It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apple iPad Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Originally posted by Pajjikor
reply to post by abecedarian

My bad not 4G but you can buy one with 3G, but you have to go through Sprint.

They come out late April.

store.apple.com...

Umm... proof / link?
Usually don't like to quote myself, but I did ask for proof.

No-contract, 3G service.
In the U.S., 3G service will be available from AT&T. You can choose from two breakthrough data plans — no contract required.

AT&T 3G data plans for iPad
Data per month Price per month
250MB/month $14.99
Unlimited $29.99

Easy sign-up.
You sign up for 3G service right on your iPad. And you can monitor your data usage and change your plan at any time, including switching to unlimited data or canceling 3G service if you know you won't need it. Learn more about iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G

Nothing about Sprint, just AT&T.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I bit the Bullet (Maybe got sucked in) and bought an iPhone. I bought it mainly to see what all the hype was about.

Other than an excellent user interface, it doesn't do anything more than a Normal Smartphone can do. It's the GUI that really makes the iPhone.

It's the Advertising and the Hype that Surrounds Apples Products that gets people sucked into buying their Product. It sort of makes you feel out of place if you don't have one and the person next to you does.

I'd like to know if any of Apples Products will flop? The iPad certainly needs to flop because it's basically useless but, because of the clever Advertising, everyone will want one.

When I watched the news this morning, there were lines of people lined up to Buy and iPad. WHY??? It hasn't even been released with it's full potential yet. No 3G, no WiFi, No Camera, but, it does have a VGA output.

Sorry, I just got an Email from Apple saying it has been released with WiFi. The Email I got yesterday stated it was Unavailable.

My iPhone now sit's in it's draw with all the other Smartphonnes and Palm Pilots that I've bought over the years.

I use a Samsung GT-S8300T Phone. I does everything I want it to do. Touch Screen as well as Keypad etc. Best of all, I can make a simple Phone Call with it. I Don't have to Swipe the Screen this way or that way, 5 times to make a call.

I did by an N97 which is a great Phone but lacks a decent software package.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
this thing is junk it cant even multitask

my nintendo DS does more then the ipad will ever do.
the good thing though is the value of apples stock will rise due to apples die hard cult following who will buy anything with an apple logo on it.

wahoo heres to next quarter!!!!!! drinks all around!!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
As far as i am concerned it is just an ebook reader. It will not replace laptops.

Doesn't it only do one process at a time, big drawback for todays devices.

Far too expensive too.

I want a colour ebook reader that does pdf files, but ipad is far too expensive for me and others. There are bound to be plenty of colour readers sooner or later.

Sony for me made the best grey scale reader, so i would assume they are working on a colour ones too.

Hopefully a colour ebook reader comes out for around 200 quid sooner or later.

For me ipad is a no no. Like all apple prods just too expensive.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I put a link on there, maybe you need to learn how to read.

Just in case here is another link from the same website with an exert. But once again you proved I was a little off, it is AT&T not Sprint

store.apple.com...-plan-faqs

What are the 3G data plan options from AT&T?
There are two monthly data plans: 250MB or unlimited. There’s no contract, and you can sign up and change your service right on your iPad. In addition, AT&T data plans include unlimited access to over 20,000 Wi-Fi hotspots at locations including Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, and more.

How can I find out if I have coverage in my area?
Simply enter your street address, city, and state or zip code in the AT&T Data Coverage Viewer.

Am I required to purchase a data plan if I buy an iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G?
No. When you’re ready to use 3G service, just sign up for a contract-free data plan right on your iPad. You can always use the built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi to access the Internet.

Can I use my current iPhone service plan with the iPad?
No. The cellular plan for iPhone is separate from the iPad plan.

Can I use my iPad while traveling outside of the U.S.?
You can connect to Wi-Fi hotspots anywhere in the world. Please check with AT&T regarding international 3G usage.

Stop being so nit-picky, o and way to cover up that you had no clue what you were talking about. At-least that is what it seems like.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Pajjikor]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
FWIW-
Do not confuse Sprint 4G with AT&T / Verizon 4G. The former is based on WiMax, evolved from CDMA, while the latter is based on LTE, evolved from CDMA as well, but different- two different technologies offering similar capabilities, with the primary difference is WiMax has been rolled out / implemented first.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

I do not need to learn to read. Maybe I need to learn to review links posted in support of posts but as you yourself said, you were wrong- it was AT&T, not Sprint. Maybe it is you who needs to read and post correctly?

