It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert! Texas Law Enforcement Tells Farmers to Arm Themselves Near Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

EL PASO – Texas law enforcement officials are bracing for a bloody weekend along the border, advising farmers to arm themselves as signs across northern Mexico point to a new escalation of violence after coordinated drug cartel attacks against the military this week.

In the northern Mexican states of Nuevo León and Tamaulipas, both bordering Texas, drug cartel gunmen used trucks and buses Tuesday to block approaches to military bases in Reynosa and Matamoros, apparently in an attempt to trap the troops inside. In all, gunmen attacked military targets in a half-dozen towns in the two states.

At least 18 suspected attackers were reported killed. One soldier was reported wounded.

The unease across Mexico has analysts and political leaders questioning the Mexican government's long-term strategy, with at least one leading expert saying the approach is flawed because some "government elements" unwittingly favor one cartel over the other.

Dallas News

No no, what should be happening here is that the national guard ought to be put out in force with orders to shoot to kill if anyone even steps foot over that border. This has gotten way out of hand at the border with Mexico. I am sick of it and I don't even live there. But it pains me to see our legal citizens have to deal with this, and then further told to arm themselves when they have been paying taxes all these years.

Recently it was reported that Texas Governor Rick Perry was considering putting the national guard on the border. Well, stop considering and do it already! Sheesh! How many more of our citizens are going to be killed before you do something, for Christ's sakes????!!!!

Oh, we shouldn't do this because we might inadvertently kill an innocent illegal alien attempting to cross? You just go ahead and bring that argument. Cause I got a mouthful for you.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
this is getting ridiculous.

end the damn drug war and we wont have these damned fools gaining power VIA the black market.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Ummmmm...So the corrupt Mexican government(let's be honest here) is provoking the U.S hmm? Is it illegal for "vigilante" groups to open fire on those people?

oh yeah, and what the guy above me said, that could end it all without violence...but that is no good is it now?

[edit on 4-4-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I agree 100%. The national guard should be called in to protect these citizens. Telling them to arm themselves is like saying "your on your own".
I'm just puzzled as to why this is being ignored. We are all over the world with our troops fighting others battles and all the while we cant even stamp out drug cartels on our own border.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more. They help illegal aliens cross the border, they fly helicopters over, they drive off border patrol agents at gunpoint, and nothing is done. Perhaps after a few ranchers kill some of them, and then they come back in force to retaliate, then the MSM will cover it and there will be no choice but to take meaningful action.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Where is the Texas Militia? All these talks about militias lately and this is the ideal situation where they would come in handy. Either way I hope someone helps these poor farmers.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Where is the Texas Militia? All these talks about militias lately and this is the ideal situation where they would come in handy. Either way I hope someone helps these poor farmers.

I don't know about the Texas militia, but I did read that the Minutemen were disbanding because things were getting "too hot to handle" along the border and they were afraid of potential liability suits.

Another thing I have to wonder is what kinds of weapons are Texas farmers going to be able to get that will defend them against grenades, military weapons, IED's, and the sophisticated weaponry that these drug cartels have acquired? Answer: shotguns, rifles, and pistols?

Screw that. We need tanks, 50 cals, hellfire missiles, and a whole lot of whoop ass. It's time to teach these thugs a lesson.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well, what did you expect to happen?

You gave them the most amazing source of revenue possible -- illegal drugs.

You gave it to them by making it illegal. Guess what -- they're not very nice. Now you've give the most cruel and lawless organizations on the planet the keys to the savings accounts of millions of Americans...

Yea, what exactly did you expect would happen? Cause I saw this coming a long time ago...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The minute men are afraid of law suits.
The national guard is not warranted yet.
The country has no balls left.

It looks like the Farmers are screwed.

But hey, the new Ipad is out now. Yay!

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Well, what did you expect to happen?

You gave them the most amazing source of revenue possible -- illegal drugs.

You gave it to them by making it illegal. Guess what -- they're not very nice. Now you've give the most cruel and lawless organizations on the planet the keys to the savings accounts of millions of Americans...

Yea, what exactly did you expect would happen? Cause I saw this coming a long time ago...

this

has long has Americans and an a huge appetite for drugs there will always be violence

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by The Alamo Ripper

fueled by the black market...

think prohibition in the 20's.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Yes, it's our own damn fault. Pfffft.

I have a frelling question. Why the frell are we fighting in two wars and no troops are on our border at this time?

Hmmmm?

This is the beginning of the false flag. What is next?

Watch for supposed militias to do attacks. Of course these will be done by someone else. They are beginning the same tactics here as over there. Welcome to the NWO, where they cause chaos to reign supreme.

