It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver fraud. Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I just read an article about a fraud going on. According to the author the fraud started since 1975.

CFTC: Obey Your Plaque!
(Stop the Fraud!)
Silver Stock Report
by Jason Hommel, April 1, 2010

He gives a silver stock report as well as several links to back up his claim.
I'm not really in to the financial markets but this is some major statement he's giving.

My personal opinion ? Doesn't this happen with any product these days.
Link to the article

The Plaque in the lobby of the CFTC building reads:

THE MISSION OF THE CFTC IS TO PROTECT MARKET USERS AND THE PUBLIC FROM FRAUD, MANIPULATION, AND ABUSIVE
PRACTICES RELATED TO THE SALE OF COMMODITY FUTURES AND OPTIONS, AND
TO FOSTER OPEN, COMPETITIVE, AND FINANCIALLY SOUND COMMODITY FUTURES AND OPTION MARKETS

When the London OTC market trades in excess of 125 million oz. of silver per day, and only has 75 million oz. of physical in the vaults, again, it does not take a genius to figure out that something is out of balance there, too. The BIS notes that the OTC "over the counter" other precious metals derivatives exceed $200 billion, which is about 12 billion oz. of silver, or almost 24 years worth of mine supply, and 160 times the 75 million oz. they have left!

Why are people not waking up to this fraud? Why are big money people so complacent? Why are they not able to do the math, and see that $203 billion / $17/oz. = 12 billion ounces, which is 24 times world annual production of 500 million ounces, and 160 times more than the 75 million ounces they have to back it up in London?

What is the reason for people not waking up to this fraud ?
Some time ago I made a poll on a relative subject. The people that answered wer all highly intelligent and show and have shown this to me in the past. The majority of them simply not believed it.

He gives a bunch of sources in the article. And an essay he wrote on the subject in 2008.

It pretty much looks like he's telling the truth.
But who am I to say this.

I believe this is yet another piece of evidence that tells us we are on the wrong side of the fence. When will we start tearing it down ?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
About 1975 when Ford reauthorized gold coin ownership the precious metals markets emerged on a grand scale. Few years later the market fiasco in Silver with the Hunt Brothers really dealt me a financial blow in lock-limit-down-days not able to get out of positions. All I had in savings covered losses, but paper loss was much more substantial and long term capital loss carryover lasted for over a decade. There's another side to the shell game - encouragement from the tax man to "invest" your money.

gj

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

Unfortunately I do not have anything to invest. If I did it would not have been in silver.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
CFTC: Obey Your Plaque!

Just happened to have the image loaded....the irony of this mandate !

Somebody's already minting CFTC silver rounds...design should replace the existing plaque imo.

My personal opinion ? Doesn't this happen with any product these days.

Only two commodities with outsized , concentrated naked short positions...Gold & Silver , and only one "commodity" held as official reserves by world central banks...and it isn't pork bellies

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I heard stories about the same thing related to gold ETF's. I read if you wanted safety, you did not want to own paper shares in some gold ETF, you wanted to own the real thing. Even that carried risk because the government has confiscated gold before. The people who know it's a scam or that things are overinflated stay quiet and choose to make money if they know how. Just like with internet stocks that kept going up and up in price even though it was like selling a hot dog stand for a million dollars, they went with the trend because others kept on buying. It is madness we are talking about here but it continues on regardless. You might want to look up tulip mania. History repeats.

There is probably some fine print stating some sneaky terms about how the paper represents a certain amount of silver but all the people buying and selling those pieces of paper never verify that it all makes sense. They just keep on buying planning on selling it to someone else at a higher price. It's just like the tulip mania or the current stock market mania in my opinion. Eventually the mania stops and crashes.

There is also the possibility that when you see for instance 100 oz of silver has been traded when there is for instance only 50 oz available, that you may not be taking into consideration how they do the accounting for the trades. If I have all 50 oz and I trade it to say one guy, that is 50 oz traded. If he trades it to another guy, the trading amount may jump up to 100 oz. If I decide to buy 50 oz back, then the total amount traded may jump to 150 oz. Therefore the accounting shows 150 oz traded but there is physically only 50 oz available. I did not research the subject in detail here so I'll leave it to someone else to decide if there is fraud or not.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Ha ha there is a member with the exact same image from the coin as avatar.

There is definitely fraud going on as we speak. The guy in the OP says it's silver. I say it's the whole financial system.

Unfortunately it's the reality we live in but on occasion some smart ass comes with evidence which we can use to make a difference.

If I had the knowledge how, I'd grab it with both hands.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It is a total waste of time trying to tell people about all this, their eyes just glaze over.
Reality, and the investment opportunity of a lifetime, is just too difficult and too abstract for most people to grasp.

They just want to believe in REAL STUFF, like beer, football, pizza, and American Idol.

Just keep stashing away silver coins, silver bullion bars, and shares in silver mining companies as fast as you possibly can, and keep quiet about it.

Nobody will believe all this loony conspiracy stuff about silver anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Do you believe it ? Your reply suggests you do.
If you believe it, Why should others be incapable to ?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Do you believe it ? Your reply suggests you do.
If you believe it, Why should others be incapable to ?

