It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hank Johnson : US Congrressman claims Guam'will capsize from military influx'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Hank Johnson : US Congrressman claims Guam'will capsize from military influx'

www.telegraph.co.uk

The 55 year-old Democratic member of the US House of Representatives claimed he was "obviously" joking when he made the remarks during evidence with a senior Naval officer about the US Military's build-up on the American territory.

While questioning Admiral Robert Willard, the head of the US Pacific fleet, the two-term Congressman from Georgia expressed concerns about the plans to post up to 5000 extra marines, and their families, to the island.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have seen the video of Congressman Hank Johnson questioning Admiral Robert Willard about his concerns that the Island of Guam " would tilt and ultimately capsize " due to an increase of population ?? This is a Congressman? Of course latter he tried to play it down that he was ' joking ' once he realized what he had just asked. To me it didn't look like he was joking in the video, he was serious asking the question . Judge for yourselves ..www.youtube.com... Scary to say the least .

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
All they have to do is make sure that the same weight is on both side of the island, they could easily accomplish this by placing large stones on the very very ends of the island so it doesn't tip over.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Actually an even better idea of preventing the island from tipping over is to install cabling mechanisms on the sea floor, under the island itself. As people walk from one end of the island to the other, when it starts to tip one way, the cabling system could provide tug and slack so no tipping and ultimately capsizing happens.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I wonder how wide spread this kind of ignorance and stupidity is running rampant through Congress. Scratch that ; No I don't , it was just proven with the passing of the Health Care Reform Bill...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

I like this guy as a congressman. I don't think he would make it driving a cab or working in a convinence store store though.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

The fact you like idiots like this making our policy decisions makes me very pessimistic about our future as a country. Either way ,joking or not, just making that kind of remark at a hearing is unprofessional at best. Maybe when elected we should award them a congressional box of crayons and a nifty coloring book ,along with a bike helmet so they can't hurt themselves or anyone else.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
All they have to do is make sure that the same weight is on both side of the island, they could easily accomplish this by placing large stones on the very very ends of the island so it doesn't tip over.

Guam already has the stones in place. They have been there for a long time already. They are called the Latte Stones.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
wow he's got whatever Nancy Pelosi has...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Considering this alarming revelation from this senator we should immediately amend the healthcare bill to add a section that prohibits the uneven population of any island and any populated island that fails to comply with the redistribution of population requirements will have to pay heavy penalties through a new revision of the tax codes.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Are these people really the best we got?

I guess it is fortunate for us that out government is basically on cruise control. It doesn't take a genius to take kick backs from corporations and vote the way CEOs want them to.

*cough*revolt*cough*

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
already discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

closed.

new topics

top topics

join