It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dating someone who is HIV + while being -

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Please link me to your thread and I will be glad to debunk it.

Here it is. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
this post is making me so emotional... so many strong opinions and all are right... this issue seems to touch a lot of people deep. I think this is one of those situations with myself where i cannot make a decision and i need to just take in a deep breath and kinda jump into the next moment like as if it was the deep end of a pool.. I am still not sure what will happen, but in the second breath does it even matter really?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

Well... That's life.

I can tell you if you don't jump, nothing is gonna happen.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
remember, no one lives forever and time is precious for all of us, I say dont waste that time, better to of loved and lost than to never love at all.

this does touch me personallyin a way as i have a terminal brain tumour and always worry about telling any future partners, it's quite some bagage to bring to any relationship.
Still HIV is different and your man sounds very brave for being so open.
I'm sure if you are educated on the disease and carefull you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Good luck

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Research and encourage that both of you begin to take Miracle Mineral Solution, and detox. It has some wonderful testimonials.

Project Camelot interviews Jim Humble, the man behind MMS: Miracle Mineral Supplement

www.mmsanswers.com...

jimhumble.biz...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Are you sure he wants to risk you, are you sure he wants to put you at risk, did you even talk about it?

At the end of the day your two adults and as long as you have all the info you can get and you think it through and maybe both talk about it, maybe your come to the right decision.

p.s just make sure your first time together is not when your both drunk and you don't know what your doing.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
So i started dating someone and began to develop feelings for them, very strong ones and i could see the beautiful person inside. I had never been inspired and motivated so much since meeting and sharing my time with this person. Over the last couple years since that i've been single, after being in a longterm relationship, i've dated a few people but never felt a connection like this before. before i felt like 'hey could i settle for this person' btu in the end i decided i didn't want to settle with any of these potential partners... Now I went on another date with the guy i'm seeing now, which was probably the 7 or 8th date, a couple days ago he mentioned online that he was nervous about telling me something. That something was that he was HIV positive. At first I didn't care and was relieved that it wasn't "i'm still dating other people" . I went out and had an excellent amazing time with him this weekend and had just come back home today so our date lasted a couple days. I've had friends of friends who have had relationships with people who are HIV+ and that they had just been very careful. I'm worried about my health but also worried i might miss out on a great connection and relationship. I've done some research but thought id put this up here for anyone who has 2 cents to throw in.

I'd advise you do two things:

1. Give this relationship more than enough time to develop. You want to make sure it is 100% real and is someone you can always trust and count on. This guy could end up giving you a broken heart AND an incurable disease.

2. Keep your options open. He may not be as perfect as he seems and you need to make sure you realize that there are plenty of other great guys out there.

Love may be beautiful, but it's also a load of crap.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity, Jim Humble did not "invent" that solution, it's merely a chloride and cation solution, a compound common in nature. Additionally, it absolutely does not cure AIDS, HIV, or any other infection.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Your definitely in an awkward position. Today I contributed to another HIV thread. Been Poz for 24 yrs. So here is my two cents:

1. Better to have loved than not at all.
2. Accept the fact you may become infected.
3. His or her HIV will be a big part your life. You will have to be involved in all aspects of his health. Physical and Mental.
4. Ensure your partner maintains an undetectable viral level. This may not be possible for every HIV case.
5. Prepare yourself for the demise of your partner.
6. Safe sex can still be hot. Lots of toys, dental damns, condoms. You will need to visit your local adult video store.
7. Everyone dies. EVERYONE. So don't let this be an issue. If you feel mentally stable and feel comfortable with everything.....go for it.
8. Not everyone finds true love. If this is the one....go for it. Perhaps thats the biggest question for now.
9. Research, research and then do some more.

I say if you are a reasonably sound person, you can handle this. If I were you, I would make an appt. with a mental health professional and get some non biased feedback.

I wish you the best of luck.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity, Jim Humble did not "invent" that solution, it's merely a chloride and cation solution, a compound common in nature. Additionally, it absolutely does not cure AIDS, HIV, or any other infection.

