It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Going to the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It just dawned on me when my brother and I had a discussion about conspiracies and he mentioned that China was going to the moon, this was many years ago and I never really had much thought about it till now.

One of my brother's major points was that China has the ability to go back and visit the previous lunar modules etc that is left out on the surface by USA and claim there to exist there or not.

What happens when China finds no lunar modules or flags from earlier Apollo flights? And even if they did find them, what would they say and make of it?

Who knows but apparently China is going to the moon sometime, as the "China plans moon landing" news articles always deviate and it seems China hasn't even landed there yet!! (what's going on!?)
(google "China Moon Landing" for multiple articles about "plans" but apparently China "didn't have the tech to do so".
Very fishy that China had plans a decade ago and still hasn't made a landing. )
--

So my basic purpose is this:

Can ATS please tell me what they know about current Chinese space exploration and plans as well as any conspiracies etc based from those subjects? Thanks.

EDIT: added () sections.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by TheBloodRed]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The chinese lunar exploration program or CLEP has been getting delay after delay, no surprise. I doubt that finding the apollo flag will be on their to do list, there has been a boom in interest from china and India in getting there because they may have found out just what the moon is and its history. Space today gives a breif outline
www.spacetoday.org...

I heard china was supposed to be launching a manned mission instead of those probes this year but it doesnt seem like its gonna happen. China has the tech and more that was available for apollo, plus much more man power and a booming economy. They will get there I just think TPTB will fight tooth and nail to delay them.

Currently, China is preparing for a soft landing on the moon in 2012 with a rover vehicle. By around 2017, it hopes to have samples from the moon.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

[edit on 4-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

[edit on 4-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Yeah, I remember hearing about the probe plans as well but apparently those weren't sent either.

Things like this just cry out "Conspiracy!". Thanks for your reply and I hope more people will give some input on this issue as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Soz I couldnt seem to edit this into my last post

After the successful launch of the first manned spacecraft in 2003, the country marked the first spacewalk in December 2008.

Three month later, the first lunar probe concluded its 16-month mission, mapping and creating 3D images of the lunar surface.

hmm where are the 3D maps to be found?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
www.spaceref.com...

Here is a full lunar map, though close up images are yet to be found. I'll update if I see any and post them.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The Chinese are going to the Moon to see if it's another place they can inavde oh, I mean Live... Did I say Invade??, How silly of me.

Their own Country is Overpopulated so, they need the Moon to live on so they have more room to multiply..

You all don't realise it but the Chinese have been watching the ATS site very, very closely. (Or should that be Vewwy Vewwy Cwosewy)

What they've learned from this site is that,
The Moon Is Hollow,
It's A Spaceship,
The Other Side of the Moon Is Populated With Aliens,
The Other side of the Moon has a NASA Moon Base,
The Moon Was Towed There (For What I Don't Know),
Etcetera, Etcetera, Etcetera..

So, in reality, they already think they can live there..

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

WOW, I laughed for several minutes when I read your post.

If the future got their past information from ATS it would collapse in paranoia. A story line like that would be a funny movie. O wait, it sorta already is a movie, and its called Idiocracy.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

You're so sirry!!

Please note that the r-l confusion is a Japanese thing and not a Chinese one...

--

I am sure there are a lot of interest groups watching sites like this. It helps them get a bit of information about the public thought process though I highly doubt they would make such big decisions such as that just because of some crazy spammer's post!

At reast I got one conspiracy repry even though it was a spam post. Sirry trorrs.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
That China is going to the moon I think is great, lets face it America,Europe and Russia are never going back unless someone builds, tests and proves the technology.

China has the money, the man power and the drive and the rest of them are lacking the money.

The biggest problem with NASA and the Americans going to the moon is that they have strangled access to space so badly against there own private industry's that they have no backing from private investors that I know of.

The only thing that will allow NASA to get to the moon quicker than the Chinese is to drop the we are better than everyone attitude, accept private industry and private investors money and make it a commercial viable venture, then and only then will America beat China to the moon.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by jpmail]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Just so you know, NASA is nothing but private investors.

(BOEING, Lockheed Martin to name a few)

YES our tax dollars DO go to those corporations!! xD
--

As for China, I still find it farfetched that they would have trouble to get to the moon. I am pretty sure there may be some underhanded talks with USA and such. Maybe this is why USA is not doing any more space program? To give China the glory it needs this year??

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Ahhh I see my mistake thanks for pointing it out I always thought that these companies where there to do the bidding of NASA.

Can these companies sell there desgins to any one else or are they bound to NASA and just receiving tax dollars for there work?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
They usually only get contracted to do certain jobs. It is funny too because usually NASA sticks with one company over a period of time then switches it up.

I don't know how China does it though. (and please remember the original intent of this topic isn't to discuss USA
)

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Personally,

I won't be cheering them on.

I no longer think that the China Space and Lunar programs are good for competition.

Please don't ask me to elaborate, because I can't (at least not for the moment).

[edit on 4-4-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I do agree that there really is no more political reasons to do it. Go ahead and elaborate when you have the chance and enlighten us. :3

Strange how the space program isn't that big a deal nowadays. It isn't because it is all "said and done", no no it is because there is no reason to push it into the public fray for political reasons anymore.

China on the other hand has massive issues of citizen unrest so showing off the good things China can do(such as the Olympics) helps boost morale.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed

China on the other hand has massive issues of citizen unrest so showing off the good things China can do(such as the Olympics) helps boost morale.

I like the cut of your jib TheBloodRed

Very insightful observation!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Here is a really good recent article about what China is planning to do when(if) they get to the moon. Seems like they will doing quite trivial stuff and nothing too special. They plan to basically do things the USA has already done so it looks just like another morale booster.

A decade+ of planning should include WAYY more than lunar rovers and satellite imaging...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
S&F
I'm surprised that this hasn't had more hits. But I digress.
Yeah about China, I'd support anyone who is against the US in reasons that I believe affect the human race in a way that we cannot see with the naked eye. In other words, the @#$% behind the scenes.

Much thanks to the OP, I completely forgot about topics with relation to the moon, I'll have to look up some things again
. I mean with all the Japan power plant and stuff.

top topics

join