It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: 5 Agents busted in my door this morning - Unlawful entry 3-30-2010 - 6:30 am

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Direct link to the video: www.youtube.com...

I'm surprised how calm and professional the police were, probably because of the camera.

From what I understand, it's true that a paper warrant does not need to be shown (for a bench warrant), in the case of the bail enforcement agent, but I don't think they are supposed to be accompanied by regular police, and if they are, the police DO have to have a warrant or be invited in to take part in a search.

She did open the front door, but they had already breached her rear door and joined her in the room.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Blazer]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The officers should be charged with breaking and entering. Damage to property. Trespassing and sued in court. As for the bail bounds fella didn't look like he showed any id and I don't think they need a warrant paper form but I could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Why did they come in the first place? Im not too sure of your laws over there but it seems you were on bail, this would be relevent to them coming to your house at 6am

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is why I want make a Video live stream device that sits on my shoulder and records directly to an online database and can be viewed live by anyone or not, personal preference. So the recording device even if confiscated unlawfully, there will still be proof. Hopefully people who feel the need to have one can purchase them, cheaply and easily.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
WTF? they dont need a warrant?

EXCUSE ME!?

doesn't the 4th amendment in the constitution state that they need a warrant from a judge to arch someones private property, and they outright state they dont need one!!?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

great!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Question is: was he or she on Parole or Probation? In the state of California, if on either, they have the right to search an "inmate", their property, or any premise they occupy as part of the conditions. California considers anyone on supervision as "in custody."
I'd bet green money this isn't exactly a nice girl and she probably is, or he is, what with bail jumping, and such...

[edit on 4-4-2010 by odd1out]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Bail bondsman can enter a 3rd parties residence if they have a bench warrant.They only need to show a line of evidence leading to the 3rd party. For example they were seen visiting or someone informed them the person was staying there.Bail bondsman have even more authority then a police officer And are given alot of power when it comes to apprehending a fugitive.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm going to have to side with the cops since all the information isn't in so far.

The place looks like a crack house to be honest, she has all kinds of crazy # covering the windows to let absolutely no light in, more in the style not to keep the light from coming in, but to make sure noone can see what might be going on in the house.

Plus she's extremely annoying, I don't think the cops would mind talking to her, except she's got this camera in there face, and she keeps shouting in a cringing voice asking the same questions they've already answered like a hundred times!!

I'm also curious to what made them decide to search her house?

I mean who are these guys they are looking for?

Are the repeat child rapist and killers?

I have no idea what reason they had, or felt they had to go in there.

Till then, I'm with the cops.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I agree, she sounds stoned (but that can't be because they'd smell it), so then she's a meth head, they like the dark.

Like I said, I agree, for all we know the fellow the cops are looking for did something bad. Come on people don't be that ignorant that you'll believe this lady is COMPLETELY innocent...she sounds out of it, it's clear as day.

Edit, or she sounds naturally retarded and the cops had the wrong house and were overly aggressive when they realized it, so they began raging their anger on the crazy lady video taping them

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Just like the Kern county sheriff department.

One thing is she should have told the sheriffs officer that the skip chaser(bond agent) was not welcome and not allowed in her home. bond agent just love to see how the doors are locked and look for evidence that they can use to track there skip.
She could not do much about the sheriffs officer but they are not within policy to take civilians in on searches.

I have been arrested by Kern county officers (charges dropped later)

The sheriff should not be searching for skips like that unless they have seen the person on the property or know (by phone call) that he is there.

Its questionable if they have the right to enter and search if there is no evidence that the skip is there.

Bail bondsman can enter a 3rd parties residence if they have a bench warrant
Only if they have evidence that the person is in the residence.(saw him enter or saw him through the window or call him there on a land-line phone.
They can not just go around town and force there way in all of his friend and relatives homes in the hope he is there

[edit on 4-4-2010 by ANNED]

[edit on 4-4-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The bail bondsman must have seen the third party entering her home - otherwise he has no business entering the home. This is most likely why he kept saying "you let us in" - to cover his fanny.

Butr this isn't the end of the story by a long shot -= www.kget.com...

From the article: "17 News discovered a youtube video of Kern County Sheriff's Deputies and a bail bonds enforcement officer entering a local woman's home after she told them they couldn't come in without a warrant and her consent. With the evidence she caught on tape, the law seems to be on her side."

