It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apple iPad Conspiracy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i agree, the largest people behind it though would be the newspaper industries, they are dying very fast, one of the main apps on the ipad is getting subscriptions to news papers.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I want to talk about another thing also, and that is the perception and reviews it has gotten.

The tech world is all the same when it comes to this manner. More often than not, review sites are paid off to give a good review. Apples does this. Microsoft does this. Game companies do this. Anything that gets reviewed, this happens. So this is not new.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by johnny2127

Originally posted by SpectreDC
reply to post by johnny2127

YOU PAID 600 DOLLARS FOR AN IPOD TOUCH YOUR OPINION IS NULL AND VOID.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by SpectreDC]

A) Don't tell other people how to spend their money.

B) You don't own one, so you don't know what you are talking about concerning an iPad.

C) Innovation requires people to think outside the box my friend. So while you call me a drone, you are the one trying to fit the iPad into one of your preconceived notions. Its a new product category my friend. Don't believe me, thats fine. But there is a reason innovators and inventors don't think like you and aren't as closed-minded as you appear to be

A. When did I say how to spend your money? I said it was a waste of money. I never told you how to spend it, merely I believe you spent it unwisely. That is not a dictation in how one must spend their money.

B. How do you know I don't own one? Furthermore, considering the amount of buzz, the fact that the specs and abilities have been out for a while, and the fact that I actually have used one because I associate with individuals who have been given one free of charge due to their media connections, I think my opinion does have some credence. I used to be heading into the computer world as a career path; I understand technology very well. I know what the specs mean and what the thing is capable of. It's lacking many things it simply shouldn't be lacking.

C. If you had read what I said, which is increasingly becoming evident you haven't, you would have read that I did say this was an innovation but an innovation that came out too early. First off this is only innovative because it is the first thing of its kind on the market. This tech has been around for a while, just not for wide application. The iPad is an attempt to make it widely applicable, and it can be, but it's simply lacking too many things it should have for it to be truly useful outside of gimmicks. It needs more stuff. No USB? No Flash? No multitasking? No full OS?

If I could listen to music while reading a book with this thing, I wouldn't be saying this. But you can't! I might as well set at home, read a book at home, and listen to music on my computers stereo system. All it is, is a larger iPod Touch with a few free apps. That's it.

The BIGGEST problem with it though, beyond everything else, which makes it not only a bad buy but a foolish buy, is that the battery can not be replaced. It is built in. What was the last think Apple did that had this same problem? It was called the MacBook Air. And it wasn't that popular or successful.

Are you happy with your 600$ paper weight? Will you be happy when the paper weight doesn't turn on any more and you need to buy a brand new one?

When you tell me I am not entitled to having an opinion on the iPad because I spent $600 on one, you are making it pretty clear that you yourself didn't buy one. Additionally, looking at tech specs does not tell you how the device is going to work or how it will fit into your everyday life. Sad thing is, you'll be like most people that rip on it now..... you'll rip on it, then play with a friends, and then you'll end up being one of its biggest supporters. This is a new product category, not an old one. Most of this item is purely about media and content consumption. Its all your books, magazines, email, internet, movies, tv shows, etc, all bundled into one device the size of a magazine. If you want a real keyboard you can buy one.

Sincerely, the problem is most of you are failing to think outside the box. You are failing to see the innovation that this is because you haven't put your hands on one and spent a few hours playing with it. This device is amazing, and it the first version of it, both in terms of software and hardware. As they update software and apps, most of you doubters will turn into proponents, mark my words.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I just find it hard to find a proper use to a device with 500$ price tag that dont do what the other devices I already have does.

if we think about Bluray, it started as a Bluray Player. Now, they added a lot of tech so we can experience other things. The problem is that bluray price wasnt that expensive, it was a competitive price.

The iPad its an e-Book reader that they tried to make it look like a computer and sell it like one.

The iPad provides a beautiful gadget to our home, but like my first post, its hard to support the hype.

I really think the device works amazingly to use it as an e-Book reader, I saw people using it, it really is great, but the thing is that when you pay the price of a top notebook for this kind of device, you should expect the best, and you should expect to not be limited by it ...

but I am waiting for your review, try to focous on what kind of tasks you are able to do with the iPad, how many hours you use during your days, at what places, if you replaced anything to use an iPad, and please update during time, so we know that what you wrote wasnt part of the initial hype of the product

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It's not meant to replace a computer, there is no conspiracy, and it's just a big version of the iTouch/iPhone.

Seriously that's all it is, a bigger version of an existing product. Why so much publicity? That's just Apple's hype.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

we know the iPad applications

iPad is a device that will be used by these people that bought like it was a toy, play with the amazing interface. After a month or two, we will know whats the deal with the iPad. But in my opinion, people will use it to read in the bed, people wont use it to go to work, wont use it to go to class, wont use it as a note/net or desktop replacement

as I said before, if you read a lot of e-Books that you buy thought apple store, it may be a great device

reply to post by grrrrt

maybe, did you read the article I recommended in the thread? they are already selling newspaper/megazine thought the device, like a month fee ... and a lot of good reviews for a product that it is probably useless for most people, besides the money factor

so ... it makes us think at least

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

we know the iPad applications

iPad is a device that will be used by these people that bought like it was a toy, play with the amazing interface. After a month or two, we will know whats the deal with the iPad. But in my opinion, people will use it to read in the bed, people wont use it to go to work, wont use it to go to class, wont use it as a note/net or desktop replacement

as I said before, if you read a lot of e-Books that you buy thought apple store, it may be a great device

reply to post by grrrrt

maybe, did you read the article I recommended in the thread? they are already selling newspaper/megazine thought the device, like a month fee ... and a lot of good reviews for a product that it is probably useless for most people, besides the money factor

so ... it makes us think at least

I can agree with some of that. But I do think it will be used in schools. Absolutely. Many universities have already ordered them for next falls incoming freshmen. Why? They can put all their text books on the devices, while also being able to link pages to emails and class notes, etc. Hospitals are buying them for doctors and nurses as the interface for records and to link amongst the hospital. For my industry I'll use it primarily as a client presentation screen and mobile interface. But those that need raw processing power and use it to create things.... no its not that device. Never was meant to be.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't know about you.. but you can jailbreak your iphone.. So I am sure, one can jailbreak the ipad once its released. There will be people who are up for it. And yes.. once its jail breaken, then the centralization idea becomes irrelevant... thats my opinon

