It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

senators scared of island capsizing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Guahan has around 170,000 residents or 650 per square mile.

Puerto Rico has 4,000,000 residents or over 11,000 per square mile.

Rep. Hank Johnson knows as much about geography as he does legislating.

Squat.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Does he understand that islands are not flat chunks of rock floating in the ocean?

Does the OP of this thread understand that this topic has already been posted??

YES, it was a stupid comment. And, YES, even Republicans have been known to make stupid comments.

Stupid does NOT recognize Party lines...or National boundaries.

stupid comment?

I'm surprised this man is able to dress himself in the morning. Ask a child in first grade if a island would tip over, they know the answer. This man has no excuse for being so ignorant, his I.Q I'm assuming is right around 75.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

...his I.Q I'm assuming is right around 75.

Well, he IS an attorney!!
(sorry...)

More I ponder it, more it comes down to either an extremely dry (and/or virtually non-existent) sense of humor...or, as someone pointed out, possible \influence of some mind-altering substance, something that tk the 'edge' off, so to speak.

Reminds me a bit of the deadpan style of humor similar to what comedian Steven Wright does:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I was wondering when this sensationalized story would show up on ATS.

Clearly the guy was talking in metaphor. The general got it, and responded logically, which lead to an intelligent exchange.

The people who can't see this clearly have problems with their communication skills and ability to grasp higher thought processes.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Really? Can you give examples of Johnson saying similar metaphorical things? Why did it take him so long to explain his great joke?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I was wondering when this sensationalized story would show up on ATS.

Clearly the guy was talking in metaphor. The general got it, and responded logically, which lead to an intelligent exchange.

The people who can't see this clearly have problems with their communication skills and ability to grasp higher thought processes.

It was impossible I thought, to top the laugh I got from watching the video in the OP.

However your post made me laugh even harder.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Is that guy high or something!?!? It's about 7 miles long.....12 miles wide.....7 miles long....Does this guy get paid for this?? lol Where do I sign up?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hank Johnson is a democrat from the 4th district of Georgia. The following Newsweek article may shed some light on the bizarre statements.

blog.newsweek.com...:

If it did not imbed then I apologize. Just Google Hank Johnson and it will show up.

Sorry apologists. Mr. Johnson is not some higher form of existence with supernatural metaphorical capabilities. Even the MSM is not trying to lay that one out there. He is just a person with an unfortunate disease that apparently is ravaging his mind.

When this quote was tweeted to Limbaugh he referred to the Hepatitus C and refused to criticize Johnson. What's scary is Pelosi will not remove him from The Congressional Armed Forces Committee even though she has been aware of Mr. Johnson's affliction for some time.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here's what Mr. Johnson had to say on the matter: "The subtle humor of this obviously metaphorical reference to a ship capsizing illustrated my concern about the impact of the planned military buildup on this small tropical island."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join