It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apple iPad Conspiracy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
Macs are dumb, Go pc

the microsoft "pad" computer looks way cooler

Mac's are GREAT for making music on though....

Horrible for gaming....

I do both.....I've since not been able to play many pc games.

It's pretty dissapointing, not to mention the games i can play ( games from 2000,2001) are selling on apples store for 59.99, 39.99...ect...

For games that are over ten years old...not to mention the crap graphics card.

But My Macbook pro is Amazing for making music...

The got that part very right.

This I pad thing though is just going to fail hard...

I personally think it's a set up for something much bigger....what that is I couldn't tell you..

Why don't these people at these companies get smart and start making all their products compatible and connected to eachother...

example:

The Main base computer....The screen can pop off and turn into a FULL laptop( i realize certain devices exist but are not FULL lap top..

Then also have a dock that connects in your phone and mp3 player, and speakers, and multiple usb..( 4) ...

Then market the connectivity of all them..

Also would include seperate gaming device like a gameboy advance that would attach right to the main base computer which would give you whole different options for gaming....also allow downloads to both gaming, and mp3 devices...and they all have attachement places that are designed in a neat way that ADDS to the main device and does not take away the ease of use..

Then you sell content for the mp3, the gaming device, the laptop only portion, the main base, content for only when all devices are connected to give a higher value element to the device for people who love to show off that they spend more money that you...lol..

Anyways....why put out these useless Ipads when Me, some random 25 year old guy just thought of a WAY better product in under 5 minutes that actually would revolutionize the entire media industry..

You would have Nintendo making gaming devices for these companies, or possible building their own style of the ultra power unit computer or whatever they will call it..

You would have underground music artists linking music directly to these handheld games for players to listen while playing....( cheaper marketing)

You could just connect all the media...make the screen in HD, make the handheld in HD...and the best part....

You can still use the computer, even after removing the screen/laptop....it would still function as charging dock, and you could hook the handheld up to it and view the internet via that like an Iphone....and as soon as you reconnect the main screen it instantly switches to main screen while providing support on the handheld....

I'm just thinking of one ultimate media machine....with which you can remove the devices...

I probably should save this and patent it ....because if I could afford it I would get started on making and designing this...

O and I just thought of this, so If I can do that ( not that I'm special ), WHY can't apple put out a good IPAD instead of a electronic endles-page book that isn't compatible with anything else....

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazze

LOL

you need to think inside the box in this one my friend

the real reason Apple isnt supporting flash into iPad, its because you can find 1000000000000000000 Apps for free in adobe flash, so, instead of buying it at Apple store, you would be free to get any one you want

it would cause people to simply not buy any of the apps in Apple store, and this would fail them a lot

so yeah, its not about performance, its about $$$

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by geekgod

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by johnny2127

- If you're on a flight, train or in a car can you pop in a DVD and watch it?

Not that easy but what I plan on doing (just like you would do with a iPhone) is ripping any videos that I wish to watch and sync with iTunes.

Yes that's what you have to do (if you don't want to buy them off the iTunes store) but what a drag. They could have added a couple of mm to the thickness and fitted it with a DVD/CD player (or Superdrive as Apple calls it). They did it with the Macbook Air. But stubborn Jobs says NO.

edit: some bug with Edit/Preview posts make edits not show up.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The big deal around the IPad is NUI New User Interface...with the onset of NUI the separation between the end user & the folks who sit behind the code widens. Very soon we will just move icons around on a screen to accomplish what now takes some bits of knowledge-keystrokes, small programming bits like CMS etc. -depending on your use of a computer..but more so----the future generations will be in a knowledge gap and only know NUI or icon moving as a way of computing and therefore the gap between the know how's and the end users will be huge and in such a way that the more dependency on the computer the more control can be exhibited into the information system. I envision us as more Lemurian in the far future--Our necks will be longer and slightly forward because we have had our head pulled into the screens light over hundreds of generations and our hands and wrists will be longer so we can reach the embedded screens in our floors to compute or desires.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
... I am always online doing something and it's a pain to lug this thing around. My iphone is great but the screen is a tad too small to do things online with it ...