I've posted already that Sprint 4G is not the same as AT&T, and even Verizon with regards to 4G, the former being WiMax and the latter being LTE.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I put a link on there, maybe you need to learn how to read.

Just in case here is another link from the same website with an exert. But once again you proved I was a little off, it is AT&T not Sprint

store.apple.com...-plan-faqs

What are the 3G data plan options from AT&T?
There are two monthly data plans: 250MB or unlimited. There’s no contract, and you can sign up and change your service right on your iPad. In addition, AT&T data plans include unlimited access to over 20,000 Wi-Fi hotspots at locations including Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, and more.

How can I find out if I have coverage in my area?
Simply enter your street address, city, and state or zip code in the AT&T Data Coverage Viewer.

Am I required to purchase a data plan if I buy an iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G?
No. When you’re ready to use 3G service, just sign up for a contract-free data plan right on your iPad. You can always use the built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi to access the Internet.

Can I use my current iPhone service plan with the iPad?
No. The cellular plan for iPhone is separate from the iPad plan.

Can I use my iPad while traveling outside of the U.S.?
You can connect to Wi-Fi hotspots anywhere in the world. Please check with AT&T regarding international 3G usage.

Stop being so nit-picky, o and way to cover up that you had no clue what you were talking about. At-least that is what it seems like.

I build sites and implement these things.

If I, the person on the ground installing coaxial cable, antennae, power systems and such... if I do not know what I'm talking about... I invite you to come here and do my job.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by V1g0r0u5

sorry man but actually I dont have a laptop for me right now, and I dont have a netbook, and since I understand about computers I got interest in investigating if an iPad would be a good fit for me

doing the research I understood that an iPad wouldnt be a good fit for ANYONE

you only will buy an iPad if you dont use computers much, but if you dont use it much, why would you pay 500$

so I decided to do a thread about why this thing has been getting a lot of media attention and why important facts about it are not being covered by the media, and I think I got the answer

I dont need to own something to know which features are avaliable in a product, thats why Internet exists, so we can take a look of experiences and information and make our own minds before buying;

do you buy everything before investigating if thats what you need???
the iPad was made to sell iBooks, to people use it as a reading machine ... 500$ for a great reading machine that doesnt do what a computer does with the same price? I mean, it doesnt make sense to me

you need to realize that in any moment I talk about the user experience, maybe its great, I just talked about the features; if you buy something by its beauty and by the interface that shines when you look at it, maybe its a good fit for you, but realistic speaking, its not a good product for its value;

since you are the only one here trying to find an agenda to my post, well, you should be one of the apple fanboys ... buy one and then try to tell us about it, we will be happy to hear how did u replace your laptop for this ipad

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

agreed

about 3G, the price is 800$ for an iPad with 3G

its much more expensive than the 500$ without 3G

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Since it's come to this... spend some time looking up "Angel Project" and AT&T Fixed Wireless. Speeds approaching broadband, but wireless; portable phone numbers; and 10 years ago.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Can we stop this game of Charades? You already mentioned to me the Ipad/Apple doesn't offer 4G, so you wrong again, your 4G comment is useless argument.

Plus we both admitted we were wrong about the site I posted. Both of us didn't read it in its entirety. So lets call it fair and leave it be.

I didn't mean to insult you, just bring bits of knowledge into light that you were not aware of.

As for saying you did not know what you were talking about I was talking about this

Originally posted by abecedarian

My bad not 4G but you can buy one with 3G, but you have to go through Sprint.

They come out late April.

store.apple.com...

Umm... proof / link?

and then coming back to correct yourself, I understand you have a hard job, I do the same line of work, i do splicings and such. So I could do your job, sorta.

No hard feelings

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I own a company that sells laptop parts. I know the industry very well. The Ipad is a useless POS. Its annoying to use, its not good for doing business, for the same size piece of equipment for roughly the same price you can get a easy to use better working laptop.

Apples in general are only for fashion. You can get 5 DV7 HP laptops at market price for the cost of a used Macbook pro Air. All have about the same computing power and speed. The funny thing. They all have most of the same parts! made by the same companies. The big difference is the installed software and the plastic covers. Most of the parts are not made by Apple or HP or whoever made the laptop. Its not like cars. Most laptops use the same parts as most other laptop brands.

Now the ipad. Apple sells most of its products like a high end clothing store. Its not so much about the functionality anymore, its about the name and the logo. That is the marketing strategy too. They want people to buy the Ipad because its cool to have and if you have one, you look like a bad ass. I know a girl who goes out to coffee bars and has her macbook, iphone, AND her ipad out at the same time. ? WHY! I run a multi million dollar company off a dv6000 HP laptop i bought for $150! and a phone i got at walmart for $25!