He didnt invent it, wasnt said he did. He is however the first person to promote its use and has been involved in having this used, world wide, with very very good results.
Not only is his results good and he is supported by non US pharmecutically wedded governments, such as in Mexico now, after very high rates of recovery. Too many people are giving testimony, with too much at stake to not try it, as it breaks down to what amounts to a couple grains of salt in your body after a few hours. Its very cheap and you can make your own.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't have time to read the thread I'm afraid. Ozone may well cure HIV/AIDS. Google 'Ozone and the politics of medicine' Ed Mccabe is interesting. Plenty of solutions, I believe, if you google: AIDS lies. Beware of aggressive or high handed debunkers.

It would be more interesting if this thread turned into a serious enquiry into the nature of HIV and AIDS, and the lies surounding them, then a mess of cheap sentimental debate and fortune-cookie philosophy.

Good luck...

[edit on 14f20102amTue, 06 Apr 2010 10:45:06 -050006 by HiAliens]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
No way would I ever give advice encouraging you to follow your heart in this situation. That is ignorant. How many of us have "found the one" only to be broken up a year later, or divorced some time down the road. It's not worth the risk, there are other that you could be just as happy or happier with. Up until this point you have a future free of the prison of a terrible lethal virus. Keep it that way.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I haven't read all of the posts, but you asked for my 2 cents, and here it is:

Life, love, relationships and child raising are complicated enough as it is. Do you really want to begin any of the above with a burden such as this?

All of those saying trust your heart on this are wrong. Dead wrong. yes, intended.

This is a decision you make with your head, and only your head. Period.

I know how I would feel in your situation, and hate myself to the point of self-destruction for breaking this off because of the HIV and punishing this guy's honesty.

But

I would.

First, get tested if the physical part has included any exchange of fluids. A positive result makes the rest of my opinion moot. I hope you do this quickly and at least 2 separate screens.

Life is too short to take such a risk for yourself, and especially for children that could come as a result of this affair. Talk about hating yourself now...OMG...I couldn't imagine doing this to a child.

Unless you have a serious hygiene problem/ defect, there are plenty of guys out there that don't carry this burden, some meant to help you along your journey (this one included) but one in particular waiting for you, and you'll know.

You won't have this head/heart discrepancy. The fact that you do only means you are sane.

Think, dear girl. The answer here is obvious. The longer you continue this affair, the harder it will be to do what is necessary.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Run, literally.

With the sheer number of people on this Earth, the idea that one is the only one seems foolish.

I've have serious and strong feelings with a number of women, and provided you are strong enough to control your emotions when things get tough or don't work out (or run, like in this situation), you'll be fine.

In my world, only my wife and children are worth my life. If you aren't married, then it's time to scram.

Don't be a martyr for someone you can just as easily replace.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thank you, finally some Post that are not encouraging Him. look My friend, This is like a little more Baggage then one should be expected to bare. This well not end well.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This may be a total DUH! question but...

Have you made an appointment with your doctor to have a very honest talk about this?

Educate yourself and then go from there.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Hey Hautmess

I hope I don't sound callus, but I really don't see how this guy(?) is so great. I would have expected him to tell you he was HIV+ on the FIRST date. In my opinion waiting for you to be so attached is borderline mean. I say borderline because I have a hard time believing he waited to tell you to be mean on purpose.

The truth still remains, you've been left to make a decision on unfair grounds. The good, compassionate side of you doesn't want to be mean to this guy, and as a result it's clouding your judgement.

How old are you? How old is he? How did he contact HIV?

I'd leave for a couple of days and be by myself to THINK this one through.

Sometimes it helps to not have any outside influences when making an important decision like this one.

I hope it all works out for you.

JohnnyR

Edit spelling

[edit on 4/6/2010 by JohnnyR]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
A responsible person would not have them if it meant they would be born with HIV.

Just to dispell the myth that all babies born to HIV + people are HIV + themselves.

Modern drugs are highly effective at preventing HIV transmission during pregnancy, labour and delivery. When combined with other interventions, including formula feeding, a complete course of treatment can cut the risk of transmission to below 2%. Even where resources are limited, a single dose of medicine given to mother and baby can cut the risk in half. AVERT is currently running a campaign to ensure that all women have access to these drugs.

www.avert.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Dating someone who is HIV + while being -

Are you willing to give your life for this person? Because it seems that's exactly what you are doing... If so, then there you go.

It's like playing Russian Roulette with 5 of 6 chambers loaded....good luck.

Of course, treatment options have come a long way, and they need love too...but it's up to you to decide the risk and weigh the pros and cons...

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Gazrok]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join