Yes it is all true.
I have been following the silver market with some fascination for a great many years.
I still have silver here I only paid five dollars an ounce for.

But other people are just not interested in it at all.

They start thinking, hey this guy is trying to get me to buy the Brooklyn Bridge, and I just don't need a bridge right now.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

That was 25-30 years ago, investments are a long gone thing of the past for me! You are correct it is the whole financial system - I used to think about farmers booking their crops at the grainary for future delivery and how that allowed them to finance their seed purchase and expenses, but then it's still a crapshoot to get the crop to market within the designated window so you want to minimize loss potential and are willing to risk future potential current market price performance. Futures has always been a shell game. Looks like more of the mass awakening phenomena induced by the sheer magnitude of the numbers in relation to real data on supply.

gj

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Ok so you know it's true and you are saving silver.

If it comes to a financial collapse and the whole system breaks down.
I wouldn't trade anything for your silver. Maybe if you wrapped it in a pig or some other food I could live from.

Where do you think you can spend it ?
IMO when people are in survival mode they are thinking of food water and a roof above their head. Not about silver coins.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

There are major problems in existence and coming up threatening the common man. The evidence is there. We are waking up.
Unfortunately we still do not oppose. When the time comes it could be to late and we are living the end of times scenario from the bible.

It worries me to see puzzle pieces fall in to unwanted but yet perfect places. Places which we can fill up before this happens can save us. ( IMO )
We only have to stop listening, stop cooperating. Telling them No !
That's all. Yet we are to blinded by hate, greed, vanity.

I think we can not go on as we do and have done for years. It must all change. It's going to change to. It's up to us if the change will be for the better or for the worst. The balance is still in favour of the worst.

Lets hope it changes for the better.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

If you bought silver 25 years ago, and held it to this day, you'd have about a 360% return.

If you bought a share of the DOW 30 years ago near it's low, you'd have a 1250+% return.

If you ask me, buying silver is for suckers -- especially if you're buying coined silver, as coined silver typically sells at a high premium.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

The last few years have been pretty good for silver, 400% in six years.

www.kitco.com...

The Dow Jones has actually lost around ten percent over the same six year period.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Hope this doesn't violate T&C's... AMEN brother!

Let us hope the changes are for the better, but let us expect the process to be stressful. After all, there a lot's of folks that don't do well in their daily ruts when awakening and awareness shifts probably trigger those same triggers.

But I think the end-time scenario is another symptom of awakening. How many times can people be subjected to Nostradamus, 2012, Revelations, iChing - all over satellite/cable networks and not start to get the idea that these ideas have creedence and likliehood. Just like a Delphi pool, if enough folks believe in a future probability at a given point in time, the most likely outcome is that event will actually happen. (Okay, maybe not in some of the forums here!)

Thanks for the thought provoker!

gj

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

Thank you I've send you a U2U . My reply is really of topic so.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

If it comes to a financial collapse and the whole system breaks down.
I wouldn't trade anything for your silver.

IMO when people are in survival mode they are thinking of food water and a roof above their head. Not about silver coins.

Thousands of years of recorded human history indicate that gold and silver are safe havens for storing value during wars, financial collapses, revolutions, and natural disasters. What makes you think the coming problems are going to be any different ?

You may have a house, some land, and some livestock. But if you have to flee a sudden volcanic eruption or an invading army in the middle of the night, some gold coins can be taken with you, everything else has to stay where it is.

In ages past, gold was the king of all metals. It's value far surpassed even silver, because of it's scarcity, beauty, and indestructibility.

But technology has changed all that. The platinum group of metals such as rhodium, rhenium, and platinum are now far more valuable than gold.

This is because of their scarcity and value for some technical or industrial applications where they have very special and unique properties.

Guess what ? Silver has now become far more scarce than gold, and silver has some unique and very useful properties that no other metal has. There is no reason why silver cannot one day become even more valuable than gold.
Many other metals have already achieved that distinction.

Silver is becoming ever more scarce as all the silver accumulated over thousands of years is being consumed at a much faster rate than it can be produced. And ramping up the silver production rate is not possible either.

There are many compelling reasons why silver is about to explode upward in value.

As for preferring food to money.
REAL money can, and always will be able to buy you things. Just as anything of value can be traded or bartered for anything else.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I do not deny money can't by you anything.
I'm talking about a situation your money gets useless and do not have the power to get some place they accept your money and even if it is accepted then what ? Eventually it will all be gone.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I'm talking about a situation your money gets useless and do not have the power to get some place they accept your money and even if it is accepted then what ? Eventually it will all be gone.

Yes, there are situations where money is totally useless, such as being adrift in the Pacific Ocean in a small open boat with no food and no water.

And there are situations where paper money can lose it's "value" due to inflation or being declared worthless.

But gold and silver have stood the test of time as an honest store of value and medium of exchange.
And that is important.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Store ? Aha In my head stores were closed or failed to open empty whatever.

I know a store owner takes money Unless he doesn't know where to spend it an asks for a cow.

Sorry about that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join