learn more

The Apple iPad Conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I doubt there is any conspiracy for this commercial product. The Apple marketing team just did another amazing job in convincing the world that they should buy a iPad and not all those hundreds of different similar tablet readers like Kindle, P88, Que and so on. And if the Apple marketing for the good reviews? Ah well, it is not like the others did not do that, Apple just did it better.

Besides, the market for these PC tablet readers were tiny and slowly developing until Amazon put out the Kindle. Apple just capitalized with a good marketing strategy (not neccessary top-notch or superior quality) this market.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I spend $200/month on books. I think that takes me out of the "casual reader" category.

I don't have much of a problem reading from a good display - the only thing that's a PITA with using my laptop for that purpose is that it's tough to get comfortable with one. I certainly have done it, though. I've spent days on end working at my computer (for quite a few years now), and I haven't suffered any ill effects. Can't see why the iPad would be any different.

It occurs to me, though - I guess I'm buying in to the conspiracy. I've already got an image in mind of being able to sit back with a coffee and browse the Saturday papers from back home - and it's people like me that the print news media is counting on to pull them out of their death spiral.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonestarworks...
And I know for sure Microsoft is coming out with a much better version of the ipad. Its top secret according to Microsoft but its coming soon. Think amazon kindle version of the ipad.
MS has already put out a much better version of Windows... but MS does not directly control the hardware put out by HP, Dell, et al.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I find that i cannot read books on computer screen, while you find it ok.

Thats the problem for colour, you may find some like you that are ok with it, but a person like me finds computer screen reading hard on my eyes.

But if you buy $200 a month on books, i would buy one if i was you. It looks agreat size for a ebook reader, and if your comfortable with the screen then go for it.

But for me na, i will wait until they find and make a colour screen that all agree is good for your eyes.

The funny thing is that r murdock said the times would go subscription, just before this, so who knows, maybe they get together and he was waiting for a ipad type device to come out for subs on the online times also.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Adjusting the gamut is out of the question?
Most monitor vendors offer color corrections.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Any new electronic products are full of flaws and bugs, which if it sells the company behind it will try to debug and improve. So yeah, you should wait for the newer versions and technology. Newer technology, lower price very often. Issue might be though that like me I would wait on for ages because those new stuff keep on coming out.....

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

So think about that- you read books... and for every book you read, you are presented with two pages- one on the left and one on the right... and you read through the left page, start at the top of the right and read through that, then flick that page to the left, exposing the next two pages....

The action of flicking soft pages from the right to the left, left to right, or in along vertical axis via software in response to finger pressure and motion is hereby copyrighted, 4/4/2010 03:47 PST
Applying additional pressure to the screen in order to inform the system that multiple pages, in response and corresponding to the pressure exerted on the touch pad should be scrolled (flicked) simultaneously, is also herby copyrighted.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Ok, I've thought about it:

Your strawman makes no sense at all.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Apple tech is quite good, and actually necessary if your doing advanced video production, every dj uses sorrado now, and for engineers the CAD programs are the best. That being said, the hardware is quality, but way overpriced. And my jailbroken iPhone can do way more than the iPad currently can, including running multiple apps at the same time and flash support. Maybe when the Hackintosh dev team mods it, it will be worth getting one. probably not even then though. HP makes a great touchscreen netbook, i'm on an HP netbook now, dual booting both win xp and mac osx leopard, so I'm guessing you could just run the os on any touch screen. The iPad os will probably be available for download on the net within weeks, cant wait to try running it on a pc. In today's world, both Windows and Mac are needed. Mac for the technical stuff, Windows because its compatible with just about everything. Those "lifestyle" mac users with the black rim glasses forever writing a novel (cough bull$#!+ cough) at some coffee shop need a new way to pick up girls, they give all mac users a bad name. It's people like that, trying to pass themselves off as "creative types" that will ruin it for all mac users. If all the turtlenecked yuppies start making mac a trend like "green" or what have you, then bad people will start making viruses for macs, which at this point are almost exclusively a windows problem. Just my two dubloons on the subject.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
reply to post by abecedarian

Ok, I've thought about it:

Your strawman makes no sense at all.

Kind of like your post.

At least say what doesn't make sense. Otherwise, you only look like an idiot that gave up trying to figure it out and replied that it made no sense in order to force the blame on me.

Kind of like the Apple advertisements that say "It just works" when in fact it doesn't work for a lot of people.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Kind of like your post.

What possible bearing could having a patent on the operating functionality of an iPad have on... anything, really? Seems to me, you're trying to suggest that because apple has patented their user interface, I should be terrified that one day I might have to forward apple a royalty for picking up a piece of paper.

Which would be a strawman, and would make no sense at all.

Care to clarify?

[edit on 4-4-2010 by vox2442]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442...
Care to clarify?

[edit on 4-4-2010 by vox2442]
Ever hear of hyperbole?

How about "prior art"?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Ever hear of hyperbole?

Yes, I have. And your post bears no resemblance to it.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Ever hear of hyperbole?

Yes, I have. And your post bears no resemblance to it.

So you missed the whole "exaggeration for effect"

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

So you missed the whole "exaggeration for effect"?

Sorry. Just sounded like paranoid ranting.

Better luck next time.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

So you missed the whole "exaggeration for effect"?

Sorry. Just sounded like paranoid ranting.

Better luck next time.
Good luck to you too.

*edit- fixed your quote blocks with a thumb flick, and an index finger tap and slide, then click

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I find it does not help, maybe you have perfect eyesight. I find after i messed around with colours etc, after a while my eyes become tired as well.

But i have a sony ebook reader, and its just like reading a book for me, but i want a colour one for text books, that can do graphics.

If i had the money i would buy an ipad, but i do not, so i will wait for another company to make a dedicated ebook reader that is colour and not lcd.

So i will wait for a colour dedicated ebook reader, do not care for all the frills, as i am sure someone will do a colour one and its just a ebook reader, and does pdfs without having to convert.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I find it does not help, maybe you have perfect eyesight. I find after i messed around with colours etc, after a while my eyes become tired as well.

But i have a sony ebook reader, and its just like reading a book for me, but i want a colour one for text books, that can do graphics.

If i had the money i would buy an ipad, but i do not, so i will wait for another company to make a dedicated ebook reader that is colour and not lcd.

So i will wait for a colour dedicated ebook reader, do not care for all the frills, as i am sure someone will do a colour one and its just a ebook reader, and does pdfs without having to convert.

Most likely, everything coming up will be OLED, meaning LCD will be out of the picture (pun not intended).

And you will always have problems with devices based on reflected versus transmitted light.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well as an avid Apple fan I have to disagree with you. I have both an Apple and a PC (which I hate btw) and I cant wait to get my iPad. I have the iPhone as well and I love it. For me the iPad is much easier to carry around vs carrying my bulky 17in laptop everywhere. I am always online doing something and it's a pain to lug this thing around. My iphone is great but the screen is a tad too small to do things online with it. As far as it missing certain things, well there are always ways around it
I think it's a great product, a little on the expensive side but that's Apple for you. Most people who talk crap about Apple products really have no clue how easy they are to use and how much nicer they are. Apple really is a great product. I never had problems with my Apple like I do on this thing I have now...I am only on a PC because my Apple was dropped and I swear it takes all I have not to chuck it off the balcony
but I guess that is one argument nobody will win..

I think just like the iPhone, that with each model they put out they will upgrade the things it lacks..The one thing I wish they would fix is the flash issue. I can get around it, but it's a pain in the butt! Having flash would be great. I did read that Apple and Adobe have been arguing over this for years.. One of them needs to give!

See big Apple fan:
and yes it's permanent

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join