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pajjikor
... I already want one of those electronic book readers, why not one I can download apps on, and listen to music. Plus the gaming aspect is pretty cool, you can steer a car by turning the screen.

Yes, those ebook readers are pretty cool, that e-ink technology is incredible!

However, I read that the iPad doesn't even have this, and they still use the regular old hard-on-the-eyes lcd screen. What a disappointment for a so-called cutting edge product!

I think I'll stick with my Sony reader for the time being.... only $159 on sale, and yes you can listen to music on it, too. (A bit more for the touch-screen model)

As for games, I never seem to find time to play them, so like I said, I'll be sticking with the old Sony reader for now.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
1)UH i think I did read...your title is "the apple Ipad "CONSPIRACY". sorry for NOT reading?
2)I don't think the media thinks it is any sort of salvation. New interesting tech is always in the media
3)do you know of other apple products that are extremely hyped/advertised? Ipod/Iphone/Itouch/Macbooks?
4)the "flaws" you mention are all "flaws" that are on the Iphone but no one seems to have a problem with that considering everyone and their brother has one.

Are you just bitter because I shot down all your points or are you just trying to cling to your thread?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

wow... i think we've hit conspiracy rock bottom.
The review you linked was 100% unbiased. IN fact, if anything i think it smeared ipad a little more than made it so "great".
This is a joke. NY times is already on the internet. It doesnt matter if its on your ipad on your macbook or your HP. The ipad doesnt make a difference there.
The ipad is not a netbook or a laptop, so why are you comparing it to one? Its a big ass iphone. Is that what you wanted? Cool. buy it. It isnt? Ok, dont buy it.
And just to throw it out there, it doesnt have hdmi but it does have a VGA adapter so you can hook it up to your bigger monitor.

People will find anything they can to criticize apple these days. Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperManny

Originally posted by Pajjikor
... I already want one of those electronic book readers, why not one I can download apps on, and listen to music. Plus the gaming aspect is pretty cool, you can steer a car by turning the screen.

Yes, those ebook readers are pretty cool, that e-ink technology is incredible!

However, I read that the iPad doesn't even have this, and they still use the regular old hard-on-the-eyes lcd screen. What a disappointment for a so-called cutting edge product!

I think I'll stick with my Sony reader for the time being.... only $159 on sale, and yes you can listen to music on it, too. (A bit more for the touch-screen model)

As for games, I never seem to find time to play them, so like I said, I'll be sticking with the old Sony reader for now.

its got an LED LCD screen. Every *newer* small device uses an LCD screen. In about 5 years you might see OLED(developed by sony) but not anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

Exactly this ipad is not first generation, the ebook reader tablet thing has had many generations already.

The screen on the ipad although ips monitor, is still lcd, meaning you have rubbish viewing other than perfect light like inside(take the thing into the sun drenched garden or beach). I will not buy it even if i had the money as lcd screen would be bad for my eyes as i get tired reading from lcds. I know others read from computers just fine, but not me.

Ebook reader / computer needs a screen people can sit in sun with and read go to bed at night and read in dark with light.

Ipad is not first generation anything, it is just trying to corner a market that has existed for ages, and is one of the only ones left for portable computing, i.e the ebook reader/computer/tablet thing.

For me it looks nice and has a nice ips screen, but for reading i would say a no.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

I am a PACS Administrator (Software that displays computerized medical images). Viewing images on a tablet wirelessly is not practical. Granted they have software to view images (not DICOM compliant) on the iPhone, ask any physician or radiologist and they would not even consider viewing images on the iPhone. I don't see the iPad having enough power to view the images any faster/clearer than an iPhone.

JT

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dtalon3

lol

yeah ... since I made a theory about the Illuminati or reptilians please, give me a break

I dont troll and I dont feed too

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Interesting Food for thought.

I think Millions of people are asking themselves "Why all the hype?" and not getting a real answer.

Either they are marketing geniuses or they have backing by some hidden agenda.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

yeah, thats why I recommended that review

in any moment I argue that the review I recommended was poor or anything

its amazing how so many people here dont even tryto read, dont have any interpretation skills, and dont read (again)

if you want to find the NYT review, you can search yourself

the problem here is that people think conspiracy is something supernatural, instead of just business

many media websites are promoting the device since they will be able to provide a centralization of their product, its just logic

if you dont think the promotion of a product because of a future profit that they may obtain is a conspiracy, then you should start learning communication 1 on 1 all over again

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenblaz

You may be right, but i would think an ipad would be good for text books, if i was a student, with good eyesight that does not mind lcd screen.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

can u explain why some college would recommend iPad instead of a common netbook ?

I dont get it ... whats the advantage

price? no
size? no
performance? no
beauty? yes

thats something I would like to know your opinion

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

in theory, one ipad and the e versions of the text books will, after 4 years of college, cost less.

plus you can spin the pictures while studying. that's always fun

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join