"There were also sheriff's deputies at the front door. Deputies and bail bond enforcement officials have different laws but a local bail bondsman not affiliate with this case said what happened in this case was against the law."

b.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Does her screen name "Blazer" sound like a stoner name to you?
Seriously.

I don't think that's in reference to her truck

[edit on 4-4-2010 by ghr54321]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Need more info.

Need details on case.

Post thus far is inconclusive.

But the police were very rude. I have the right to be rude in my house so the lady is excused. But- NOBODY disrespects me in my home but my family. That is my "house-law" and it trumps all others this country may try to enforce past my door.

That could have easily turned into a dangerous situation and was handled unprofessionally.

But, as the esteemed Republican08 above noted-

What are they looking for? Was the homeowner harboring a know fugitive? Is the homeowner a "known criminal" or "known harborer of criminals" in the area she lives in?

Like I said...more info needed.

But if the OP is legit and clean of all stated concerns above, then I say "send this to the news" and bark your head off to a good lawyer.

If you are an innocent American (and not running a meth lab or hiding fugitives) then this disturbs me greatly.

Of course...if that house is the center of "all crime" in your area, and a gang's known base of operations...I do not sympathize.

S&F just for waking me up (I was dazing out there for a minute).

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ghr54321

I dont think Blazer is the woman in the video. Otherwise why would they refer to themselves in "she did" context at the bottom of the OP

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
this topic is already being discussed Here

DO NOT EVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR A POLICE OFFICER.

it doesnt matter if they tell you they have a warrent signed by president obama, if they DID they wouldn't be KNOCKING on the door they would be KICKING IT DOWN.

this is a common thing called a "tap and wrap". police are TRAINED LIARS. if they get you to open the door it changes the rules of the situation.

if a police officer knocks on the door. lock it. if they have a warrent, the door will be broken off the hinges and guys with guns will come running in.

i repeat. NEVER....EEEVVEERRRRR....open the door for a police officer....not even if theres an "emergency" and he needs to use the phone/bathroom/whatever.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
OK, so i saw the first officer at the door, then she turned around and somehow two officers had gotten in her home without her permission. They had no right to bust in there like that without knowing if "Mr. Baker" was there.

The cops will just get a slap on the wrist for this even though they deserve more for breaking into her house. If they knew the guy was there I could understand.

What was with all the papers on her door?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The Sheriff Deputy said he had a bench warrant. However, the Bail Enforcement Agent doesn't need one and can make entry. They have more authority that any law enforcement officer in pursuing a fugitive (bail jumper in this case). One thing people don't often read the fine print when signing for a bail bondsman to get someone out of jail because that paper says that you give them the right to search any address you list as where you are staying. Even then, if they have good reason to believe the fugitive is in a building they have the right to make entry to try to apprehend the fugitive. That is where State laws may differ concerning what bail enforcement agents can do. In certain states, a bail agent must bring a Sheriff Deputy with them, and in some the bail agent has to identify the target location and let the Sheriff go after the fugitive. That is how it is in Florida.

Now the lady made some errors in what she was saying and the officers/agents knew that as well. I suspect the Sheriff Deputies did have a bench warrant because the guy didn't show up for court. That would have the bail bondsman call in a Bail Enforcement Agent to hunt the fugitive down before he ends up having to be out the total bail amount for the fugitive not showing up for court. They usually are given a short amount of time to provide the fugitive to the court before having to make good on the bond amount.

I don't know, but I have a feeling the back door was open (unlocked) and she opened the front door before anything happened like busting in. A door being locked is a lot different in terms of legality than an unlocked door or an open door. The lady saying things like, "You've been served" only made them realize she didn't know her legal terms, etc. She didn't have any legal papers to serve for one thing, and a process server would need to serve them for it to hold up in court. A few comments like that and they will run all over your rights because they know you don't know them. It is like when you get out of your car during a traffic stop, you should lock your doors (windows closed) because they are not allowed to search a locked compartment without a warrant unless someone was in danger. Now, if you have a warrant or something and they arrest you, your car can be searched incident to arrest. Knowing your law and terminology is the only way you can hold your ground with police. They know most people don't know the law and use it to their advantage. They are allowed to lie to you in pursuit of their investigation, so don't believe everything they say just because you think they can't lie or bend the truth.