What is the purpose of our military again, oh yeah, protecting the rights of corporations, not the US.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Not to sound to blunt, but if I were one of these farmers and the U.S. government told me to protect myself, I would tell them to go ahead and jail me because they would no longer collect any revenue from me. This is outrageous, we are out in two countries right now trying to save ourselves from terrorists while our own country is falling from the heartland outwards.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Not to sound to blunt, but if I were one of these farmers and the U.S. government told me to protect myself, I would tell them to go ahead and jail me because they would no longer collect any revenue from me.

Not me. I would turn around and say "Great. I want full cover modern body armor, 20 grenades, a shoulder fired SAM launcher, a barrett 50 cal, land and claymore mines, a full outdoor camera security suite with motion detectors and alarms, and a direct telephone line to border patrol. I'll supply the shotgun and pistol. "

Not that I'd ever bother using the telephone line, mind you. But hey, if Americans are expected to protect themselves from Mexican drug cartels, let's get serious here.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
this is getting ridiculous.

end the damn drug war and we wont have these damned fools gaining power VIA the black market.

You legalize everything ok, and so weed, coc aine, heroin, meth and whatever else gets made up is available for everyone and they pay taxes.

Fine.

But I have a hard time believing that these drug lords well that's too nice, these pathetic small dicked cowards aren't going to get a day job and volunteer at a homeless shelter.

I figure that if they felt that the business' now have the drugs to sell, the scumbags will just move onto something else like selling children as sex slaves, and women as sex slaves.

@endisnighe

I have a frelling question. Why the frell are we fighting in two wars and no troops are on our border at this time? Hmmmm?

I don't think it's a false flag or anything sinister like that, it's just americans have this, "awww poor poor mexican' attitude, that all mexicans do is the hard work noone else wants to do, and that we shouldn't be racist and close the border off, it's that simple.

And because this border is so open, drug cartels take advantage of it rightfully. I mean if I leave all my doors not just unlocked but open, and open up all my windows, then leave my money on the counter and locked myself in the closet what do you think would happen?

Of course robbers would come and take valuable stuff, and just to seem like badasses graffiti would be everywhere, then people in need would take a little bit of food from my refrigerator.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

lol, yes, they wont evaporate overnight, just because drugs are legalized. They have enough money saved up to keep operating, but A) they would lose those revenue streams from drugs, which would significantly cripple them, B) new drug lords and cartels could not crop up and replace them.

But, as you said, most of the damage is already done, and going to war with the drug lords is going to be very painful.. After all, they have hundreds of millions of dollars in cold hard cash, and they're expert smugglers.

Just think of what kind of stuff they'll smuggle into the country and then blow up in a crowded city street out of pure spite, if they know their days are numbered.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Pffft... what is worse is if one of these farmers actually shoot a cartel thug... the thug will SUE him and take his farm.... it is insane... But better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Tsk-tsk. People are getting all mad at the mexicans (cartels, illegals & gov, etc.) and sayin get the national guard to shoot anyone crossing the border in order to save American lives... Some of us are forgetting one of the conspiracy investigator`s #1 tools he/she has at hand, and that is: Always follow the money!
The poor mexican people have to deal with these cartels and corrupted officials and deaths not because the drug cartels are making a profit off their consumption, but because they are climbing over eachothers corpses to get this product across the border where it magically grows up to 10x or more in value. Why is it so valuable here in the states? Thanks to the war on drugs, drugs are "more rare" and therefore harder to acquire, and thus more valuable. The US drug policy, in a way, dictates the street price of all narcotics. They crack down harder, bust more incoming shipments, that particular drug becomes harder to find and the prices are driven upward. They decide to relax a bit, more drugs flow in and there is a surplus, and the prices can go down accordingly. Now keep in mind that this does not really effect the level where the drug actually reaches the user. In other words, an 8th of an oz of weed will almost always cost $40. It`s the dealers who reap the rewards or pay the price when it comes to fluctuations in the market. Anyway, it`s the US drug policy that creates a job for these cartels.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I actually agree with the idea of taking the troops out from our bases in Germany and Japan and putting them on the border. It may serve this country better.

Illegal aliens are costing america millions a year. Many want to just work and are not lazy but they are making it unfair for those seeking citizenship here through legal ways.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I think bush proposed giving them some kind of special permit.. Then they would also pay taxes. Not sure if minimum wage applies or not.. Man, they do work for cheap, though.. I'm not exactly opposed to an influx of super cheap labor -- especially if they are appreciative to have the job -- especially if the job only pays 4 bucks an hour

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join