? I mean of both their words and of the act they maybe referring. Strikes me that in the US people get shielded from their own foolishness and as a consequence think they can say what they want. As most don't have the spine to make good on their claims. BUT they will be the first ones in line to demonize someone else doing the very same thing. [I am not referring to the op here just a making a generalization]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There are crazies everywhere on the political spectrum. Every party has their nuts too.

On the Left, the Weather Underground, and Animal Liberation Front are straight up terrorists. On the Right, the KKK and Neo-Nazis are also terrorists.

Hatred knows all ideologies, as tragic as it is, every ideology is infected by it or will be some day.

The only thing we can do, all of us, is to try to fight the tide, it will never be perfect, but it sure as hell can be a lot better!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

My problem I this. According to NASA and MENSA I am smarter than 99% of the population.

Many VERY STUPID people on here are like the man I talked to tonight.

I believe him also to be a stupid man.

Do I actually have to start killing people for you idiots on the left to understand your threats will not change my political beliefs?

Their stupidity frightens me.

You seem to look down on people a lot. If you want to have civil, meaningful conversations with people who hold different views than yourself, maybe you should get that problem looked at.
Just an observation.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I receive an Email yesterday that I would say fits what you are talking about.

First off, I do not believe in the wide brush. But, if people want to enact some great utopian ideals, they have to have everyone participate. That is the thing with totalitarians compared to Libertarians. So keep this in mind to the email.

It is making the rounds.

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Rule #1

Idiocy transcends politics and religion

simple and all inclusive

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I receive an Email yesterday that I would say fits what you are talking about.

First off, I do not believe in the wide brush. But, if people want to enact some great utopian ideals, they have to have everyone participate. That is the thing with totalitarians compared to Libertarians. So keep this in mind to the email.

It is making the rounds.

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

Broad brush for someone who does not subscribe to the right left paradigm

I'm just saying...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think everyone needs to take a trip down memory lane.

To them it's ok to protest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join