It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace in the Middle East ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

According to scripture Jesus will return sometime after the 3rd temple is built in Jerusalem. The temple cannot be built because of religious tensions that currently exist…for obvious reasons…The only way it would seem possibly for the 3rd temple to be built, would be if there was peace in the Middle East.

Peace in the Middle East sounds amazing and almost impossible, but according to the scriptures, it is the anti-christ who is going to usher in, a false peace. Most Christians believe this false peace is being brought about through the New World Order and its plans for a one world government. This may be partly true but I personally find it hard to believe that a one world government can bring about peace on it’s own, in such a region as the Middle East. To help prove my point, check out all the peace proposals we have on record, that have failed…
List of Middle East peace proposals

I believe there has to be something more to this false peace and also the scriptures say, it’s a false peace and not a forced peace. A false peace would IMO, be something that is based on a lie to deceive many. I am a Christian but I’m not an expert in end time prophecy, so maybe some knowledgeable Christians can help me out.

If you are a Christian, what do you think could bring about a false peace ?

If you are not a Christian, do you think there can ever be peace in the Middle East ?

- JC

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't think a temple will be rebuilt. The antichrist will not cater to the Jews. When God says the man of sin sitteth in the temple of God.

He's talking about the vatican. A false pope....

The false peace is already here. At lasalette Mary said.

" before all this happens there will be a false peace in the world ( which is where we are) People will think of nothing but amusement "

the age of comedy and shallowness. This is where we are. She almost pinpoints the exact age we sit in right now.

And so after this false peace, things will happen almost a sudden one after another, like a ripple affect.

peace OP.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
I don't think a temple will be rebuilt.

Well, they are currently making a life sized replica of the 3rd temple…3rd Temple replica
There seems to be a lot of planning going on, into the building of a possible 3rd temple in the future, by the Jewish people.

The antichrist will not cater to the Jews. When God says the man of sin sitteth in the temple of God.

He's talking about the vatican. A false pope....

I’m not sure about that….The temple of God, is generally considered to be the 1st and 2nd temples in Jerusalem, the later of which, Jesus predicted would be destroyed in verse Mark 13:2…

Mark 13:2.

"Do you see all these great buildings?" replied Jesus. "Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

Further down we see the following verse…

Mark 13:14.

"When you see 'the abomination that causes desolation' standing where it does not belong—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

And repeated in...

Mathew 24:15

“So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand.”

Which is in turn, connected to the following verse…

Daniel 9:27

“He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing [of the temple] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”

The Greek ruler Antiochus Epiphanies, set up an alter to worship Zues, at the alter of burnt offerings and sacrificed a pig, in the Jewish temple, in Jerusalem, in around 167 B.C… this event was termed, the “abomination of desolation”

In the verses Mark 13:14. and Mathew 24:15, Jesus is speaking roughly 200 years after the first “abomination of desolation” had already taken place in 167 B.C. So most biblical scholars believe that Jesus is prophesying about another future event. He is also referencing Daniels prophecy, which talks about the same event. Some scholars believe that Daniels prophecy itself was talking about the first “abomination of desolation” and that it has already taken place. Other scholars do not agree, because a lot of the other aspects, of the event, that Daniel predicted, did not come true. Either way, Jesus is talking about a future event that has yet to take place.

The false peace is already here. At lasalette Mary said.

" before all this happens there will be a false peace in the world ( which is where we are) People will think of nothing but amusement "

the age of comedy and shallowness. This is where we are. She almost pinpoints the exact age we sit in right now.

And so after this false peace, things will happen almost a sudden one after another, like a ripple affect.

Yes, to some extent I agree, we do seem to be living in a time, where people think only about amusement and entertainment and this may represent a kind of false peace but the prophecies regarding this false peace are centered, in and around Jerusalem, in the Middle East.

PS - Happy Easter…

- JC

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
well that passage about the offering being put to and end is specific if I'm not mistaken to the antichrist. So he's talking about communion being put to an end for a period of time. the continual sacrafice in malachias.

And the " standing where it ought not to be "

Is IMO from reading several things. The new alter table set up in church or it could be the last couple of antipopes we have had in the past and still have.

as for the temple being built, he might use that I'm not sure. But the NT temple is the church according to the Psalms and Christ himself, building his church in the new testament era.

Uhhh as for the false peace. Yea I don't know what's going to happen in Israel, but all i meant by the prophecy was that mary was saying that in general around the whole world there will be shallowness and a false sense of peace.

peace happy easter back op.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
If you are not a Christian, do you think there can ever be peace in the Middle East ?

Very unlikely to happen in our lifetimes given current circumstances. There's a good likelihood there will never be peace there, also that jesus won't return, a temple will never be built and antichrists aren't going to juke a fake peace deal. We may have to, you know, progress without the dubious assurances of ancient scriptures clouding our minds and obstructing our paths.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Children of Ishmael, or children of Isaac...

Until God comes down and explains which one he was referring to...we won't see peace in the Middle East. Both sides will keep throwing rocks and rockets at each other over the same patch of sand they always have....

Personally, I don't get it. Fighting over a place like French Polynesia...ok, I get that...but the Middle East?

(seriously, ever seen Bora Bora, I mean dang...if any place is paradise....)

new topics

top topics

join