I had to laugh at this. Smart phones and Iphones (not a true smartphone) are made for surfing the web, etc. Heck, on most carriers, you must pay for the data service to do so. But it's not enough? You have to buy one extra product for surfing the web, that doesn't even do a better job at that. Maybe you need your eyes checked.

I have a Droid, and I surf the web quite well. I bought a netbook, for half the price of an IPad, but mainly for trips and such when I need a web surfing product that runs flash. Because, like it or not, flash is part of the internet. Plus, I can install photoshop, etc on my netbook, Asus, good netbooks, btw.

I think part of the IPad conspiracy is that Apple really doesn't want to compete with their laptops and computers, so they made a device that will do nothing that the laptops will do, otherwise you will only buy one product. Good money-making scheme they have going on there.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AHostileMe
I think part of the IPad conspiracy is that Apple really doesn't want to compete with their laptops and computers, so they made a device that will do nothing that the laptops will do, otherwise you will only buy one product.

But Steve Jobs clearly stated that the iPad would be better than a laptop at laptop tasks. He acted like a snake oil salesman back in January

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Apple products are usually great. Apples service platform sucks. It is like a bank, nickle and diming you to death to be able to use the device you purchase.

From what i have heard, many manufacturers (as well as Microsoft) have considered using the Apple Store model for netbooks. Corporatism is getting its hooks into computing and information. And if the OS provides the methodology of tracking and feedback of user trends, then it isn't really "spyware", is it?

1984 is not a "worst case scenario". It is a reality.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by geekgod

- If you're on a flight, train or in a car can you pop in a DVD and watch it?

Not that easy but what I plan on doing (just like you would do with a iPhone) is ripping any videos that I wish to watch and sync with iTunes.

Yes that's what you have to do (if you don't want to buy them off the iTunes store) but what a drag. They could have added a couple of mm to the thickness and fitted it with a DVD/CD player (or Superdrive as Apple calls it). They did it with the Macbook Air. But stubborn Jobs says NO.

edit: some bug with Edit/Preview posts make edits not show up.

Well most dvd's you buy now comes with digital copies. Additionally airlines are adding wifi which will be the norm soon. You can rip movies if you like but you can download many for very little money. My point is, new releases come with digital copies now. And given that this is a next gen product, the norm of the near future is digital copies and wifi on planes. So to answer your question, it's not a problem. Plus these are solid state drives

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
iPad....

Well, I would rather like to call it iSad.
Mainly cause it is just another SAD excuse to make people pay alot of many for the same product over and over again only they add something to it everytime.

Let's see.
We can skip the iPod's and head on to the iTouch.
They sold this for alot of money ( was atleast for me at that time ) and it hit the stores after the iPhone had be announced I think.
The differences between iTouch and iPhone is minimal. Isn't it just the phone part that differs them?
Anyway, they through out an iTouch as a cheaper alternative for the iPhone since you couldn't make a phonecall on it but you would get access to the "brilliant" new tech of Capacative multi-touch screens.
This is smart, I would have done the same. Cause people with less income and/or other interests like music and images instead of phonecalls would go for the iTouch instead and perhaps buy the iPhone later on. Pretty smart idea to get some extra cash.

They later release iPhone. It was a huge hit, cause really, Apple are pro's when it comes to Public Relations. The hype was enormous and it was also an success. And since it was such a success many of the iTouch buyers also got themselves an iPhone. ( I have quite a few friends that did this actually ).

So what happens next?

They announce a "new" product upcoming.
AND BEHOLD!!
We get the.... ( drumroll ) iPhone 3GS!!
WOOT!
This baby sold just as much, many of the iPhone users threw out their wallets and payed again those enormous amount of ching ching just to get a phone that was slightly faster in general.
On top of all that they have several different memory capacities. Was it 16 and 32 Gb? ( perhaps the first one had it too, can't remember )
So there are a lot to choose from and to upgrade to, later on.
Smart move....really.

So since the release of iTouch....what has happened?
Not much I would say, and how much have they earned?
Well PLENTY!
Adding to this is ofcourse the money spent on apps that hundreds of thousands of users get from their AppStore.

