It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all "geniuses" serverly paranoid?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

... I read your sources, you moron. I even answered them all in a nice, neat little pile. Wtf are you talking about?

Troll much?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Whether it was the very real insanity of Vincent Van Gogh, the horrifying insanity of an artist himself terrified of insanity in Franciscio Goya, the neurotic Lord Byron, and his pet bear of which he walked on a leash, Michelangelo's irritating and undeniable eccentricities, including bathing rarely, sleeping in the same clothes for days on end, and never clipping his finger and toe nails, or the alien like behavior of Nikola Tesla, history has shown us a long line of mad geniuses who may have been misunderstood, or just plain crazy, but their contributions, far outweighed their eccentricities.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
'crazy' sometimes means you are dealing with someone who sees more than you do.

Those that see things long before their peers are always labeled as kooks, or conspiracy nuts, by those same peers who often, conveniently, years later, do not recall their prior use of labels.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Yep, too true. Often these people just have thought about things deeper or just see things slightly different than others. Who is to say which is right.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am a paranoid obsessive compulsive acrophobia, am I a genius?

NO.

But that aside, yes, genius and creativity seem to come with some baggage.

But I think we are all nuts, think about normal.

What is normal?

There is no normal.

Notice my signature.

Normal must be very boring.

[edit on 013030p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

a person with a high IQ trying to find the best way to eat pringles on pizza is sort of a waste case.

Not necessarily,

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nostradumbass

Nostradumbass, what a great topic, and screen name!

I'm thinking.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I would think so, because it's like that Stanton Freedmon guy.

He knows Nuclear Secrets, a little WMDe'.

These bombs are real, and one shouldn't go around the street with it, but I'm sure he has something up his sleeve.

His goon boys are surely armed to the teeeth, and this, is hug e .

He IS a genius, and can do that, so it's just natural/par for the course,

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The gifted seem to suffer from certain brain abnormalities like a high functioning right temporal parietal junction, or temporal lobe epilepsy.

Like savants.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by unityemissions

The gifted seem to suffer from certain brain abnormalities like a high functioning right temporal parietal junction, or temporal lobe epilepsy.

Like savants.

Well it seems savants have brain damage to a region of the brain, and neuroplasticity takes a hold and rewires the brain in an abnormal way. I don't think it's quite the same.

Temporal lobe epilepsy may cause a person to lack the ability of regulating incoming sensory data. This expanded experience may force an individual to develop sophisticated analytical abilities. If they don't, they'll probably go nuts!

The high activation of the right parietal temporal junction which I referred to seems to be an adequate source of this, though this is just my opinion. It links several areas of the brain, so that we may develop the ability to synthesize our advanced perceptive abilities in the form of metaphoric thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Speaking strictly for myself and my brother, no.

Depending on the means of measurement, the mood, and the day, we both qualify as geniuses. He might be a little ocd about a few things, but neither of us is paranoid.

I don't think there's any correlation between the two, except that non-genuises have been known to persecute people smarter than them, that might be were paranoia comes in, with justification.

Remember the saying:

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me."

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The same goes the other way. Some geniuses and gifted people with motivation have done some things on this planet which are horrifying and amazing in their depth and breadth of destruction.

Originally posted by apacheman
I don't think there's any correlation between the two, except that non-genuises have been known to persecute people smarter than them, that might be were paranoia comes in, with justification.

Remember the saying:

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join