I see the ipad fizzling out. No way its going to be useful enough. its jsut a fashion accessory that is being publicized so they can make some extra sales. It may not be useful but it will sell like crazy, its not going to replace the laptop. No one wants to try and work on a flat tablet. Its just plain annoying. Its why tablet laptops are not selling well. There irritating and slow to use. Hell, im using my GFs tablet right now and have it on laptop mode. Ive never seen it used as a Tablet. I hate it and so does my GF.

Apple seems to be great at brain washing people into thinking its the greatest stuff on earth. Everyone says the same thing. Oh there great for video editing and stuff like that! None of whom have ever edited a video in their lives and all have $2000 macbooks to check their facebook accounts and write papers which an old 90's P3 computer could handle just fine. But the thing is, its cool to have and in most cases papa paid for it.

And I know for sure Microsoft is coming out with a much better version of the ipad. Its top secret according to Microsoft but its coming soon. Think amazon kindle version of the ipad.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I don't get the hype over this thing. Apple seems to like taking two steps forward only to take one step back, this being one giant leap backwards. And yet there are legions of fanboys swooning and the singing the praises of what is essentially just a big light-up clip board. I mean come on a simple Etch-A-Sketch has more capabilities than this thing (and definitely fosters creativity a whole lot more)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93f6039b9893.jpg[/atsimg]

As for the "conspiracy" element I definitely think there is an attempt in the media to hypnotize us into liking this thing. It seems like a lot of outlets were in on it helping Apple take what they knew was a terrible idea and polishing it... but you know what they say about polishing excrement
Its as though "they" assume that any shiny thing with a touch screen will have us drooling all over ourselves.

Luckily many of the reviews I've seen of the iPad have been scathing and merciless so apparently no matter how much phony hype and fanboy support they can drum up there is still a large portion of the public who aren't buying it... which kind of gives me hope that the public isn't as brainwashed as we all thought they were...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The only thing I see conspiracy about it, while I appreciate your point, is to sell more useless crap at a higher price. The cult of followers that they created at the turn of the century will buy this thing and won't even think about it. The Leopard OS, I believe, at one time had 25% adoption with 33% of the market share. Luxury tax to screw people that buy into it, and the MSM are the biggest pushers of this as they are embedded into this cult.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lonestarworks

For right now it is a fashion accessory, but tablets have promise.

Doctors can use them to access files faster, plus you can put all of your paperwork in one area, as well as being able to show patients important information, or sign documents.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a0b71978902.jpg[/atsimg]

It can be used by anyone in who needs to do alot of paperwork that needs signing and documentation. I not saying Ipad is the future, but tablets are.

Plus it would help artists transition from drawing on paper to drawing on an electronic surface.

No more need for a mouse, just a pen-like structure if you want to write/draw.

I agree the only conspiracy is how much the news media is hyping it up.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I like it. And I'll probably buy one. Maybe not this generation, but certainly the next.

Why?

Off the bat, it'll replace my electronic dictionary that's on it's last legs ($400 - need Japanese - French - English with stylus input for kanji), it'll take the place of the car navi system I've been looking at ( about $300), and it'll cut down on the amount I spend at amazon (I easily spend $200/mo there on books). Oh, and I'll be able to renew my subscriptions to a couple of newspapers from back home, and I'll likely be able to get the magazines I currently subscribe to delivered before anything and everything of interest has already been disseminated online, for cheaper than I currently pay.

Even if I bought it and used it ONLY for a dictionary and downloading free books from the Gutenberg website, I figure it'd be worth the sticker price.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Are you a reader for long hours. Remember this has a lcd screen not like the ebook readers that have special screens.

If your a casual reader i would say it would be ok.

The thing that goes for it are that it looks a great size for a ebook reader, and it does look good. But the price, multi tasking not there, and the lcd screen put me of even considering it.

Remember reading on computer screens can be very hard on your eyes, anyone read on this for long, and give a reply.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

lol at the pic.

On the conspiracy yep i think media people love apple stuff. The media do have a massive hold over people and when it comes to products selling, they do there job well.

Lets face it electronic mind control and brain washing with electronic toys has been around for at least 60 years now. If the right people want to sell something to the public alot of us will buy.

I always try to put the fascination with apple into a short sentence, but its something you cannot put into words, i think we all know, and it does affect us all even though we do not buy there products.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join