Anyway, now they release this mutated tamagochii plate that, again, does nothing really more different than the iTouch and the iPhone does. It is literally, as many have said here, one big*ss iTouch. Same thing only with a bigger screen and some new fancy menu animations. But this iTouch XL will cost a bit more.

Am I alone seeing a pattern here?

This is Apples redline in their way of business. And it is smart. It is smart because people tend to be the opposite. We fall for advertising all the time, and Apple know their stuff when it comes to marketing.

Heck, Apple could release abacus with some fancy colours and some would kill to get it. Crakeur made a similar comment about poop. iPoop.

There is no doubt in my mind that if I bought myself one "iSad", I would be thrilled and glorify it in many ways, until....I actually start to feel that I do miss the Flash. Cause it will take quite some time to have most of the internet to use HTML5. There is a LOT of content that uses Flash nowdays, and you can't simply convert Flash to HTML5 in a few minutes. This will take atleast 2-3 years if not more before we get to see the majority using this standard. By that time the iPad will be fairly obsolete and will have some contestants from other companies.

The USB issue is weird. To me that is just another way to make the iPad user being forced to BUY another Apple product instead of going for a cheaper third party product. Again....money and control.

And the multitasking. Bah.
I hear alot of, "No need for multitasking...it's not a computer you know".
Well, since when have computers copyright on multitasking?
No, some of you out there might not miss it. But I know I would.....after awhile. At the beginning I wouldn't care much since I am so excited about this FANTASTIC thing. I would take it to my job and show my partners there how cool this thing is, "Look what happens when I pinch open this Album...WOW right?", and the be dissapointed to see that my friends are not at all impressed...

...CAUSE THEY HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE!!!!

BAH!

This product is ofcourse important since helpt advancing the technology we have. But I believe this one lacks to much for me to even consider buying it for the amount of money they want for it.

A few months ago I was almost on my way to get myself an iPhone.
I tried my friends iPhone out for ten minutes and got bored...sooo bored.
I wanted the touch felling it had yes, but the grid like GUI bored the heck out of me. So I abanded those plans, and found the HTC HD2 instead.
And boy am I happy with that. It has also capacitive multitouch screen, much better ( for me personaly ) GUI and a larger screen 4´3...woot.
And this baby can do about anything the iPad can plus more.

However, if you feel like getting an iPad that is totally up to you...it is your money, but I personally would wait a little while longer to see it's competitors first.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Akezzon]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I might not be a problem to you. Until Apple gives the option of flat rate iTunes accounts I can't see this happening.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I might not be a problem to you. Until Apple gives the option of flat rate iTunes accounts I can't see this happening.

I can understand that. See I already have a ton of movies and tv shows to put on mine so it isn't an issue. But if you don't I could see how it would be frustrating. I do find it amusing that the whole time I have been typing in this thread about iPad's, I have been doing it on my iPad. LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I played with one at bestbuy and it was tons of fun. I thought it was going to be gimmicky and may be in certain ways but the pictures were crystal clear, barely any lag time and the web pages were awesome. If I had one I think I would play with it on break or on the couch. But the price tag is kind of scary but I understand that the tech for that hasnt caught up to the price for all those features.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

I can understand that. See I already have a ton of movies and tv shows to put on mine so it isn't an issue. But if you don't I could see how it would be frustrating. I do find it amusing that the whole time I have been typing in this thread about iPad's, I have been doing it on my iPad. LOL

How are you going to put your Media on that iPad?

You only have a couple of "Not So Good" options.

WiFi, Media Card or 3G. Is there any other way you can do it?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
How are you going to put your Media on that iPad?

You only have a couple of "Not So Good" options.

WiFi, Media Card or 3G. Is there any other way you can do it?

Same way you get data onto an iPod. USB-dock cable.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think Apple is very smart in what it is doing. Not in the sense of making an awesome portable computing machine though. They are making something that is exclusively run by apple. Not in the sense that everything is made by apple, but they approve the apps and you have to get them through itunes. They probably make money on everything sold through itunes.

