It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Congressman: "I Don't Worry About The Constitution"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Illinois Congressman: "I Don't Worry About The Constitution"

www.infowars.com

A Democratic Congressman from Illinois told his constituents that he does not worry about the constitution when it comes to the health care bill signed into law last week by the president, before misquoting from the Declaration of Independence and claiming he had read the 2700 page legislation three times.

Representative Phil Hare made the comments at a meeting yesterday with his constituents in Quincy that was captured on camera.

As Hare was questioned over the constitutionality of forcing 30 million Americans to buy insurance from private companies, one member of the public asked “wh
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This Americana piece of filth should and NEEDS to be kicked out. Because of people like him america is dieing. We need to kick him out of congress. People like him run our country. People who do not care about the constitution, Who do not care about the people. People who only care about their Friends and their own selfish needs ends and want's

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

MBF

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't know why people complain so much, it was the voters of this country that voted these people into office. I was smart enough to vote for the OTHER people. Funny how you can't find anybody that will admit they voted for this bunch of losers that we have in office now.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Coming from infowars it could be two things (just to let you know, he probably doesn't care too much for the constitution).

1. Taken out of context as in "I don't think that this bill interferes with the constitution".

or

2. The guy slipped up and actually let them know how he felt.

Either way its on them. They voted the guy in and they better remember this come November. Politicians and corporations haven't killed this country. The ones that abuse their right to vote without proper research have.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

He shouldn't worry about showing up for work Monday!

Any health care law that is enforced can be LAWFULLY ignored by way of the constitution.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Coming from infowars it could be two things (just to let you know, he probably doesn't care too much for the constitution).

1. Taken out of context as in "I don't think that this bill interferes with the constitution".

or

2. The guy slipped up and actually let them know how he felt.

Either way its on them. They voted the guy in and they better remember this come November. Politicians and corporations haven't killed this country. The ones that abuse their right to vote without proper research have.

You know, I got pretty decent ideas and I am fairly intelligent. If I ran for office, would you vote for me? No, you would vote for the guy in the nice suit with years of experience in the courtroom and boardroom who happen to have massive contributions and major networking. Everyone keeps complaining about the car salesman when in reality they need a mechanic!

[edit on 3-4-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

ya dude their is no way that this guy said that it is all infowars ya that's it. Their is no way your favored Canadian lied to you.

"Either way its on them." ya kid sure. It is all evil infowars politicians NEVER violate the Constitution. If this was coming from you beloved FOX or CNN then it would be a differnt sstory but because it is from evil infowars it is a fake.

you do not even know how dumb that comment made you look. You think your beloved politicians could never do bad. I feel sorry for you.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I live in Oregon, and while listenting to a local Fox talking head trying to pin down one of our congressmen (I don't pay enough attention to know which one, but I did pay enough attention to hear this) when pressed with a very similar line of thought, the response to a question like

-aren't you even concerned if its constitutional?-
was roughly
I am not a lawyer, I will leave it to the lawyers and courts to decide if the laws we make are legal. Why should I, Bush didn't when he shoved the Patriot act down our throats, that is still in debate as to its legality, but its law now, so I am not worried about it, this is legislation I believe in

And I thought, YAY POLITICIANS

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
its not good when the day comes, where all it takes to have the mentality of being a congressman or senator, is a plastic made in china badge foudn at the botttom of a cracker jack box

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I know some discredit Fox News, but it looks like Mr Hare really did say what Infowars claims, else why would he need to defend his comments:

Hare responded to the controversy with his own YouTube video Friday in which he said he meant that he wasn't worried the health care bill would be ruled unconstitutional.

I'm not sure his attitude about voting for a bill that may be unconstitutional is any better than the original claim made by the Infowars article.

top topics

join