It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strike Three You are Out! Don't let them fool us again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Over the last several years, the American populace has been manipulated by propoganda in to supporting violent conflict in both Iraq and Afghanistan. These conflicts have cost the United States of America thousands of lives, and trillions of tax payer dollars.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have crippled the American economy. Many states cannot even afford to pay citizens their tax refunds. They have to issue IOU's. Governors have decided to cut unemployemnt benefits. A decision which could land thousands of Americans on the street because they can no longer afford to pay their bills.

We have seen the repercussions of having invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. They aren't pretty. The only people that have benefited from these wars are corporations like Haliburton, BlackWater, Shell, Exxon, Lockheed Martin, and the Military Industrial Complex.

Do you really think that they want to invade Iran to protect our way of life, or do you think that they want to invade Iran in order to protect THEIR way of life?

We were fooled once regarding Afghanistan. We were fooled twice when we went to war in Iraq. Could we really be so stupid as to allow them to fool us a third time in regards to Iran? I would certainly hope not.

Iran does not pose a threat to our way of life. They never have. I think it is time to for us to wise up and tell these sociopaths where they can go. Before they destroy this planet and millions of lives in the process.

-- Isosceles

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isosceles

Could we really be so stupid as to allow them to fool us a third time in regards to Iran?

-- Isosceles

Yes,

If a bomb goes of somewhere, Americans will expect to see some foreigners die for it.
Payback with high technology weaponry really gives some Americans a hard on.

As long as they can watch cruise missiles slamming into some foreign country during the six o'clock news, Americans will be happy.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Personally I think you are right. Our way of life is being torn apart from domestic problems not foreign problems. Now if Iran says they are getting ready to launch a nuke, we need to stop them. That effects everyone. Until then I believe we have many more problems starting with getting our men and women home to protect us here.

I will tell you though. The minute the MSM says we need to go to war, you better believe we are going to war. You would like to think we would learn but sadly this satellite data compression that streams into our heads daily makes learning hard.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow

Could we really be so stupid as to allow them to fool us a third time in regards to Iran?

-- Isosceles

Yes,

If a bomb goes of somewhere, Americans will expect to see some foreigners die for it.
Payback with high technology weaponry really gives some Americans a hard on.

As long as they can watch cruise missiles slamming into some foreign country during the six o'clock news, Americans will be happy.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by Silver Shadow]

I don't think that it is fair to paint all Americans with the same brush like you are doing here. I find it hard to believe that Americans are cheering as they watch missiles being dropped on foreign countries.

That said, I believe that the government, as well as the media, can play a significant role in preparing a nation's citizenry for war. They can also both play a significant role when it comes to generating support for war. Whether that support is achieved through truth or propoganda.

In the case of Iran, I believe it is propoganda. I really don't believe that they would use a nuclear weapon on Israel or any other nation. I do not think that Iran is that ignorant. They are fully aware that if they were to ever use a nuclear weapon to attack another country, that they would be completely annihilated.

Ahmadinejad is crazy, but I don't think he is that crazy.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Personally I think you are right. Our way of life is being torn apart from domestic problems not foreign problems. Now if Iran says they are getting ready to launch a nuke, we need to stop them. That effects everyone. Until then I believe we have many more problems starting with getting our men and women home to protect us here.

I will tell you though. The minute the MSM says we need to go to war, you better believe we are going to war. You would like to think we would learn but sadly this satellite data compression that streams into our heads daily makes learning hard.

I agree with you. We face more danger from within than we do from without. I also agree that if Iran announced that they were going to launch a nuclear weapon, action would most certainly need to be taken. I just don't think that is very likely. In fact, I don't think it is very likely at all.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

We were fooled once regarding Afghanistan. We were fooled twice when we went to war in Iraq. Could we really be so stupid as to allow them to fool us a third time in regards to Iran? I would certainly hope not.

You may have seen the light (literally) & so have many others, but unfortunately there is still hundreds of thousands of sheeple who will still swallow the terrorism tripe that gets fed to them.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

You may have seen the light (literally) & so have many others, but unfortunately there is still hundreds of thousands of sheeple who will still swallow the terrorism tripe that gets fed to them.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by acrux]

I agree. I just do not see how anyone could possibly fall for this crap again. They have already been fooled twice in Afghanistan and Iraq. Hence the name I chose for this thread: "Three Strikes You are Out". It is beginning to sadden me, personally. Afghanistan as a whole never posed a threat to our way of life. Iraq had nothing to do at all with 9/11. Now they claim they are occupying Iraq in order to liberate them. Bullcrap. While they are "liberating" Iraq, they are hugging and holding hands with the Saudi royal family. The same family that enforces a cruel and sadistic dictatorship over their people. There is zero free speech in Saudi Arabia. Women are executed for being the victims of rape, and homosexuals are stoned to death. Yet, Bush holds there hand, and Obama bows to them.

How anyone cannot see that these wars were never about liberation is beyond me. How could anyone actually believe that these politicians care about the rights, freedoms and liberties of others, when they cannot even adhere to and respect the rights, freedoms and liberties of their own citizenry?

Now we are going to allow them to play on our fears again, for the third time, and convince us that Iran poses a significant threat? When do we learn from our mistakes? When do we learn from our stubborness?

The saying fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me comes to mind? How much shame should be cast upon us, if we are fooled a third time? I don't want to know, in all honesty. It will be devastating as well as embarrassing. I think enough innocent people have lost their lives over the last several years or longer. Perhaps it is time to say enough is enough. If those in power want another war, then they can go and fight it themselves.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

You have some misconceptions about Americans then.

I wouldn't enjoy any of it. It would be yet another tragedy at the hands of my corrupt government.

How can you say people will take enjoyment of that.

The American people don't want to go to Iran, they want the troops to come home, to clean up this freaking mess, and be done with it.

top topics

join