They may try to say you’re obstructing their investigation by locking your doors, but that is just a lie to get you to voluntarily open the door for them. Otherwise they would have to get a warrant, which they can do over the radio or phone if they were that determined.

And the last thing is that they don't need anything with the Patriot Act. They can search your house with no warrant, day or night, even when you’re not there, and they don't even need to admit it. You might call the police to report someone broke in your house, and the whole time it was the FBI or someone with any particular agency and the police won't tell you what happened either. The Patriot Act has changed the game big time.

And if you knew how many times a week officers are threatened with being fired or sued, you would realize that they are not worried in the least. It does more to irritate them and may make them get petty just to irritate you back. You heard them threaten to arrest the lady once or twice because, and I am guessing, they would say she was opposing an officer or hindering their investigation. At the end, the officer that kept telling her to back away from him was about to lock her up, but the other higher ranking deputy came around back and called him to come on. Otherwise, that younger deputy might have locked her up for some frivolous charge like opposing an officer or failing to follow lawful orders. They have plenty of laws that they can throw on you if they are so inclined. I do think something like that would have happened if not for the video camera running. That was a smart move by the lady being confronted at 6:30 in the morning. I would have been too groggy to think to grab my video camera. I think I need to put a few web cams around the house and have the record on my server, where the recording goes over the same disk space every 72 hours or so. That way you could have video and audio in every room as they run all over the house. You can't keep track on all of them by yourself. That would provide proof in the unlikely event you get a bad cop planting something, or doing something illegal.

Unless the people vote in new leaders, take back our government and put an end to the police state, things like this will only happen more and more. Like I said, they really don't need a warrant thanks to the Patriot Act. That is the first law that needs repealed if you don't like the law being able to do things without warrants and checks and balances.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Well as the OP doesnt state if its her in the video or not, there are few conclusions you can draw.

1 - She was living with a known and convited felon charged with violating
his parole terms.
2 - Id say she was a doper...ive spent 17 years working as security in nightclubs and bars in 3 countries and ive seen millions of them...and this chick speaks like dope fiend.
4 - Anyone see the the notices served on the front door - eviction notices ??? Maybe thats why she alway has the lights turned off.

I also like what appeared to be the "school bus" parked in the yard and the shouts of "this is an act of terrorism" and "youve been served".

But as someone has stated the thread is inconclusive as there is very little to no information as to the whys and wherefores of the raid.

We need the OP to state why the police paid a freindly visit to the neighbourhood.
If she IS a crack rat, then who cares, who'd have sympathy for her. Dont give her thread time and close it.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by andy1972]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
A Probation Officer does not need a warrant to cheque up on a recent probation'r.

A cop does need a warrant to entre any property. No one can force their way into your home.

Sheriff's Dept under orders of housing court to carry out an eviction can bust the door down to extract the vagrants from the property and they are the one's who padlock the door.

If there is a known repeat offender at the location they can entre the property to take the suspect into custody.

First thing,

Ask for a business card and call the number on the card to verify that they are who they say they are. Call the Department they claim they work for before anything. Give an accurate description of the officer (age estimate, weight estimate, height estimate, skin colour, hair style) this will confirm if they are legit or not.

Second,
Open a chained door but leave the chain intact and ask to see the warrant. The signing judge's signature will appear on the doc and there should be a phone number on the doc. Call that to verify the legitimacy of the warrant. If they tell you they did not send anyone to your location delay the people at the door and wait for law enforcement to show.

Third,
Do nothing, do not let anyone in your home. Castle Domain allows you to tell a cop to flip off and they must listen.

Fourth,
You must absolutely not lose your cool, remain calm and collected and do not do any sudden move. Be courteous and polite. Do not be threatening. She almost lost her composure but fought to maintain it.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

[edit on 4-4-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

A Bail Bondsmen, on an issue of revoking, does NOT need to see you entering nor leaving a residence in order to forcefully enter. Most ask as to enter as a nicety, however they only need sufficient evidence that the "jumper" is on the premises or the owner of the house is lying to them. Because of all the bad press with mistaken identity and fatal shootings most Bail Bondsmen choose to wait it out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join