It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New World Order...in Pokemon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I was looking through all the recent New World Order videos on YouTube and came across this. It is said at 0:18, 0:55, and (without "Order") at 1:24.

Is this normal for cartoons these days? I don't mean the symbolism of the New World Order, but directly mentioning the concepts and symbols themselves.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Hahah! Cool, maybe some kids will remember the phrase and it being related to evil people? I don't know, the new world order enigmatic in that only the few at the top could tell you what they mean. The consensus amongst us cattle is that it is an incremental graduation to world government, generally believed to be for the worst(for us cattle).

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Lol, you can tell it was just thrown into the plot. i use to love pokemon, i even had a charzard! Then i stopped years ago, and my little brother started, got a bunch of cards, and sold them for 2000 on the internet. guess what, 4 of them came to 1500.

Sorry, that was off topic.

I kind of wondered from the new world order perspective, and watching this just brings me back lol.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I did some research on the game itself, and found this:

In Diamond and Pearl, Team Galactic state their intention to create a new world order. However, only Cyrus (Akagi in the original Japanese version) and his commanders know the true details (and even then, Saturn is not entirely clear on this)--that this will first entail the total destruction of the current world to allow the presence of the new.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder if it says "New World Order" in the game as directly as it said on the show. It's interesting how this group operates similarly to the Freemasonry structure. I remember there being large protests over Pokémon and religion in the past, yet I don't see parents even blinking an eye at this. How odd.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I think this is a case of delving too deep into nothing. However, if we were to assume that this was some kind of symbolism, you have to take into consideration the context in which it was used and by whom. I believe the group that is talking about the New World Order is named Team Galactic and they are clearly portrayed as the bad guys. This to me means that the creators of the cartoon would be showing opposition to the NWO because, as we know, the bad guys never win in these cartoons.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by serenesupreme]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by serenesupreme

I went ahead and did more research. Usually when a cartoon originates elsewhere, it has aired there before in America, so I read the summary of the next episode. From what I understand, Team Galactic's plan is to send Cyrus, the leader, to another dimension, and they succeed. According to some of the comments, this is the first time in Pokémon that a villain has actually succeeded in his goals.

I know this is nothing more than a kid's cartoon and means nothing, but when the bad guy wins, and this is what children are watching, it makes me think.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I did some research on the game itself, and found this:

In Diamond and Pearl, Team Galactic state their intention to create a new world order. However, only Cyrus (Akagi in the original Japanese version) and his commanders know the true details (and even then, Saturn is not entirely clear on this)--that this will first entail the total destruction of the current world to allow the presence of the new.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder if it says "New World Order" in the game as directly as it said on the show. It's interesting how this group operates similarly to the Freemasonry structure. I remember there being large protests over Pokémon and religion in the past, yet I don't see parents even blinking an eye at this. How odd.

It does. Lol, I was just playing the game and thought it was weird, so I wanted to look it up. But yep its there in plain sight. "Our Boss wants a new world order that he will lead." Kind of freaky. btw don't judge me, I'm only playing to reminisce on old memories in my childhood
only 20 btw >.>

new topics

join