With all the pirating going on today, this is going to make apple a lot of money. It is a bit harder to install pirated material for things like iphone, ipad, or ipod. You can jailbreak them and then download some apps through torrents and what not, but it's not as easy as using a "crack" per say. Even if you pirate the material for these things, you can't pirate everything. I get the sense they are trying to renovate the computer world and make it more profitable while seeming very high tech and futuristic ( which it is to some degree).

Also, just wanted to add that people have taken the ipads apart. They found that the inner workings are already configured to add usb ports and cameras. Not gonna find the links but you could probably find something about it on google. This means that it is already planned to improve this thing in new models. I think the ipad has good potential, just not right now.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by superbear]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
A closed system like the iPad is everyone's enemy. But, it has already been "jailbroken" so it can run unsanctioned code. We'll see how that pans out.

One good thing about the iPad? Watching the introduction press conference is a great lesson in basic NLP. Plus, you can play a great drinking game while watching it. Every time someone says "magical" take a drink. You will black out before the end.

"Magical!"
"Revolutionary!"
"This is amazing!"

Apple is using the tools of the mass media to manipulate the mass media and to eventually become the mass media.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

If your a iPodder, iPhoner you have to be an iPadder

If HP ever release their HP Slate, even though I believe it will be more usefull,
will people queue up for miles around just to buy one. I seriously doubt it.

The iPad just creates a new market, where there is no real need for one.
I think the people buying these will just think they are that much closer
to living in star trek.

Will it be seriuos toy or just a passing phase until something better
comes along.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Special_ED
reply to post by lafcadio

I'm a recording artist with a home studio and I also dabble in digital art.
I buy Mac because they work so transparently and do exactly what they're supposed to do without a ton of programs running in the background eating up processing power and I NEVER have to worry about viruses or virus protection, or those irritating McAfee updates, as well as the stability of the operating system.
I don't think about coolness i think about friendly usability. That's the only lifestyle choice I personally make when buying one. I've owned several PCs and several Macs and the Macs win every category hands down for me personally.

Good points. Macs are defiantly better for digital art.

I'm a gamer so I have to support PCs. I also enjoy flexible compatibility with 3rd party hardware.

PCs are defiantly not as user friendly as Macs. I've worked in the IT field for years and I simply love the flexibility of PCs. Plus I know how and which processes to turn off in the background.
Which does make a world of difference.

I also haven't had a virus protector for years. the two times I ever got a virus I used backup programs to get my PC back to an earlier state. (I would not recommend not having protection for most people though)

People like you who use them for digital art are defiantly making the right choice in systems.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm loving my iPad... Typing this on it, actually... Totally worth the $500...

...in my opinion

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Yep. You nailed it. It is a locked up device that will charge for everything. They want to control your access. I remember Steve Jobs saying a long time ago that he wanted to create a web that contained only what he wanted to put on it, rather than letting the web contain everything and attempting to build search engines to filter stuff out. He wants to filter stuff in. He wants to control what is included instead of trying to control everything and anything that makes its way online. Jobs is a fascist. Every time I see him he reminds me of a homosexual Beavis.

The world wide web is open for everybody to use. There are all sorts of ''standards'' of audio and video display. You choose. You can download, archive, upload, and basically make the net the way you want it to be. Steve Jobs hates that because he can't control it. He hates how popular Flash is. He hates how popular blogs are. He hates the way anybody can create freely. He hates the free library. He and his big Media touted stock are parasites pushing new parasite products. You always see people in the big Media telling you to buy buy buy Apple stock. The PC platform is the way to go. You piece it together the way you want it. You choose the operating system and the hardware in various combinations. You can use USB to offload and archive stuff. You can move data around easily with USB thumbdrives. You can do what you want. Jobs hates that. Jobs doesn't want to let you take stuff outside the net, outside ~his~ private little net of inclusive fascist brainwash.

I can see that a lot of the rah rah posters are simply saying they love Apple woo hoo. They are either not understanding your original post, or they are trying to downplay the locked up environment.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Cabaret Voltaire]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join